As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Attempting to comprehend Norse linguistics since 2017...

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Takumi Infernal was fun with a fully built and buffed Nowi; Repositioned and Danced her down to take them both out turn one. The trouble was the rest of the goon squad surviving, trick was to replace Grima with Ike for mobility.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    The fight is a really nice recreation of the actual original map, with the wall breaks, blast down the center, and the constant reinforcements.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Agreed, except when I was playing it on Conquest Hard I just gave up on keeping everyone alive and just sacrificed folks to get him down. Not an option here!

ladi.png
    Dragon emblem takes out the possessed pineapple after a few tries. Shout-out to A. Tiki for killing both pineapples on round one counter attacks and taking 0 damage in the process.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Man, fiiiiinally beat Infernal. Thanks Pheonixmaster1 for actually having some strategies that don't require Brave Bow Lyn:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzJmIgQqyms

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Huh, so I guess "refined" Armads is too good to let us obtain outside of a seasonal unit? Not like plain Hector is that easy to get anyway.

How are we supposed to deploy 20 units? Is it going to be a larger map you scroll through? Do we get to choose which ally units we bring? Taking and holding Keeps sounds interesting but is it just taking and then sitting on defense tiles? The one dancer/singer limit... out of 20 units we can only really use one? Are they worried about players setting up the Pony Express, a coast to coast super dancer Highway delivering Reinhardt and Lyn everywhere they are needed?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    How are we supposed to deploy 20 units? Is it going to be a larger map you scroll through? Do we get to choose which ally units we bring? Taking and holding Keeps sounds interesting but is it just taking and then sitting on defense tiles? The one dancer/singer limit... out of 20 units we can only really use one? Are they worried about players setting up the Pony Express, a coast to coast super dancer Highway delivering Reinhardt and Lyn everywhere they are needed?

Reposition still works.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Huh, so I guess "refined" Armads is too good to let us obtain outside of a seasonal unit? Not like plain Hector is that easy to get anyway.

I still prefer original armads. QR2 is strong!

Excited to see what Soren gets. I have a 40+1.

Polaritie wrote: »
    Talith wrote: »

Reposition still works.

But on the dancer highway Reinhardt kills someone at every stop :V

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I wonder if it's a world map thing where you can can click on 1of 5 smaller battles

Also wonder if eirikas is going to be like her brothers skill upgrade

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I'm more thinking about the blessing garden. I guess we have to put together 4 teams, one of each element? I have a water team already, since I gave blessings to Dorcas and Ike to run with Fjorm. My armor team is already halfway wind, since building Robin and Haldin I used some "spare" wind blessings to boost their SP.

Maybe earth bless the Dragon Emblem with Legendary Ike when we get him?

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    And with a neutral Robin I am done with the banner other than - atk celica I'm happy with the ivs I got

camo_sig.png
  • DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Good thing Bladetome Gunnthra + Earth Blessed Horse Emblem is ready to go today.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
    Durinia wrote: »
    Good thing Bladetome Gunnthra + Earth Blessed Horse Emblem is ready to go today.

Isn't she wind tho?

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    How many fully kitted out 5* healers do you think someone should have available to them? Right now I just have one and I'm wondering 1) how many more I need and 2) who to promote from 4* to 5* to start down that path.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    How many fully kitted out 5* healers do you think someone should have available to them? Right now I just have one and I'm wondering 1) how many more I need and 2) who to promote from 4* to 5* to start down that path.

Only one, really. Maybe a spare horse one

steam_sig.png
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Arvis is my best healer.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Let's see... I have 11 healers 'finished' to varying degrees. I use one of them in my levelling squad, to heal and occasionally tank a hit or soften an enemy. And that's it.

So I'd say you need 0 healers, and your healers don't need to be fully developed. A 4* with a skill or 2 can be handy sometimes, but there's no need for any more than that.

akjak wrote: »

Isn't she wind tho?

Sure? She's green, that's as far as I get. :razz:

--Mark Twain
    Let's see... I have 11 healers 'finished' to varying degrees. I use one of them in my levelling squad, to heal and occasionally tank a hit or soften an enemy. And that's it.

So I'd say you need 0 healers, and your healers don't need to be fully developed. A 4* with a skill or 2 can be handy sometimes, but there's no need for any more than that.

I have 2. One often has her weapon unequipped, to make easier auto-battle leveling.

edited February 2018
    My freebie pull was Seliph? OK. That was unexpected.

+SPD/-DEF, which might be one of his less useful IV spreads. He can get Divine Tyrfling now, but I don't know if I can do anything useful with him.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Pulled +spd Hinoka in my continuing efforts to get Hardin, so that's neat. I wonder if I should take a break to try for Zephiel, hm.

ladi.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Huh, I actually got a 5* SI fodder Klein for my free pull.

