As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[5E OOC] Before the Darkness - "Who Watches the Poopmen"

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    playing lots of Caves of Qud, and only last night did it occur to me that my weird-ass character preferences translate extremely well to settings with post-apocalyptic mutants

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Most anthropomorphic characters do. It tickles that part of the brain that asks "what happens after?". Do animals take over or do we morph into more animalistic forms?

Plus, Zephy is rad....

Get it?

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I need someone to play Son of Roofcop next game

Rainfall and I have come up with some deep Roofcop lore

and it's amazing

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Roofcop

"You know why there's only second-story thieves? Because they dare to go no higher."

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Is Son of Roofcop just Roofcop 2: Roof Copper? Or is Son of Roofcop the Dark Anti-Roofcop, Basementcrook?

Oh shit, they're twins. Roofcop Jr. and Basementcrook are fierce rivals, and Roofcop Jr. can never seem to fully resolve the Basementcrook situation because he still believes there is good in his brother, that he can be redeemed to a life of virtue. And then in Roofcop 3 they come together when their dad dies and the magic seals weaken that prevented the return of their forgotten older sister, legally ambiguous but morally perverse queen of the ground floor, Lobbycitizen.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    For Roofcop build considerations:

- Barbarian (Path of the Ancestral Guardian): For a Roofcop who is guided by generations of past Roofcops.
    - Barbarian (Path of the Zealot): For a Roofcop whose thirst for justice will not be halted even by death.

- Bard (College of Whispers): For a Roofcop who knows all the secrets of the realms beneath him and deftly pulls the puppet strings of street-level folk from above.

- Cleric (Light Domain): For a Roofcop who has come to reflect the majesty of the sun above.
    - Cleric (Tempest Domain): For a Roofcop who respects that the sky is just another kind of roof, a roof-above-all-roofs.

- Druid (Circle of the Land, Mountain): For a Roofcop who is especially in tune with the unique ecosystem of the roof.
    - Druid (Circle of the Shepherd): For a legitimately fucking terrifying Roofcop who is a fan of Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds".

- Fighter (Battle Master): For a strictly mundane Roofcop whose legend grows from superb skill alone.

- Monk (Way of the Shadow): For a Roofcop who is a little bit more Batman than some other hypothetical Roofcops.

- Paladin (Oath of the Crown): For a Roofcop who is dedicated to preserving a civilization he can never be a part of (SadHulkWalksAway.wav).
    - Paladin (Oath of Vengeance): For an especially zealous Roofcop, with an element of dramatic tension if his sworn quarry leaves the roof.

- Ranger (Gloom Stalker): For another Batman-like Roofcop who rules the night.
    - Ranger (Hunter): For a brutally practical Roofcop who is disinterested in taking criminals alive.
    - Ranger (Monster Slayer): For a Roofcop who accepts that man is the real monster.

- Rogue (Inquisitive): For a Roofcop who takes a more analytical approach to solving crimes.
    - Rogue (Swashbuckler): For a Roofcop who is interested most of all in presenting a dashing silhouette.

- Sorcerer (Storm): For a Roofcop who has dwelt between city and sky until the sky became a part of him.

- Warlock (Celestial): For a Roofcop who is pledged to eldritch beings of immutable cosmic law.

- Wizard (School of Abjuration): For a Roofcop who is offended by misuse of magic above all other crimes.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    obviously nothing is set in stone

but rainfall and I were angling toward ranger, probably a horizon walker because roofcop protects roofs everywhere

and maybe he's a demigod, too

I made a joke about roofcop's son (someone's character, I presume) being named at birth "Son Of Roofcop" (that's a first, middle, and last), but changing it when they became an adult

obviously, if someone wants to play as roofcop's progeny then they can do whatever the fuck they want

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    so my brain is getting some bad SSRI withdrawals today, and I'm gonna try to take a long nap

worst case scenario is that I'm gonna be disorientated and confused during the game, and might need help cutting information into child bite-sized pieces for me

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    RIP Angus.

• Options
    iguanacus wrote: »
    Let's kill some fucking brain suckers! Or maybe not, I dunno. I'm flexible.

Well, it seems 'not' was chosen for me

• Options
    Welcome back Angus.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    my current idea is locking the mindflayer in a lead coffin and shipping it to the githyanki

also, Gwyndia would understand, Zephy's gonna be calling it summertime

apparently, she lives her 'seasons' both backwards and capriciously

with winter being the week of detox from spring

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Since it's her Summertime, Zephy is doing a few things differently

first off, I'm retconning that manticore tooth necklace into a helmet made out of manticore parts Zephy is now gonna wear that helmet instead of her straw hat

for reference, it sorta looks like the one here, only it's open-faced, and made out of manticore instead of metal

she's also traded in her banjo for whatever fantasy equivalent we have to a mexican guitar. plus smoking cigars rolled by her own hands (she'll still sneak a little pipe time in if she doesn't think anyone is looking)

her morning routine now involves eating a stacked plate of scrambled eggs, and a short round of physical exercise with schrubbert

the only actual concerning thing is that she sometimes mumbles "WAR" in her sleep when she's tossing and turning in her shell

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Zephy on the war path.

