As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[phalla] Fortune of Fools - The Priests of Zalbanadur and Alluring Merchant Victory!

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I have yet to notice a TRV shtick and this makes me sad.

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    TRV is def shticking - you must not be reading!

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    All three of the non-vote kills last night were on people who voted for mrpaku. Not sure if that means anything right now, but maybe good to keep in mind depending on what happens tonight.

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I don't think that word was ever meant to be a verb - on re-read it looks like a cards against humanity situation.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Locus wrote: »
    All three of the non-vote kills last night were on people who voted for mrpaku. Not sure if that means anything right now, but maybe good to keep in mind depending on what happens tonight.

One looked very much like an SK kill flavor-wise, but yeah.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Are we suggesting Mrpaku's death thrash was actually a real thing or what? Seems weird

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    If it's an sk then we have no vig. I really thought discrider was trying to call something there at the end but probably just being weird

PSN SeGaTai
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Yeah, the use of a scythe would indicate a vigilante or serial killer. We can't rule one or the other out at this point.

Locus on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I said last time I wasn't going to do it this game, but then I came into work on a Friday and everyone else is working from home due to a couple inches of snow so....

Day 1 Results

mrpaku [6] - LostNinja (21), Preda (25), Jpants (28), chamberlain (29), mrpaku (30), Green (38), Kime (39), discrider (42)
    Auralynx [4] - Gizzy (7), SeGaTai (11), AustinP0027 (20), Jpants (37)
    Kime [3] - Brody (6), MamaWolf (33), discrider (34), Auralynx (36)
    Bluecyan [2] - Preda (19), MagicPrime (26)
    discrider [2] - SLyM (9), Brody (41)
    Arasaki [1] - Locus (22)
    AustinP0027 [1] - Zombie Hero (10)
    Brody [1] - Bluecyan (16)
    enlightenedbum [1] - JaysonFour (35)
    Gizzy [1] - Grunt’s Ghosts (15)
    Green [1] - TheRoadVirus (13)
    JaysonFour [1] - enlightenedbum (2)
    Jdarksun [1] - MrTLicious (8)
    JusticeforPluto [1] - JusticeforPluto (23)
    MagicPrime [1] - Virgil_Leads_You (27)
    Moridin889 [1] - Retaba (18)
    MrTLicious [1] - jdarksun (44)
    SeGaTai [1] - Auralynx (1), Phoenix-D (12), discrider (32)
    SLyM [1] - discrider (40), Phyphor (43)
    TheRoadVirus [1] - Virgil_Leads_You (3), discrider (14), Moridin889 (17)
    Virgil_Leads_You [1] - mrpaku (31)
    Phyphor [0] - discrider (4)
    Zombie Hero [0] - Locus (5)

Did Note Vote: Arasaki, premium

Vote Not Counted: mrpaku voted for SeGaTai at (24) but edited his vote post

Order
    Order -> Voter -> Vote
    1. Auralynx - SeGaTai
    2. enlightenedbum - JaysonFour
    3. Virgil_Leads_You - TheRoadVirus
    4. discrider - Phyphor
    5. Locus - Zombie Hero
    6. Brody - Kime
    7. Gizzy - Auralynx
    8. MrTLicious - Jdarksun
    9. SLyM - discrider
    10. Zombie Hero - AustinP0027
    11. SeGaTai - Auralynx
    12. Phoenix-D - SeGaTai
    13. TheRoadVirus - Green
    14. discrider - TheRoadVirus
    15. Grunt's Ghosts - Gizzy
    16. Bluecyan - Brody
    17. Moridin889 - TheRoadVirus
    18. Retaba - Moridin889
    19. Preda - Bluecyan
    20. AustinP0027 - Auralynx
    21. LostNinja - mrpaku
    22. Locus - Arasaki
    23. JusticeforPluto - JusticeforPluto
    24. mrpaku - SeGaTai (Edited)
    25. Preda - mrpaku
    26. MagicPrime - Bluecyan
    27. VIrgil_Leads_You - MagicPrime
    28. Jpants - mrpaku
    29. chamberlain - mrpaku
    30. mrpaku - mrpaku
    31. mrpaku - Virgil_Leads_You
    32. discrider - SeGaTai
    33. MamaWolf - Kime
    34. discrider - Kime
    35. JaysonFour - enlightenedbum
    36. Auralynx - Kime
    37. Jpants - Auralynx
    38. Green - mrpaku
    39. Kime - mrpaku
    40. discrider - SLyM
    41. Brody - discrider
    42. discrider - mrpaku
    43. Phyphor - SLyM
    44. jdarksun - MrTLicious

AustinP0027 on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    I have yet to notice a TRV shtick and this makes me sad.

It saddens me that you feel this way, fair villager. Please, come speak with me in private. I have much to offer! All I ask is that you hear me out before attempting to have me slain

JusticeforPluto for voting for themselves and not changing it

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Thanks for posting voting results, Austin.

So the entire back half of the wagon dies, and Kime is the one that survives? Incredible.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    It certainly doesn't look like a case of where any mafia tried to save the second place wagon, so we can avoid all that rigmarole. And holy shit the number of solo votes.

Steam
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Seems normal though, lots of people solo vote on d1

Yeah, I'll jump on that JusticeforPluto wagon for his self vote.

Steam
    The one small benefit of disc dying is that we're not going to have to agonize over his D1 vote going forward. He voted for 6 different people. Would have been a mess if we didn't know he's limegreen (and dead obviously)

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »
    Are we suggesting Mrpaku's death thrash was actually a real thing or what? Seems weird

I think a power that activates upon death seems fitting for this game, but the narration doesn’t seem to imply that’s what happened here.

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Are there any case studies where Kime has survived past the first night, and ended up just being a vanillager?

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    Depends on how you read it.

Disc's death was "scythe" related, which sounds like a death type kill. Disc was claiming Paku was going to be desecrated, so if there was something Disc was doing that targeted Paku, Paku may have had a "kill who targeted me" ability of some sort.

I'd honestly like that a little more, even if it's more unpredictable, because it means no SK most likely.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Are there any case studies where Kime has survived past the first night, and ended up just being a vanillager?

Hahaha yes, many many times.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Kime. I wuould have voted jdark for non committing to a wagon yesterday, but his vote for kime today actually make sense, but wuoldn't if he was mafia. I'll keep an eye on Phyphor for the same reason.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »

I think this is, however, the first time in a while when he knows darn well why someone's grudge-voting him and hasn't forgotten it or denied it!

We're cool in general, though.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Auralynx wrote: »

I think this is, however, the first time in a while when he knows darn well why someone's grudge-voting him and hasn't forgotten it or denied it!

I uhhh...

I forgot I'm being grudge voted, let alone the reason. Who is doing that, you? What was your stated reasoning?
    Preda wrote: »
    Kime. I wuould have voted jdark for non committing to a wagon yesterday, but his vote for kime today actually make sense, but wuoldn't if he was mafia. I'll keep an eye on Phyphor for the same reason.

What's the reasoning for me?

Steam profile
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Lets hear from JusticeforPluto for his day one self-vote. We lynched MrPaku for only slightly more.

I uhhh...

I forgot I'm being grudge voted, let alone the reason. Who is doing that, you? What was your stated reasoning?

I remembered a certain incident involving Void Prison being inexpertly applied by you.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

I uhhh...

I remembered a certain incident involving Void Prison being inexpertly applied by you.

For Kime it was a Tuesday.

Steam

I uhhh...

Oh yeah!

Haha I totally deserve that grudge, I botched that like crazy. It was fun, though :D

Steam profile
    edited February 2018

I uhhh...

Oh yeah!

Haha I totally deserve that grudge, I botched that like crazy. It was fun, though :D

Got him to admit it, @38thDoe can confirm I get to exit all Phalla forever with a win now. :biggrin:

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• PredaPreda Registered User regular

I uhhh...

The same jdark made. You're the only one left on the wagon, excluding me and LostNinja. I vouch for myself and Lostninja started the wagon. As mafia, spreading through the main wagons day 1 seems the perfect move (other than one offing) to me.

I uhhh...

The same jdark made. You're the only one left on the wagon, excluding me and LostNinja. I vouch for myself and Lostninja started the wagon. As mafia, spreading through the main wagons day 1 seems the perfect move (other than one offing) to me.

So the idea is.... the mafia voted each on different bandwagons. Then, they killed several people on the winning bandwagon because ???. Then, the mafia wouldn't have been the first to vote for anybody. Then, you are not mafia just because you say so. Therefore, the only other person to vote for the winning bandwagon was me, so I must be evil.

Is that right?

I mean, it sounds ridiculous :P, but I want to doublecheck I understand your logic first.

Steam profile
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular

I uhhh...

So the idea is.... the mafia voted each on different bandwagons. Then, they killed several people on the winning bandwagon because ???. Then, the mafia wouldn't have been the first to vote for anybody. Then, you are not mafia just because you say so. Therefore, the only other person to vote for the winning bandwagon was me, so I must be evil.

Is that right?

I mean, it sounds ridiculous :P, but I want to doublecheck I understand your logic first.
    The more interesting thing to me is that Preda totally meets that criteria too if we wanna test the theory... :mrgreen:

Side note: I have now found and can produce video evidence of why I was voting for kime last night, JPants.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

As mafia, spreading through the main wagons day 1 seems the perfect move (other than one offing) to me.

That basically reads that the best way for Mafia to hide day 1 is to either vote on a wagon, or do a one off vote.

That's literally the only two options (unless you're defining wagon as a certain vote count).

Seems like relatively weak reasoning to pin a vote on Kime.

As mafia, spreading through the main wagons day 1 seems the perfect move (other than one offing) to me.

That basically reads that the best way for Mafia to hide day 1 is to either vote on a wagon, or do a one off vote.

That's literally the only two options (unless you're defining wagon as a certain vote count).

Seems like relatively weak reasoning to pin a vote on Kime.

You should vote for me because I am intrinsically eviiiiiil, not for bad logic reasons :P

Steam profile
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »

I think a power that activates upon death seems fitting for this game, but the narration doesn’t seem to imply that’s what happened here.

Can confirm this is a thing.

Anyway, Phyphor's late, meaningless vote is weird to me.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Auralynx is talking a lot and therefore definitely up to something.

premium wrote: »
    Auralynx is talking a lot and therefore definitely up to something.

Re-litigating an incident from last September in that dark period when there were no Phalla and I had to derive my entertainment elsewhere, mostly. How you doing premium?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Oh, sorry, is that not public yet?

Yes, a bunch of people have post-death abilities.

Steam profile
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular

Let's test this! enlightenedbum

VayBJ4e.png