I'm not sure what kind of stat spread exists that would make having both Brave bow/Death blow and QR on the same character, but high value fodder either way

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Finally got my Fallen Robin. +DEF -RES, which looks like decent IVs.

Why is Clair a 5*?

And why did she decide to show up at 4.5%?

My hopes for anything off this banner are dwindling.

--Mark Twain
    i have pulled many a clair at 5* still better than a matildha

camo_sig.png
    edited February 2018
    I tried to pull a little for a regular Celica since mine is -ATK, but just got pity broken by Eirika (regular) and Athena :/ Oh well... No 4* Olivias either which is a bummer. I only need to merge one more...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Ugh. I forgot Merrick is still a 5* green.

edited February 2018

Yeah sadly :( Soren too, though at least he's getting some kind of new weapon in the next update. I'll be real curious to see if it makes him less garbage. I mean, it certainly helped for Caeda and Raven (and Felicia's is pretty good too, though she was never total garbage with the right SI)

Warlock82 on

Literally the worst 5*.

Stats are awful. Nothing useful for SI.

--Mark Twain
    edited February 2018

Literally the worst 5*.

Stats are awful. Nothing useful for SI.

I haven't decided if it's him, Jakob, or Seliph. All three are terrible, terrible 5*s. I guess at least Seliph can get a decent weapon now, but it's sooooo expensive (dew is way too rare)...

Edit: Though I guess I will say, in Merric's case, because the 5* green pool is sooooo small, you're much more likely to be pity broken by him than Jakob or Seliph (who are in super bloated Red and Colorless pools). In fact, I've never been pity broken by Seliph, and Jakob was only very recently. Meanwhile I have a +4 Merric -_-

Warlock82 on
    Pulled another Rhajat pity breaker; very preferable over Merric, my sympathies.

In the five weeks I've been back I've accumulated 31 five star heroes, or 27 discreet characters. Full infantry, armour and dragon teams, 3/4 on flying and 3/4 on cavalry. 4,900 arena score, so T18.5 is no problem. I have to say, not really seeing any drawbacks at all over blowing up my old account, save for a couple of seals. Will definitely keep this in mind should I get frustrated with the gacha again!

ladi.png
    I really wish she had become 4*, even if you could only get Distant Defense 2 from her at that rarity. That skill should really not be locked to 5* only heroes...

• AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Dew is annoyingly rare. More refining stones will be the best part of the upcoming voting gauntlet. Other than those rewards I'll just do the bare minimum again.

I upgraded Parthia on Jeorge and have regretted it. Just not as good as the brave bow he already had. Now I need dew for Raven, Soren, Marth, and maybe even Leo and Eiricka!

edited February 2018
    Acheron wrote: »
    Dew is annoyingly rare. More refining stones will be the best part of the upcoming voting gauntlet. Other than those rewards I'll just do the bare minimum again.

I upgraded Parthia on Jeorge and have regretted it. Just not as good as the brave bow he already had. Now I need dew for Raven, Soren, Marth, and maybe even Leo and Eiricka!

Oh I didn't even really think of that, but yeah, voting gauntlet was a pretty good source of stones last time. I can't really decide who I want to upgrade next. I've done Ephiram, Sanaki and Alm so far. Don't really regret any of those (though Sanaki was maybe less useful... but putting her next to a flier in Arena Assault is pretty sweet). I've wanted to do Lyn for awhile now, but I think Eirika is going to win. I use her *all* the time in Arena Assault and I'm assuming her refine will be as sweet as Ephiram's is. Leo is super tempting though too. I guess it'll depend on what his ends up being. Of course, upgrading more Falchions also sounds pretty good given how crazy dragons are getting...

Warlock82 on
    Acheron wrote: »

I am surprised they havent made dew a reward thing yet.

camo_sig.png
    One problem that I've run into is that there are many things that I want to refine that use dew, but barely anything that I want to refine that uses stones. So I've started upgrading random dragon breaths just to create dew.

3DS Friend Code:
    edited February 2018
    One problem that I've run into is that there are many things that I want to refine that use dew, but barely anything that I want to refine that uses stones. So I've started upgrading random dragon breaths just to create dew.

Yeah. My go-to right now is healer staves, since they kind of suck without a refine. But the breaths are also good. I'm sitting on a little over 50 stones right now looking for something to refine next. I need to give Ninian a breath yet, but need to promote an adult tiki first for that. (Unless I go Dark Breath, but I don't think I will.. I want the ranged counter :P). I've also been building a Female Corrin who could use a breath upgrade, but she's still 4* waiting on my feather supply to free up a bit :P I am tempted to go Dark Breath+/Distant Counter on her :D

Warlock82 on
    I really wish that blessings didn't give arena score. I feel like I'm being pigeon holed into using the legendary heroes and I really am not interested in them.

3DS Friend Code: