As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I don't really wanna do the work today [Job Thread]

1939495969799»

• HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Which instruments are wmds...weapons of musical destruction

Accordions.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ8qIslr8W4

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Is cannon an instrument?

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYLBjScgb7o

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I've only managed to finish 1/5 of this lit review so far since today is busy. It was the hardest part though so it should be easier.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    CEO doesn't want to pay out vacation when he shuts this place down

How goddamn miserly do you have to be

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »

how dare you ask him to pay workers their accrued benefits

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular
    128676622262915263.jpg

bowen wrote: »

He'd have to sacrifice approximately 0.00000055% of his accumulated wealth!

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

Well when you put it THAT way...

• Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    Have we touched on eating the rich?

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Given how conversation's gone here today, I'm going to suggest that we just sabotage their office chairs.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Is cannon an instrument?

According to Tchaikovsky, yes.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    godmode wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    Add more instruments, I see, I see...

What you do is bring an instrument of your own, something as incompatible with a guitar as you can manage, and insist that you two jam together. Just wail away on whatever noisemaker you’ve brought and maybe it’ll make him realize that playing unwanted music is a bad idea.

There's a guy in the Davis T station who bangs about on a two octave electric glockenspiel every weekend. He doesn't know any actual music, it's basically a random, loud, piercing, incessant jangle.

I can't remember where I was going with this because even thinking about it makes me homicidal.

OTOH Park Street has a girl who plays violin covers of 90's pop hits in her jammies, so that's cool.

Just so you know I did actually calculate this based on the financial knowledge I have, so it's somewhat accurate, and not a random percentage pulled from my ass

• RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular

That would send my cholesterol through the roof. Can't we just take their stuff instead?

Just so you know I did actually calculate this based on the financial knowledge I have, so it's somewhat accurate, and not a random percentage pulled from my ass

I can't even imagine having that much wealth.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Is cannon an instrument?

According to Tchaikovsky, yes.

The 1812 Overture is amazing. I liked how it jived especially well with the finale of V For Vendetta.

• ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Is cannon an instrument?

I believe Pachelbel was known to tootle on one

You'd accumulate so much interest you'd actually struggle to spend it all!

How do these people sleep at night?

Also I'm not sure what's worse; that society allows people to accumulate so much, or that I also regularly see poor people - people on self-declared minimum-wage salaries, or perhaps unemployed - defending the billionaires, saying they've worked hard for it and deserve it

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I feel like once you pass a certain point of wealth the rest of your income should go automatically to the people or at least not to you

what is the point of having so much goddamn money
    I know the point is "to have it so others can't" but y'know

You'd accumulate so much interest you'd actually struggle to spend it all!

How do these people sleep at night?

Also I'm not sure what's worse; that society allows people to accumulate so much, or that I also regularly see poor people - people on self-declared minimum-wage salaries, or perhaps unemployed - defending the billionaires, saying they've worked hard for it and deserve it

I assume if I did have that much money I'm a business owner at that point.

I'd have a hard time not taking people out to lunch and dinner like fucking constantly. I'd be motherfucking santa and drop off ass tons of toys and school supplies for poor kids.

What the fuck else am I going to do with billions of dollars?

• a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Reginald wrote: »
    I recently moved to Des Moines and got a job at one of the best places to work here. The team I work on is really fun to work with, pay is great, there is just one problem: I get really bored at work. They overestimate how much time it will take to do something (they say days when it is hours), so I get work done really early and have nothing to do for days. Is it bad work etiquette to start pulling in work from the backlog, if everyone else is sandbagging? Maybe I should just work on my own projects.

Do enough to not be bored, or get a set of headphones and start watching strategy game LPs.

Or you can blow them all out of the water and get promoted out of there.

a5ehren on
  • SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    My phone rings, so I swallow my bite of lunch and then pick it up.

My coworker proceeds to greet me and starts talking with a mouthful of food. Her mouth is full for the entirety of our thirty second call

You called me. Whyyyyyyyyyy would you do that. It wasn't about the building being on fire or anything remotely urgent either!

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
    Donations to the maximum legal cap to organizations with worthy missions (things like medical studies or other science that isn't deemed "profitable", QUILTBAG groups, most anything to do with the poor or homeless)

Donations to politicians willing to campaign on societal issues like gun control, universal healthcare, codifying "agreements" into actual law, etc

Be a venture capitalist for start-ups focusing on renewable energy and other environmental causes

Start calling up the Department of Education and paying off random people's student loans in full, not sure how much of a dent I could make in the total but this is assuming ungodly amounts of money I possess

Donations to places of education with the stipulation it be used for academic purposes, not sports. Libraries, better classrooms, more afterschool clubs, etc.

It'd start to become a game to find out new ways to spend that money via methods that would help to improve the world as a whole.

Donations to the maximum legal cap to organizations with worthy missions (things like medical studies or other science that isn't deemed "profitable", QUILTBAG groups, most anything to do with the poor or homeless)

Donations to politicians willing to campaign on societal issues like gun control, universal healthcare, codifying "agreements" into actual law, etc

Be a venture capitalist for start-ups focusing on renewable energy and other environmental causes

Start calling up the Department of Education and paying off random people's student loans in full, not sure how much of a dent I could make in the total but this is assuming ungodly amounts of money I possess

Donations to places of education with the stipulation it be used for academic purposes, not sports. Libraries, better classrooms, more afterschool clubs, etc.

It'd start to become a game to find out new ways to spend that money via methods that would help to improve the world as a whole.

Yeah but why do that when you can hoard it

• KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Hah.

Asshole client tries to call up and say we had a meeting for 7am this morning.

Of course he sent the meeting request at 9:30 pm last night.

Our support manager told him to go piss up a rope.

• L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Oh look! It's Friday! And we have a meeting scheduled for 3-4! Sigh. At least the meeting will probably not go over.

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Oh look! It's Friday! And we have a meeting scheduled for 3-4! Sigh. At least the meeting will probably not go over.

Have beans for lunch and guarantee it's a quick one.

steam_sig.png
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Missed 2 sites, picked up 3, passed 1. So net profit for company, 12 hour day for me.

Please let no one puke and send me 20 miles north to cover their site.

• L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »

Have beans for lunch and guarantee it's a quick one.

It's all online. I'll only stink myself out.

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Is there a way to merge PDFs natively in Windows 10?

I'm looking online for the answer but can't tell if it doesn't exist or it's buried because there are a bunch of apps buying the top search engine spots.

This discussion has been closed.