As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Attempting to comprehend Norse linguistics since 2017...

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    For what it's worth, Guard 3 is a very underrated B skill for tanks, especially on ones that have to deal with BLyn, Reinhardt and Ayra. Locking out short cooldown specials is really valuable, you can almost view it as a more broadly applicable Wary Fighter on units with high enough defenses.

I'm very taken with those new armoured units, new unit combinations and making seasonal skills more available is always appreciated.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Shen wrote: »
    For what it's worth, Guard 3 is a very underrated B skill for tanks, especially on ones that have to deal with BLyn, Reinhardt and Ayra. Locking out short cooldown specials is really valuable, you can almost view it as a more broadly applicable Wary Fighter on units with high enough defenses.

I'm very taken with those new armoured units, new unit combinations and making seasonal skills more available is always appreciated.

And Emerald Axe+ isn't bad either for obvious reasons. Titania herself isn't totally worthless, she's excellent at baiting in blues of all kinds. And fighting most of them one on one, just because it's very hard for them to get damage through on her.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    akjak wrote: »
    So... feed dupe Cecila's to Ayra? That B skill... Woosh that'd be bad for anyone facing Ayra.

wonder if that would fall under the category of buffs for negation that a lot of the new units have

also
    New raven is a beast.
    he is filling a giant hole i have in my axe core. filling it with bodies.

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    The new heroes look pretty cool! Nothing I NEED based on love for a character, but I do desire a strong blue lance that isn't Effie or some seasonal joke character.

I don't know of Hardin. Anyone played his game? A DC armor with a massive defense and res boosting skill seems better suited to vengeful fighter than bold fighter... Or maybe keeping bold and using warding breath!

• chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    So... feed dupe Cecila's to Ayra? That B skill... Woosh that'd be bad for anyone facing Ayra.

wonder if that would fall under the category of buffs for negation that a lot of the new units have

also
    New raven is a beast.

I've had a 5* Raven for ages (I think he was the second or third 5* I ever pulled), and while occasionally filling in on Arena assault teams for a axe user, he's been very underwhelming. I did have the sp on him to give him Basilikos, but don't have enough yet to enhance it to give him the +5atk/spd one. I think I have Luna on him now. What special did you give him?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    I love dragons and novelty in general, but will that outweigh my ambivalence toward Robin? Knowing my luck with him, I'll probably get him by accident, but he's a permanent addition to the game so I'm not gonna chase him just yet. Didn't think he'd be the first one to 5 incarnations...

It's almost like someone...tipped the scales. :cool:

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    So dragon, armor, and last boss status should give him the new highest BST right?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    mts wrote: »

also
    New raven is a beast.

I've had a 5* Raven for ages (I think he was the second or third 5* I ever pulled), and while occasionally filling in on Arena assault teams for a axe user, he's been very underwhelming. I did have the sp on him to give him Basilikos, but don't have enough yet to enhance it to give him the +5atk/spd one. I think I have Luna on him now. What special did you give him?

mine is + atk so i think that helps
    I still am building him up and don't have his refined version yet

he currently has Sol on him still which is sorta nice since I am giving him fury and it gives him some sustain. I wish I had an aether for him but that isn't happening.

camo_sig.png
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    So dragon, armor, and last boss status should give him the new highest BST right?

He's got that Leggo heroes bloated moveset too.

190+ BST incoming.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

I'm guessing it might be exclusive to Celica based on how strong it is.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    If only.

ua912kxjxlyq.jpg

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    edited February 2018
    Mannnnn, that just makes me wish it was female Robin even more :(

(psssst, IS... just go ahead and release her anyways... you can always do a part 2 to this dragon banner :P Make her a red dragon so I can kick Tiki the hell out of my dragon team :D)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I just hope that Robin has reasonable res and def, so I can have a nice one-stop shop for countering both Rein AND lyn

steam_sig.png
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Mannnnn, that just makes me wish it was female Robin even more :(

(psssst, IS... just go ahead and release her anyways... you can always do a part 2 to this dragon banner :P Make her a red dragon so I can kick Tiki the hell out of my dragon team :D)

future ghb. female fell robin

camo_sig.png
    Sure, I want Robin, but I'm just going to keep hoarding until CYL2, Morgan, or Selkie show up.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I’m not super interested with these heroes. I will likely keep wasting orbs hoping for VLyn.

Patch is out, datamines incoming:
    https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/datamine/feh-datamine-022118-fallen-heroes

I saw this on Reddit, think it's the official art?
    6y19cdqb0ph01.png

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Patch is out, datamines incoming:
    https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/datamine/feh-datamine-022118-fallen-heroes

I saw this on Reddit, think it's the official art?
    6y19cdqb0ph01.png

Datamine suggests... a very very silly weapon. If you've played the final map of Conquest you know what it is.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Good lord the Robin stats.

40 ATK Neutral, AND a Superboon in ATK, which would put him at 44... for a full 60 with his weapon, which distant counters, and attacks Res for melee, and lower of Def/Res for ranged. That is absolutely insane.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Well, I went 70 orbs in and got bupkis:

did another 14, got a -spd/+res hardin. Too bad bold fighter is so great, otherwise I would be able to stick a wary fighter on there

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2018
    I whaled hard but finally got everyone. Stupid Hardin was the one that took forever. I actually got Robin and Celica within maybe 40 orbs or something.

Not sure if I want to pull for more Robins or not (with him being one of my favorites). I got a couple but no +ATK ones. But I did get a +DEF/-SPD one which seems like a really good IV, maybe his second best after +ATK/-SPD. I just don't know to be honest. I don't think I want to spend anymore though so maybe I'll just save any more orbs for the next banner, even though I do really like Robin.

