As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Attempting to comprehend Norse linguistics since 2017...

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    A Hero Rises and his name is Ike. That's fine, I guess. Tharja would have been better.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Got me a -spd +res Grima.

Trying to decide build, but I’m leaning towards close defense A and distant defense seal.

I went with Fury/Armored Boots, as I've put him on my dragon team (though I gave him Ward Armor as well, naturally). Distant Def protects against unrefined Julia but Deirdre cuts through his buffs. Close Def does nothing for his b/g/c matchups, and I don't see a reason to have him duel red units when I could just use Nowi.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    A Hero Rises and his name is Ike. That's fine, I guess. Tharja would have been better.

I'm glad Ike won, but it was a lot closer than I expected.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited February 2018

Axezura would have been better. :(
    Not bitter at all I haven't pulled one yet.
    I'm totally bitter.

Also, I feel like I could use another dancer than Ike, too.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Do I want any of them evil heroes? Lance Guy seems good but I don't like armored units

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Do I want any of them evil heroes? Lance Guy seems good but I don't like armored units

Well, if you don't like armored units, then I'd think the only unit you'd possibly want is Evil Celica (Evilica?) since she's not armored. Her B skill looks pretty cool, but probably depends on what sword units you have, and her stats are decent(I think?) all around, but not amazing.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    i don't get Celica's weapon skill thing

I think if you attack and one shot you don't get the hp loss, but if you get attacked at all even for 0 damage you lose HP

also speed drain only seems to affect the person on the other team with the highest speed not everyone (at least in lower tiers of the skill)

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »

I think if you attack and one shot you don't get the hp loss, but if you get attacked at all even for 0 damage you lose HP

also speed drain only seems to affect the person on the other team with the highest speed not everyone (at least in lower tiers of the skill)

Her weapon is the same as Summer Robin. It's Fury if at full health. If you do any attack, you take damage that combat.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    mts wrote: »

Her weapon is the same as Summer Robin. It's Fury if at full health. If you do any attack, you take damage that combat.

Yeah this. She basically only gets the buff on the first attack, unless you heal her up to full or she's damaged before being able to attack (in which case she never gets it :P). The tricky thing is that she should probably want to run Renewal in that case, but then that means she gives up her special B slot -7 speed skill :(

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Random thought popped into my head. Assuming they do another Bride banner this year, I feel we deserve Bride Ninian so that poor Valentine's Eliwood isn't all alone :3

Also, note to self. Yes, Grima Robin has a lot of res. That doesn't mean I should just be careless and pick training tower maps with green tomes. Amazing to find both Julia and Deirdre almost back to back, but luckily low enough level to not have their Naga tomes yet... Phew...

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I'm working toward Aether on Grima, and um... He solos the whole Workout map with just Daylight. It's even more gross at Sol. I flung him in there totally alone. No healer, no dancers. Just one fel dragon against the world.

Edit: Also I pulled another one, this time +ATK/-HP. Now wat do?!

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    akjak wrote: »
    I'm working toward Aether on Grima, and um... He solos the whole Workout map with just Daylight. It's even more gross at Sol. I flung him in there totally alone. No healer, no dancers. Just one fel dragon against the world.

+ATK is a super boon (and -HP is not too bad of a bane). Use that sucker :D Probably merge your first one into him after you've spent all his SP and then re-level.

Also thanks for the tip. I may have to try that tonight. My Grima needs a bunch of SP thanks to IS not giving us a Dragon Valor skill :P

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

+ATK is a super boon (and -HP is not too bad of a bane). Use that sucker :D Probably merge your first one into him after you've spent all his SP and then re-level.

Also thanks for the tip. I may have to try that tonight. My Grima needs a bunch of SP thanks to IS not giving us a Dragon Valor skill :P

I've never merged a fully-built guy before. What happens? Do all his learned and inherited skills go on to the other one? The built one is +DEF/-SPD, and that seemed like his second best IV spread (assuming no shitty bane with your +ATK).

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Yeah, all the skills transfer over with their learned/unlearned state. The only thing lost is any unspent SP on the disappearing character.

Though I would consider not merging, because he's the only source of ward dragons and getting a dragon team with that going will be disgusting.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    IllieasIllieas Registered User regular
    yeah knew it was gonna be ike. wanted axezura, the one i don't have. Been pulling very well for green orbs got me a Vector and GROBIN. decent iv +def - spd and -def +res repectively.
    Been a failure at every other color. now I am thinking of fodder off L!ike to give warding breath to my new Grobin

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Yeah, all the skills transfer over with their learned/unlearned state. The only thing lost is any unspent SP on the disappearing character.

Though I would consider not merging, because he's the only source of ward dragons and getting a dragon team with that going will be disgusting.

Yes, this. Just make sure to spend any SP before the merge (even if it's on skills you won't use) since you'll lose it. If I'm ever going to merge someone who has a lot of SP, I'll usually inherit a bunch of random utility skills onto them like Wings of Mercy, Escape Route, Hone/Fortify skills, healing specials like Sol, different movement assist skills (Swap/Draw Back), etc just to use up as much of the SP as I can (usually give up when they're under 75 SP). Then I have those there if I ever want to do something fancy with that hero in the future for a GHB or something. This is of course assuming you have a bunch of fodder cluttering up your barracks :P

And I mean, it depends I guess. If you've already highly invested into the other Robin, it sucks to lose that investment (especially if you've already inherited expensive skills like Aether). Ward Dragons is great and all, but you already get an absurd amount of defense from the weapon refine and Steady Breath :P

Warlock82 on
  • Options

Why wouldn't I just put him on my dragon team then?

I wish there was a feature where you could throw two of your own teams into an arena and let 'em auto-battle it out. Costs no stam, no rewards/xp/sp. Just sparring. That's the training tower I really want.

• Options

I wish there was a feature where you could throw two of your own teams into an arena and let 'em auto-battle it out. Costs no stam, no rewards/xp/sp. Just sparring. That's the training tower I really want.

That would be amazing. I'd love to see how my Arena Defense team performs against different scenarios.

• Options
    So let's say I wanted to feed Ward Dragons... Adult Tiki or Nowi?

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited February 2018

IMO, tiki, since her def is already good enough-ish. Unless you want to try to get her to somehow survive deidre or something

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

IMO, tiki, since her def is already good enough-ish. Unless you want to try to get her to somehow survive deidre or something

?

Tiki not only survives Deidre/Julia, but she kills them both in return.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options

?

Ah, I thought she only had like 25 res. (I don't actually use A tiki)

steam_sig.png
  • Options

?

So Tiki then?

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited February 2018

?

Ah, I thought she only had like 25 res. (I don't actually use A tiki)

24 Res neutral. The budget fury build boosts it up to 27 and allows Tiki to win. Refined lightning breath boosts her HP up enough to survive the hit, opens up the possibility to upgrade a stat of your choice, and the real kicker is the ability to target Deidre/Julia's nonexistent DEF stats.

Both will rip an absolutely huge chunk out of Tiki, but she's just a bit too bulky to go down from one hit from 100%, and then neither of the mages can withstand a strong attack to their DEF stat when at a color disadvantage.

edit:
    Looking at it closer now, in a vacuum, it's a bit of a tossup considering what boons and banes are in play and what team buffs are setup. I'd give the advantage to Tiki by a hair most of the time.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Well presumably you would put him on your dragon team, and with another unit with ward dragons, the other two would have +8 defense/res, and GRobin and the inherited unit would each have +4.
    And I mean, it depends I guess. If you've already highly invested into the other Robin, it sucks to lose that investment (especially if you've already inherited expensive skills like Aether). Ward Dragons is great and all, but you already get an absurd amount of defense from the weapon refine and Steady Breath :P

Yeah, you definitely have to weigh the lost costs. I'm sitting on a bunch of feathers and some 4* Chroms, so aether doesn't seem like that big of a loss to me vs. the scarcity of orbs, but if you're not that enthusiastic about going hard on dragon emblem or have Steady Breath fodder (unlike me :( ) or expect to pull more on green or are willing to wait to get another GRobin off-banner/legendary banner or wait for another unit to come out with ward dragons etc. you may prefer to just merge, which afterall is always a nice little bonus.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options

Well presumably you would put him on your dragon team, and with another unit with ward dragons, the other two would have +8 defense/res, and GRobin and the inherited unit would each have +4.

Yeah, you definitely have to weigh the lost costs. I'm sitting on a bunch of feathers and some 4* Chroms, so aether doesn't seem like that big of a loss to me vs. the scarcity of orbs, but if you're not that enthusiastic about going hard on dragon emblem or don't have Steady Breath fodder ( me :( ) or expect to pull more on green or are willing to wait to get another GRobin off-banner/legendary banner or wait for another unit to come out with ward dragons etc. you may prefer to just merge, which afterall is always a nice little bonus.

I have no Steady Breath either.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    I have no Steady Breath either.

Yeah, I mixed up my phrasing there, not having Steady Breath makes inheriting Ward Dragons more appealing, just as Warlock mentions refined breaths + Steady Breath make ward less necessary.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    If anyone is struggling with SP farming, now's a good time to hand out those blessings. Blessing quests coming soon, and that new mode next month. Pull the trigger!!

• Options
    Acheron wrote: »
    If anyone is struggling with SP farming, now's a good time to hand out those blessings. Blessing quests coming soon, and that new mode next month. Pull the trigger!!

The new mode is the reason why you should wait and see!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IllieasIllieas Registered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »

But who do i give it to? so many options also should all one blessing go to one premade group? or should you have 1 of each for them? should you give blessing such that they work with the corresponding legendary hero? my choice paralysis is in over drive on this one.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Whoops I fell on my wallet and out popped 3 more Grima's and a Hardin.

None of them the beloved Attack Superboon, but I did get a -HP/+Res one that's an upgrade from my +SPD one so good enough.

Hardin rolled -HP/+Defense and he is a monster.

Turtle emblem is COMPLETE. Just waiting for my boy Roy to feed Warding Breath to one of them.

(And yes Turtle Emblem is so good oh jeez, only Valentines Hector has less than 30 Res and I could swap him out with Normal Hector for counter damage, OR, Sheena since she is a wall, OR, Santa Elise who is also a BST monster and also has over 30 Res. Had a Miciah, who has a boost against armor units, attack my Grima for a WHOPPING 15 damage and he killed her to death next turn.)

• Options
    Whoops I fell on my wallet and out popped 3 more Grima's and a Hardin.

None of them the beloved Attack Superboon, but I did get a -HP/+Res one that's an upgrade from my +SPD one so good enough.

Hardin rolled -HP/+Defense and he is a monster.

Turtle emblem is COMPLETE. Just waiting for my boy Roy to feed Warding Breath to one of them.

(And yes Turtle Emblem is so good oh jeez, only Valentines Hector has less than 30 Res and I could swap him out with Normal Hector for counter damage, OR, Sheena since she is a wall, OR, Santa Elise who is also a BST monster and also has over 30 Res. Had a Miciah, who has a boost against armor units, attack my Grima for a WHOPPING 15 damage and he killed her to death next turn.)

Yeah... My turtle emblem is pretty great too. First time I've gotten more than one defense win (and I usually get none). Right now it's V!Hector, W!THarja, V!Lyn (until I can scare up a Distant Counter for Effie), and Grima. Ooof. Nothing gets through and everything dies.

• Options
    Oh goddam it. I wasted 20k feathers (and some random crystals) intending to get aether of a spare chrom. But I did it to marth instead, who has no actually useful SI skills :|

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I got new lance man. Seems like he might be good to put brave lance on? I do have this 5* Cordelia hanging around I could use.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    hes got distant counter on his lance. i would leave that personally.

• Options
    And his B skill means that he doubles on initiation anyway. Just give him the QR seal and he'll double both ways

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Ooh Yea +res/-hp hardin

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    This Takumi GHB is a pain train.

It's basically built to require Wrys emblem.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Ahahaha the Takumi battle is hilarious. I managed to get Flier Emblem through the first two difficulties, but something tells me I'll need a different strategy for Infernal.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Durinia wrote: »
    This Takumi GHB is a pain train.

It's basically built to require Wrys emblem.

And of course cancel affinity is in play.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy