As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[phalla] Fortune of Fools - The Priests of Zalbanadur and Alluring Merchant Victory!

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    30 Minutes left to send in votes and orders.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    let my soul light the righteous fire that may cleanse the unholy scourge which has infested this once fair land

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I mean if you're gonna keep giving great death speeches I'm not sure we have any incentive not to vote you out.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    mrpaku wrote: »
    let my soul light the righteous fire that may cleanse the unholy scourge which has infested this once fair land

Burn baby burn
    Disco Inferno!
    Burn baby burn
    Burn baby burn

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Who hasn't voted yet?

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    9 Minutes.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Vote closed in fact.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Like, I'm pretty sure I can hold back the cultists on my own, but some help wouldn't be amiss?

I'm sure it'll be fine

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Ahhh!
    Oh I just had the most terrible nightmare where MrPaku's body was horribly desecrated!

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Ahhh!
    Oh I just had the most terrible nightmare where MrPaku's body was horribly desecrated!

Time traveler?!

Day One: In Which An Elected Office Unexpectedly Becomes Available

The town had never really liked mrpaku. Always looking down on them just because he ran the guild. Whenever elections came up, he received all the votes yet no surveyed afterwards recalled voting for him. The Arrogant Guild Leader won a different sort of election this day. They chopped off his head and dragged his body out into the woods instead of burying him. Which seemed excessive honestly.

In the morning the town was shocked to find a body desecrated in the town square. It appeared that some dark ritual had taken place, candles were placed in his empty eye sockets, flesh had been scraped away to form arcane sigils, and his organs were neatly impaled on wooden spikes surrounded by torches. Although he had an unusual amount of hearts… The townsfolk realized suddenly that they weren’t looking at one corpse, but that of chamberlain the Unpopular Bard and Green the Petulant Soothsayer! Yes there was chamberlain’s battered harp, and Green’s runes. The dark priests were still about.

In the library a Lewd Librarian thought fondly of the corpses outside as he went about his duties. In his peripheral vision, he caught sight of a gleam of metal. He turned to see a bright scythe coming at his face. Discrider’s body dropped to the floor, but the slicing and screaming didn’t stop. Was that agony or pleasure? When the townsfolk found him he was somehow still alive despite his injuries. They were forced to put him out of his misery. Agony then.

The Dead:
    mrpaku - Arrogant Guild Leader
    discrider - Lewd Librarian
    chamberlain - Unpopular Bard
    Green - Petulant Soothsayer

PMs are going out. @premium @Arasaki on warning for skipping the vote.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited February 2018
    discrider wrote: »
    Ahhh!

I was probably covered in the viscera of my enemies!

oOooOOooooO wait...no...no this is... definitely mine...oooOOooooOoooOoo

*falls over, very very incredibly dead*

mrpaku on
    That is...a lot of green corpses.

ALL PMS ARE OUT, YOU MAY BEGIN

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Oh whoops, forgot when this closes. Sorry, won't happen again

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    That is...a lot of green corpses.

Happens sometimes on Day One

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I blame Kime.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    I blame Kime.

I dunno, there's a priest right there. This is clearly priesty stuff

Yeah, but I hate punishing people for role playing. Unless that's what we're role playing.

Or if it's @Virgil_Leads_You

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    It's my pretend to be a special while vanillager tell,
    or my pretend to be a carefree villager while mafia tell.

I'm stinky? this game, haven't figured that one out.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    I blame Kime.

I assure you, I bear no ill will to any of the residents of this town. I only seek to spread the love of the creator and bring freedom of the soul. Everything I do is done with consent on both sides!

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    I blame Kime.

I assure you, I bear no ill will to any of the residents of this town. I only seek to spread the love of the creator and bring freedom of the soul. Everything I do is done with consent on both sides!

He's bringing love! Don't let him get away. Break his legs!

Bluecyan wrote: »
    I blame Kime.

Vote Bluecyan for being blind as a bat and needing put out of their misery :P

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    I blame Kime.

Vote Bluecyan for being blind as a bat and needing put out of their misery :P

I'll have you know I am quite happy in my misery thank you very much!

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Gizzy! You sent us missives before we came to this town, and now you shun me! I am hurt by your apparent distaste for me, a simple woman of the cloth.

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Missives?

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Missives?

We used to speak, back before I went to the monastery. Now, now that I am here again, you choose to not associate with me!

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    So I’ll go ahead and point out the obvious just so it’s said and people can dissect.

Paku was vote obviously.

Green and chamberlain look to be mafia kills.

That leaves Disc for the “other” kill. Not sure if that would be big or not given the scythe as well as the fact that it wasn’t called. Neutral/SK?

Mr.Paku did swear revenge and Green did start the vote chain for MrPaku.

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    The first day votes and nonmafia kills are always hard to figure out. Without much to go off of it's difficult to think strategically.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular

Actually looking back I believe that Green voted after there were at least 4 votes already on Mrpaku.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Not so much trying to think strategy as much as identify what kills look to be out there.

Looks like we expect 3 more to go (vote+mafia) but I’m curious if the other kill is a daily or something else.

MamaWolf wrote: »

Actually looking back I believe that Green voted after there were at least 4 votes already on Mrpaku.

Green was also taken out by the double kill. discrider voted for...TRV. Hmm.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

I think I was the first MrPaku vote.

Also I’m kinda sad the Lewd Librarian died. Such a cool character name...

Curious about Discrider using the word “desecrated” and alluding to a dream/vision and then it appearing in the narration. It wasn’t used in any previous narrations or the OP that I saw, and it’s an odd phrase to use just out of the blue so it sticks out. Then again they used it referring to MrPaku, but the narration implies it was Green/Chamberlain.

Definitely overthinking that, but it’s day one and there isn’t really anything else to analyze.

And then they immediately died. I *presume* that wasn't part of the kill, but it still weird.

Possible host error? Maybe disc was assuming that was who it was, or was betting on that being the vote description?

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Not so much trying to think strategy as much as identify what kills look to be out there.

Looks like we expect 3 more to go (vote+mafia) but I’m curious if the other kill is a daily or something else.

vote, mafia, mafia, vig or vote, mafia, vig, SK would be fairly normal for daily kills

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Are there conversions/thralls/millers?

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine