As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[phalla] Fortune of Fools - The Priests of Zalbanadur and Alluring Merchant Victory!

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    I can't seem to remember any other grudge vote, so I will vote for Kime because I don't think I have ever voted for you, unless it was a bandwagon or self-preservation. Plus, you did vote for me to die in the beauty and the beast phalla, until our seer saved me. :P

"I can't remember ever voting for you, except for the two main reasons that people vote for..."

I see what you did there!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I don't normally day 1 vote, but when I do, it's always for Kime.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    hmmmmm
    Yes.
    kime is always evil

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    It's nice to be back, enlightenedbum!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    It's nice to be back, enlightenedbum!

Mafia buddies aren't supposed to singleton vote for each other on day one. We discussed this.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I remember now. It's kime I actually can think of a HotS-related reason to grudge!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    It saddens me to see townspeople behave this way. Turning on your own kin, so readily! Perhaps this place is beyond saving...

No. I must redouble my efforts.

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    I remember now. It's kime I actually can think of a HotS-related reason to grudge!

SUPER SUSPICIOUS Auralynx

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    I can't seem to remember any other grudge vote, so I will vote for Kime because I don't think I have ever voted for you, unless it was a bandwagon or self-preservation. Plus, you did vote for me to die in the beauty and the beast phalla, until our seer saved me. :P

"I can't remember ever voting for you, except for the two main reasons that people vote for..."

My personal favorite vote reason is "they did something sketchy once, so I'll vote them forever until one of us are dead"

I do that kinda a lot.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    It was mrpaku what brought the darkness to our village!

Green wrote: »
    It was mrpaku what brought the darkness to our village!

I agree. Bad mrpaku!

Steam profile
    SLyM wrote: »

My personal favorite vote reason is "they did something sketchy once, so I'll vote them forever until one of us are dead"

I do that kinda a lot.

SLyM is now honourbound to regale me with tales of how sketchy I am, or be branded a liar.

Discrider recently burned his neighbors homes to the ground, then forced an entire galaxy to kneel before him.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Discrider recently burned his neighbors homes to the ground, then forced an entire galaxy to kneel before him.

So vote him mayor?

Hey, hey.
    I would've done that the game of TI before too, but my 2 in 5 dice roll of victory in the TI3 PbP didn't go my way.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    JPants wrote: »

If the game I've now remembered is still available as VoD on the relevant twitch pages, I can prove I have a reason. :P

kshu0oba7xnr.png

If the game I've now remembered is still available as VoD on the relevant twitch pages, I can prove I have a reason. :P

Honestly, part of me wants to give that move a pass as there is no way mafia-Auralynx would change that vote even if Sega was a fellow Mafia....

.... or maybe that's just what you want me to think! Clearly I cannot choose the wine in front of you.

Brody wrote: »

The game before:
    El Skid wrote: »
    So wait, Muuat have taken the burocracy strategy and are ahead on VPs...and have a 2/5 chance of winning via imperium rex this turn?

Argh we definitely should have seen that coming. Perfect example of game theory, the group needed someone to take number 8 but it was in everyone's personal best interest to do something else! Well hopefully this doesn't bite us...

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular

Honestly, part of me wants to give that move a pass as there is no way mafia-Auralynx would change that vote even if Sega was a fellow Mafia....

.... or maybe that's just what you want me to think! Clearly I cannot choose the wine in front of you.

So help me if you start channeling that bald guy I'm going to vote against you every day :P

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular

I think I know the game he is referring to, which was a solid attempt at an all phalla HOTS team. It's only fair we get an all HOTS mafia team

PSN SeGaTai
    SeGaTai wrote: »

I think I know the game he is referring to, which was a solid attempt at an all phalla HOTS team. It's only fair we get an all HOTS mafia team

Yeah, I think you can probably both recall the one I have in mind.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

So here's a survey RE: Vizzini in Princess Bride:

The line about classic blunders where he says "never get involved in a land war in Asia".... Risk reference or Vietnam reference?

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

The line about classic blunders where he says "never get involved in a land war in Asia".... Risk reference or Vietnam reference?

Vietnam. It was written in 1973

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    SeGaTai wrote: »

For the short period of time I actually played HotS (babies make computering hard), I always tried to get a game going with some of you phalla folk, but you were always "away" or "in a match" which is clear code for "mafia members convening in private room".

I figured this was the correct answer. As a kid i always thought Risk, and that it was hilarious they'd put a board game reference in the movie. Watched it as an adult and the Vietnam thing was obvious, but part of me wants to hang on to the Risk idea.

Oh, huh. I always assumed it was a Russian reference, like, "invade Russia and lose your army" a la Napoleon.

Steam profile
    :/
    Is HOTS yet another DoTA clone?

discrider wrote: »

Kind of. It's got no gold economy at all so it's mostly XP / time-division based, which is a relief.

I am of the belief that it is not presently in a good state, so I am not playing it, but we had a pretty good inhouse tournament scene going last year that was a lot of fun.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

discrider wrote: »

It is the same genre, if that's what you mean, yeah.

Steam profile
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    If I'm reading it right (correct me if that's not the case) I believe I'm at five, followed by auralynx and kime at four, segatai and roadvirus at three, and almost everyone else at one

Which I guess begs the obvious question, "which one of my future occultist murderers would buy that I have a death thrash if I just said so out loud"?

Depends on if people are feeling lucky. Or are really good at counting under pressure.

mrpaku wrote: »
    If I'm reading it right (correct me if that's not the case) I believe I'm at five, followed by auralynx and kime at four, segatai and roadvirus at three, and almost everyone else at one

Which I guess begs the obvious question, "which one of my future occultist murderers would buy that I have a death thrash if I just said so out loud"?

"death thrash"?

Steam profile

"death thrash"?

Probably a Damn You Autocorrect! situation, but if not, I'm assuming it's heavy metal I wouldn't enjoy.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

We love you MrPaku!

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Slym

"death thrash"?

Probably a Damn You Autocorrect! situation, but if not, I'm assuming it's heavy metal I wouldn't enjoy.

Probably deadly loud heavy metal. I assume the threat here is that someone is going to die with the vote.

Phoenix-D wrote: »

"death thrash"?

Probably deadly loud heavy metal. I assume the threat here is that someone is going to die with the vote.

Death Thrash would be some guy moaning, as if he were trapped in a well, about the infinite blackness and futility of existence and / or something Lovecraftian or Satanic, while simultaneously his band plays really fast.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

death thrash as in a revenge kill when he dies that targets someone who attacked/voted for him. I assume.

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    death thrash as in a revenge kill when he dies that targets someone who attacked/voted for him. I assume.

But can a man as charismatic and central to the ongoing plot and events of this game as I clearly am *truly* die, JPants?

Can you destroy the *idea* of mrpaku in this village? Or do the attempts to kill me only make me stronger?

But can a man as charismatic and central to the ongoing plot and events of this game as I clearly am *truly* die, JPants?

Can you destroy the *idea* of mrpaku in this village? Or do the attempts to kill me only make me stronger?

Ok they're going full supervillain.