As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• FryFry Registered User regular
    I appreciate the art-name-ability synergy on False Flag. Government Takeover soon, indeed!

Yay Hippo! Art is kinda boring, though?

Diversion of Funds is a "fair" Account Siphon?

• Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    NuSiphon
    not having a remove from game clause seems not good to me as it's not that less efficient (if you clear tags it's only 1 less value)

Lol at people saying it's not going to be splashed though.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Dis' wrote: »
    NuSiphon
    not having a remove from game clause seems not good to me as it's not that less efficient (if you clear tags it's only 1 less value)

Lol at people saying it's not going to be splashed though.
    it nets you 4c for a 9c swing (since it costs 1c) and costs you an extra click. Old siphon, if you cleared tags, would net you 6c but cost 1 more click. So they're kind of about the same, really

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    One of the main differences will be playing multiple in the same turn is harder because it is a double, so no siphon, SOT siphon etc. It giving you less money and no tags matters as tag me builds that chained attacks on that money are impacted.

The game needed a denial card and this seems sensible.

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Also Diversion into Mining Accident is still a thing that can happen. It will be nice for people to feel like they have to actually ice HQ against Criminal turn 1 again.

• LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Edit: sorry wrong thread!

Lykouragh on
    Also Diversion into Mining Accident is still a thing that can happen. It will be nice for people to feel like they have to actually ice HQ against Criminal turn 1 again.

After pack 6 :bigfrown:

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    edited February 2018
    I guess it *is* about time for a MWL update...

C’mon and nuke CI into obvlivion...

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Won a Store Championship today! Only 5 people and 3 rounds, no cut, and I got the bye first round.

Beat a Mopus Ayla and a Clan Vengeance Quetzal (secret tech: Corporate Defector and Bug!) with my Temples NEH, and beat a Brain Rewiring CI and lost to a MCAAP IG deck with Seamus-style Good Stuff Valencia. Swapping Film Critic for Employee Strike directly lost me the game against the IG deck and directly won me the game against the CI deck (three chances to steal the winning TFP off the top deck and failing every psi game).

edited February 2018
    Everyone act surprised, the final pack of Kitara got officially announced.

Also word from FFGOP that a new MWL *is* incoming in "the near future."

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Currently in the middle of running our MWL. 7 players, which isn't horrid. 5 of them are MaxX.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    edited February 2018
    MaxX is the Hot Topic of runners.

If it’s everywhere like that, it ain’t punk. It’s fashion.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Well. That was an event.

Had an honest to god Tie (harmony medtech + employee strike for the win), and then had a long time player and close friend go on tilt at a newer player. I should've done more as TO to defuse the situation, but I felt caught between my friendship and my responsibilities.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    I can't believe it's actually a reasonable decision to be taking Adam to a store championship this weekend.

What a time to be alive.

Epimer wrote: »
    I can't believe it's actually a reasonable decision to be taking Adam to a store championship this weekend.

What a time to be alive.

7 players at our store champ.

5 were MaxX.

Council of the Crest (pack 3) has a US release date of 3/1.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Epimer wrote: »

What a time to be alive.

Playing on jnet has moved seeing Adam from the new fun to eliciting a sigh: another runner that crushes remotes and hq and makes you feel bad for playing a non CI corp.

Oh wow, I've never seen this tool before for running tournaments.

Anything that actually lets you post pairings on a website is a good idea in my book.

persona4celestia.jpg
    PMAvers wrote: »

Anything that actually lets you post pairings on a website is a good idea in my book.

I used that at the recommendation of the facebook group "FFG tournament organizers and judges" or something like that. Worked like a dream, even when I ran into that weird tie situation.

Johno only brought it out for general use at the start of this year, but its reeeeal good.

Went to a store championship yesterday, it's the first time I've played since Worlds.
    Numbers were down from last year, only 15 people where we had 35 last year.
    I ended up winning, beating my apprentice in the final.
    I was playing Apocalypse Val and PU

• NisiNisi Registered User regular
    I've been playing online now and then and played at a GNK or month or two back. I am really enjoying the game again but my local shop isn't running a netrunner night anymore. There are others within driving distance though, just harder to make it out to them.

edited February 2018
    MWL Update!

Effective 2/26.

Summary:
    Runner:
    Rumor Mill moved to Restricted
    Tapwrm added to Restricted

Corp:
    Brain Rewiring added to Restricted
    Mother Goddess added to Restricted
    Mumbad City Hall moved to Restricted
    Whampoa Reclamation added to Restricted
    Violet Level Clearance added to REMOVED. (FUCK YOU CI)

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Was Mother Goddess problematic?

edited February 2018
    Loki + Mother Goddess is obnoxious as hell.

EDIT: Article by The Boggs talking about the changes is up.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Not a fan of the return of Rumor Mill, even if it maybe won't see much play.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    yeah same here, fucking hate rumor mill

Fry wrote: »
    Was Mother Goddess problematic?

Mom was a lot of what made rewiring combo oppressive, giving them the time to drop it.

I can go either way on Rumor Mill, since now if they're slotting it that means they're actually now missing out on all the other powerful stuff. They've gotta make a choice, unlike before where they'd just slam it into everything under the sun.

Plus it might dissuade people from going for a UVLC/Stinson combo.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Restricted makes the Rumor Mill decision a bit more interesting, but the existence - rather the possibility - of the card being in the meta means that glacier-type archetypes can't ever become good, because people will slot Rumor Mill as soon as they do and then Rumor Mill --> Stimhack their way into the remote all day.

I'm pretty horrible at meta predictions, but it seems to me that Reg Anarch is the clear best overall runner deck now (if it wasn't already) as Tapwrm going on restricted really hurts most Hayley decks, and what corp decks are good against that? Glacier is out because of the above, so maybe PU or the Biotech Urban Renewal variant? Not the most fun meta there.

But I hope I'm wrong. I usually am :)

In some ways it is like kill protection, you don't want to include it, normally because of slots, but in this case because you give up another powerful card. But if the top decks are kill or glacier you have something you can include. Ultimately it makes your deck worse but sometimes it's worth the hit.

edited February 2018
    Glacier seems to be on the rise again due to Jinja City Grid at least, and that doesn't give a eff about Rumor Mill. They can set up some disgusting remotes if they feel like it.

Speaking of fun stuff, possible text spoilers from Council?
    YES WHITE HAT YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS

Also I look forward to building a 24/7 Armed Intimidation deck. :D

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    white hat looks rull good

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I finally got my stock of the Revised Core Set. Now to wait until a customer buys it so I can play it and see if I need a third LCG FFG obsession...

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    Man, Corp is really hard now.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I just took one for the store anyway.

I now have 3 FFG LCG obsessions.

I feel I have a problem...

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I just took one for the store anyway.

I now have 3 FFG LCG obsessions.

I feel I have a problem...

I'm currently actively playing Netrunner, Star Wars Destiny, Lord of the Rings and Arkham Horror. I've got a full collection of Game of Thrones that never gets played, and the same for Doomtown Reloaded.

My problem is that Netrunner is too good and I'd almost always rather be playing that.

persona4celestia.jpg
    edited March 2018

CHI LO REPRESENT!

Oh man so exciting.

Interesting wording it as 10 factions, though....

Edit: I R Dumb, was thinking there were 9 factions instead of 7 + the neutrals.

Athenor on