• Options
    008Wartortle.png

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Gawyndia and Zephy need to have some good interactions imo

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Ok, so I know I’ve been talking up this Abjurer Wizard Cop concept a lot, but I spent like the entire weekend musing about different ways to build the Guy On A Buffalo. So there is a challenger for the top spot in the character file.

• Options
    so what are we talking, here

a mounted wizard

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Dubh wrote: »
    so what are we talking, here

a mounted wizard

More likely some combination of Fighter, Paladin and/or Ranger. But since I haven't settled on an actual build, the Abjurer Wizard is still the #1 spot.

I just really want to trample somebody. And I can't stop inventing new characters.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Wait, crap. Phantom Steed is only a 3rd level Wizard spell.

There it is then.

"One day, Wizard on a Buffalo walked off to do some Magic!
    The buffalo said, No don’t do it man by yourself.
    Wizard said I got this I don’t need you buffalo it’s just Mage Armor!
    And normally the buffalo would have his back, but he was chomping on some grass in the field.
    And just about when the Wizard got ready to cast, he straight up got mauled by a Displacer Beast!"

Desert Leviathan on
  • Options
    you absolutely need to have the perform skill / musical instrument proficiency for that character

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    oh shit, it's a ritual spell AND doesn't require concentration

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Are we playing tonight or is someone out? I feel like someone said they were out but i dunno.

• Options
    I don't remember anybody saying they were out this week. I'm available anyway.

• Options
    I'm here

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    I'm folding like a house of cards, not gonna be able to run a game tonight.

• Options
    No worries, take it easy.

I’d say I would use the night to catch up on something productive, but I’ll actually spend it swearing at Bayonetta until my fingers are too cramped to keep trying these goddamn challenge rooms.

• Options
    I'll be resetting Pokemon Ultra Sun till it gives me a fucking adamant Rowlet, come one you fucking game do it do it do it

• Options
    Hanging out in the discord anyway for a while, if anyone wants to listen to my Shitty Old Man Reflexes vs. Character Action Games frustration, or do something else, or just chat.

• Options
    oh shit I would have been on discord if I knew you were there, scott

kinda worked out we didn't have a game tonight, because it looked like I was due for an autistic meltdown

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    It's cool, it was just an hour or so of increasingly incoherent and blasphemous profanity.

"You must be the angel of shit-fucking! You should go back and tell god to give you a dog's dick instead of a nose so you can fuck the shit while you sniff it because thaT'S EffiCIEnT AAGHJKHDJKGHJKSDLGHJKSLDHGJKSDLGHKSDLGJ"

• Options
    God I love Bayonetta.

• Options
    how on god's green earth are bladelocks so bad in 5e when bayonetta exists as a shining example of it

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Yeah, they do seem to assume that any would-be future bladelocks will go Hexblade, and have given up on reworking the base package. Then again, Hexblade would actually be a pretty good fit for a Bayonetta homage, what with all her weapons being forged from demons Rodin goes and catches for her. And then maybe multiclass with a Vengeance or Conquest Paladin and have her Paladin Oaths be to Madama Butterfly. Then all her Smites could be Wicked Weaves.

Hmm. It sort of works. Sad to say, the perfect system for that kind of bonkers horseshit would be Exalted. But even thinking about wading through the current rule set gives me a headache.

• Options
    hexblade wants me to wear medium armor and I don't wanna

missed opportunity to make a tortle hexblade

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    I super like unarmored characters in general

Auraj and Zephy both got natural armor mmhmm mmhmm

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    HOWEVER I forgot that mithril breastplates and chain shirts can be worn under clothes and I feel like a doof for forgetting

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    i am of the opinion that armour is good and neat.

also helmets. helmets are good.

• Options
    I was doing some Tusk sketches last night, that I can't post because I left my tablet at home this morning, but got to thinking about what he's been up to. What with the chaotic energies of the Great Mad Boar Spirit overwhelming the enchantment of the Wolfblade and making it turn him into a Wereboar instead of a Werewolf, it's probably in need of a new name.

BEHOLD

RAZORBACK: THE HOGSABER.

0m1pxccosg2g.jpg