As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Don't limit break until you are close to the current cap. Limit break increases the gil cost of any further upgrade materials you use, so you want to late as long as possible. I think it's fine to even wait until you've hit your current cap.

In a related vein, upgrade costs go up after every 5 levels. So you want to level your weapon up to like 5.9 using your mats of choice, then dump in ten materials at once rather than using them one at a time. Repeat a similar process at 10.9, 15.9, 20.9, etc.

I am very unhappy about the path-dependence of gil costs for upgrading equipment, I wish there was just an Optimize button to press and be done with it.

I didn't realize this, and it seems like a super silly system.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Just started this, did all five story chapters, have some questions

1) how do I level dudes? Hard missions I can comfortably and quickly complete give crap all experience, and anything else wrecks me. Currently using Cloud, Rem, and Laguna all with their 5* weapons

2) what is a good way to get crystals?

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Levelling characters doesn't actually do that much for you, so don't stress about it. The most important way to get more powerful is to level up your weapons. You can get weapon upgrade materials in the "Orb Spring" dungeons in the World of Illusions, or you can grind various weekly event missions (Setzer and Vanille events, right now), or you can do a very tedious grind in the "Hope dojo" (mission in Chapter 1 with Hope's face on it).

Crystals - do your 10 cycle quests every day, on the hardest difficulty you can clear. If you need more, grind co-op multiplayer: Behemoth for Tier 1 crystals, Dragon of Death for Tier 2/3 crystals. The co-op part is important, the main income is from the co-op bonuses, so soloing is discouraged. You can also spend your "Dissidia Points" to buy "cycle keys" each week, and that's another great way to build up whichever kind of crystals you need, if you have a half hour of play time to devote.

Fry on
  • BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Yeah, if you can comfortably clear the level 50 crystal stage, and can find a half hour here and there, a cycle key plus one of the items that doubles loot goes a long way to maxing out characters.

ffbe ign: Kas
    Cool thanks. I will keep these in mind. Just put in some time and got Rem's weapon to level 20 (and have a second to Limit Break it once I find a decent replacement for Edge), Cloud and Laguna's to 13-15, and all their 4 star armors (Cloud and Laguna's give them boosts...Rem just has a Green Beret) to 15.

camo_sig2.png

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    When you say weekly event missions, do you mean just grinding the highest level you can like the crystal events?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    I've found the second or third difficulty of the event stages drop a moderate amount of upgrade mats, plus a bit of xp and gil, and auto will get through it. It's a bit less tedious than running "Hope dojo" forever, and as a bonus it makes progress on the event missions for a little bit of extra gil.

That's the second time it's mentioned, what is Hope Dojo?

camo_sig2.png

edited February 2018
    Blackjack wrote: »
    "Hope dojo" (mission in Chapter 1 with Hope's face on it)

It's interesting because you tend to get several 2* weapons per run, which you can either use directly for upgrading weapons, or as an intermediate vehicle by upgrading them to make them similar to 4* upgrade orbs in XP value.

Fry on
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »
    "Hope dojo" (mission in Chapter 1 with Hope's face on it)

It's interesting because you tend to get several 2* weapons per run, which you can either use directly for upgrading weapons, or as an intermediate vehicle by upgrading them to make them similar to 4* upgrade orbs in XP value.

It's also a grind worse than anything I've ever experienced outside of maybe Runescape.

Yeah...that sounds incredibly tedious.

camo_sig2.png

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Taking suggestions for puns for the thread title going forward.

• 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Saved up enough to get 1 pull on Setzer's banner, since he's a cool guy and fun to play, but useless without his best weapon. Got 1 5-star weapon for Penelo, who isn't even on the banner. I melted it down out of spite and used it to max Terra's weapon.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    Taking suggestions for puns for the thread title going forward.

Not a pun, but I really love Vivi's line in the Setzer event about what they're all fighting for. Everyone has pretty aspirational dreams, and then Vivi goes: "I wanna go to the theater and watch plays every day."

Could make a decent title?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Feels pretty good!

Last night I finally got my Ifrit to 20 and this morning I wrapped up the EX difficulty. I got the turns mission in one run and the no KOs in another, but my next run would have earned all objectives in one go. Had some pretty good RNG on that one, though.

As far as grind events go, this is just about the time commitment I want to see. I didn't have to micromanage my stamina, I just ran the 6th stage twice every so often. And I still have a few days left to farm orbs. And then at the end of all that farming, a difficult fight that I had plenty of time to prepare for.

Liking this game more and more!

• 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    I agree. I didn't finish EX because that stupid Chimera Thunderstorm kept wrecking me at the wrong time, but I got the 1 million points on Death Dragon with a day to spare and it never felt like a grind, just running it a few times a day. I could stick with this game for a long time if it keeps this level of quality.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I never did the Death Dragon cuz lol MP paralysis. Did get Ifrit to 20 and complete EX though.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    heh.jpg

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Hooooooly damn

IKknkhU.gif
  • GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    I've been playing this a little; just started Chapter 2 and got Zidane. It's pretty solid. I guess I like the fact there's an honest-to-goodness story as opposed to Record Keeper's "greatest hits" setup. Will it be good enough for me to play rather than games I paid for? We'll see.

Well the story is literally

'i sense the light in you, new character, kupo! Will you join us?'

'nah maybe later'

'kupooo....'

*later*

'ok sure I'll join you'

'kupopo!!'

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »

'nah maybe later'

'kupooo....'

*later*

'ok sure I'll join you'

'kupopo!!'

I did like Bartz and Zidane semi-ganging up on Steiner.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter

'nah maybe later'

'kupooo....'

*later*

'ok sure I'll join you'

'kupopo!!'

They certainly hint at more interesting secrets, but yeah, its a bit shallow at the moment. Maybe it'll get better?

Any idea how many chapters Japan has currently?

I’m not entirely sure how it happened, but Yuna has turned into my tank.

She’s also turned into a BP battery with her full party Esuna giving 1200+ to all three characters.

camo_sig2.png

The character recruitment process is mostly formulaic, but the villains have at least been hinting at other goings on. I thought Chapter 5 was interesting.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Title change is in no way a reflection of the game's quality; I just couldn't resist the pun.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Title change is in no way a reflection of the game's quality; I just couldn't resist the pun.

Wait, pun? What pu--

Oh GODAMMIT

IKknkhU.gif
    Anyone have any tips on Trial of Ifrit EX? That dang Chimera just tore me to pieces.

camo_sig2.png

• ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Mainly do whatever you can to knock down its brave when it queues a single target attack. A Vanille is useful to get rid of the self buffs it gets too.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
    Use Bartz Vanille and your best damage dealer

Hmm...probably will have to settle for a clear instead of complete then. My Bartz and Vanille are like level 5.

camo_sig2.png

it's trivial to spend keys/tomes and bang out some cycles to get them levelled to mid 40s

i would advise: doing that

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    it's trivial to spend keys/tomes and bang out some cycles to get them levelled to mid 40s

Which cycle is XP?

i believe golden cactuars gives the most exp but crystal levels are also important

I honestly think it would cost me more than I'd get in return for completing it.

camo_sig2.png

are you serious?

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah I...don't really know what that's supposed to mean

I stand to gain like 400 gems. In exchange I have to buy keys and tomes and grind up two characters that I am not really interested in using outside of this one specific thing, so...yeah. I'm serious.

camo_sig2.png