The one Hardin I finally pulled (after spending too much money) was also +DEF/-SPD which seems really good for him (honestly at that point I would have taken any IV though, I was just getting frustrated), and I got a couple Celicas but I think the +ATK/-RES one might be the best IVs I pulled (I'm honestly not sure what bane is best for her given her stat spread is pretty even but I mean, she's melee so how much magic damage is she gonna be taking?)

Edit: Honestly looking at Celica's stat spread I think almost any boon would work really well for her too. Her super boon in res even means she gets a very respectable 30 res, though of course, infantry vs mages is not ideal (but you can definitely build around that, especially with distant counter). HP might be the only middling one, but 43 is pretty ok for her unit type (granted you get no weapon refine to boost that so she gets really outclassed by some like the dragons). I'll be curious to see if speed or attack are considered the best boon. Her speed is REALLY high with a boon. (Edit 2: Oh yeah, and with her B skill actually Speed might be her best boon. 38 unbuffed speed plus knocking 7 speed off the fastest enemy unit? She's gonna double everyone)

Warlock82 on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Wanted Hardin and Robin, first pull was five red orbs and nothing.

Next one was 2x Red, Blue and Green.

Started with blue and green, got nothing. Then the red orbs had Ayra and evil Celica.

I have V!Lyn but would like to have a blue non-Effie unit.

Edit: -Attack/+Def Ayra and -Attack/-HP Celica.

Kelor on
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    120 orbs: Grima (+Atk/-Spd), Peri, Grima, Sonya

Superboon Grima is nice, -Res is optimal though I think. Peri is much better fodder since weapon forging, good to have a Slaying Lance around. Vengeful Fighter is neat but like, kinda bad on slow heroes. Sonya is +Spd so that's nice.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Free summon was Sophia. Went after VLyn again and was pity broken by Reinhardt, no +atk. Done chasing!

I got a +spd - atk celica on my first real pull. Now I'm hunting Robin's

camo_sig.png
    4 blues and a grey orb, Effie was my free summon. Oh well

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    edited February 2018
    yea i have had maybe 2 greens in like 3-4 sets. i think i am done for now

after looking at chill speeds wording, it can actually affect your own team, though it is unclear how they calculate it, whether its total or team that has person with the highest individual speed

mts on
    camo_sig.png
    スカディ: Skadi

スカディ: Effective against flying foes. Grants Spd+3. At the start of turn 3, foes within 3 columns centered on unit take 10 damage and bonuses on those foes become penalties through their next actions.

Takumi what the fuck

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Q_xAlc-C6Fp6bKwIQyYPYszdtUKA_y2gQKwSVVyIZ2k.jpg?w=802&s=be76d108ffa72fde81185bd11e9ef08a

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Got a Grima without too many orbs. Of COURSE he is -Atk +Spd. Fuuuuuuuuuuu

There's just something really irksome about knowing with a slightly different roll he could have SEVEN more attack.

I did get a neutral 4 star Larachel though! Nice.

Acheron on
  • KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    Urg, my usual good luck is deserting me here. I had managed to get the new Hector and the new Lilina from the Valentine's day banner in my first ~20 orbs and Azura on my free summon but I've spent ~150 chasing Grima without success. I've been pity broken by both Raven and Deirdre and while I'm not unhappy with the Deirdre since I didn't have her before, I'm seriously questioning if I want to spend more of my hoarded FTP orbs on Grima.

He looks strong but he's not a dragon girl so I'm not obligated to collect him. On the other hand, he would fit nicely into a dragon team with that ward dragons...

Fake edit: I do one more pull after writing this and I pull him first try. I retract all the things I said about my luck. :)

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Got Grima with my third green orb (second summoning), still hunting Cecilia. But my Grima is +DEF/-SPD which seems pretty good, concerning his special.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I pulled Gunter.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    I pulled Gunter.

2 Ests and a Jagen here.

Dat Barst tho...

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    Lucked out on my third round of pulls:
    s7aajyv9i9fl.png

Grima is neutral
    Cecilia is +Spd/-Atk

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    200 orbs, mix of 80 f2p and the rest bought for two of the three and two randos.

My 80 got me nothing, which was fine(random 5 orb pull got me Amelia on her banner a couple of weekes ago).

Bought orbs got me a +spd/-res Grima and a Perfectly Neutral Celica on the same pull about 10 orbs in, when my pity rate was 5% ish.

Then blew the rest looking for the blue/another Grima, and that's when the two randos showed up(Soren has been stalking me, I think he knows that I have every Ike...) and La something, with a blue nino tome.

Not the best, not the worst I guess. -Res Grima STILL has more res than valentines hector.

And I might just make Celica a stat monster. Probably not worth it though.

edited February 2018
    Oh, I was going through cleaning out my barracks after last night's summoning and somehow I pulled a perfect IV (+ATK/-SPD) Sophia! I am amazed considering I have been looking for one for ages and I check every single Sophia I pull, but I must have missed this one. Too bad I won't have the feathers to properly build her to 5* for awhile :( (not to mention to promote a Henry for Raudrraven+ later too). Lyon kind of killed the immediate desire to build her (as a Brave Lyn Arena Assault counter) but I still do want to.

I'll be glad too when this damn Tempest Trial is done and I actually have stamina to spend again...

Warlock82 on
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Got me a -spd +res Grima.

Trying to decide build, but I’m leaning towards close defense A and distant defense seal.

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Got a -HP/+Def Hardin to make up for the unfortunate boons yesterday.

Of the three he was the one I wanted most, so I'm super happy about that.