As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Hard Load

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Hard Load

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I love the horse helmet with the ear holes and how the quotation on the back cover just says "A book.."

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    I wanna see another page for this.

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Oh my this is titillation

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I was not expecting a follow up, but I was not disappointed.

• HaravikkHaravikk Registered User new member
    Dear god, where has this book been all my life, and where can I buy it?

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    /sweat.gif

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I love the horse helmet with the ear holes and how the quotation on the back cover just says "A book.."

Also great is that it's Volume 12 (72?) and the other "endorsement" says "...Read..."
    h6j9drq3ltj3.jpg

• ShaydeShayde Kitchen Staff Supervisor MargaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I now want to know what C.H.I.M.A.E.R.A. stands for.

Shayde

Ex-Agent to the Stars, ex a lot of other things too.
    Pax East 2011, 2012 Veteran. 2014 now loading.
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    So... Wait... The human and the horse drift into a centaur avatar, which then has sex in virtual reality. Either two of these steps are unnecessary or the other one defeats the point of going through the first two.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    So... Wait... The human and the horse drift into a centaur avatar, which then has sex in virtual reality. Either two of these steps are unnecessary or the other one defeats the point of going through the first two.

Hah! It's always so easy to spot the nerds who don't know shit about the Zyorg.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • misterchief81misterchief81 Registered User new member
    So... Avatar meets Pacific Rim meets virtual sex scene in Demolition Man?

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    So... Wait... The human and the horse drift into a centaur avatar, which then has sex in virtual reality. Either two of these steps are unnecessary or the other one defeats enhances the point of going through the first two.

FTFY.

• JermsJerms Registered User regular
    Hah! Reminds me of the Well World series by Jack Chalker. My go to for sci-fi, man-horse love.

• OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    It's like some unholy mashup of an Anita Blake novel with Shadowrun. Dude's gonna end up with some sort of cyber-STD hitherto unknown to humanity.

• DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    It's like some unholy mashup of an Anita Blake novel with Shadowrun. Dude's gonna end up with some sort of cyber-STD hitherto unknown to humanity.

The Pintovirus

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

(psst. you're trying to apply logic to what is, essentially/supposedly, someone's fantasy/kink. that rarely works.)

Jerms wrote: »
    Hah! Reminds me of the Well World series by Jack Chalker. My go to for sci-fi, man-horse love.

You read enough books by Chalker (like, two maybe?) and you start to really wonder about the guy. In almost every book, there was a male-female body swap. Mind control was also a big recurring theme. And finally, yes, humans and anim-- errr... aliens getting friendly.

People make a big deal out of E. L. James (am I the only one who thinks of E. L. Fudge every time I hear that?) making a living selling fan fiction, but Chalker was way ahead of the game on that one.
    OoZH89p.jpg

• Einaudi-EnthusiastEinaudi-Enthusiast Registered User regular
    I can't look away from those nipple rings...
    They really draw the eye.

• l_gl_g Registered User regular
    I'm sure there is great potential for "draft horse" / "drift horse" lore.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    Jerms wrote: »

You read enough books by Chalker (like, two maybe?) and you start to really wonder about the guy. In almost every book, there was a male-female body swap. Mind control was also a big recurring theme. And finally, yes, humans and anim-- errr... aliens getting friendly.

People make a big deal out of E. L. James (am I the only one who thinks of E. L. Fudge every time I hear that?) making a living selling fan fiction, but Chalker was way ahead of the game on that one.
    OoZH89p.jpg

that hair really lifts and separates i tell you whut
    the cheesecake from the centaur is enough for a whole Cheesecake Factory

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    So is fuck the zyorg like hack the gibson?

• ShaydeShayde Kitchen Staff Supervisor MargaritavilleRegistered User regular

The Pintovirus

Oh shit, you win.

Shayde

Ex-Agent to the Stars, ex a lot of other things too.
    Pax East 2011, 2012 Veteran. 2014 now loading.
  • OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    The real question is....does fucking multiple Zyorg at the same time count as participating in a Zyorgy?

Overkillengine on
  • drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    I crave MORE.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
    edited March 2018
    I feel this Nissin commercial is related somehow.
    DXK4KOnUQAAVCsP.jpg
    His name is Pentaurusu-kun (ぺんたうるすくん), and he has fan-art.
    DXQeC8VUQAAA_L2.png

YoungFrey on
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    DXK4KOnUQAAVCsP.jpg
    DXQeC8VUQAAA_L2.png

God DAMMIT, Japan. I keep trying to shrug off the easy "Japan is weird" stereotype and treat you as an equal. But you just keep pulling shit like this.

I mean, I LOVE it. Let's be clear about that. But it doesn't make me think you're not weird. It makes me thing you are anything but "not weird."

edited March 2018
    If it helps, it's a tie-in with the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, and Pentaurusu-kun is a representation, nayniegh avatar of modern pentathlon. Which is: fencing, swimming, show jumping, running, and shooting.

In a survey of Japanese middle-school students, 75% found him creepy too.

YoungFrey on
    edited March 2018
    It didn't help.

At all.

dennis on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    “Don’t tell me,” snarled Bern. “It’s the Zyorg.”

“Yes,” said the senior Horse-Lord.

“Oh, really?”

“Yeah. One-hundred percent.”

“Jesus,” floofed Bern, collapsing into a pile of fresh hay. “I was hoping it wasn’t.”

“It’s definitely the Zyorg.”

“Fuck me, that sucks. I was hoping I was gonna come in here and be like ‘Is it the Zyorg?’ and you or somebody else was gonna say, ‘No way.’”

I would so read an entire book like this.

H9f4bVe.png
  • SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    DXK4KOnUQAAVCsP.jpg
    DXQeC8VUQAAA_L2.png

God DAMMIT, Japan. I keep trying to shrug off the easy "Japan is weird" stereotype and treat you as an equal. But you just keep pulling shit like this.

I mean, I LOVE it. Let's be clear about that. But it doesn't make me think you're not weird. It makes me thing you are anything but "not weird."

Okay, so I've been wondering something. In Japan, do their weirdness actually make sense, or is the weirdness just appealing to the consumer there?

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    DXK4KOnUQAAVCsP.jpg
    DXQeC8VUQAAA_L2.png

Okay, so I've been wondering something. In Japan, do their weirdness actually make sense, or is the weirdness just appealing to the consumer there?

From what I've read/heard/seen, it's a little of both, depending on the product. A lot of stuff that's bizarre to us is some deep-diving cultural reference, but there is, legitimately, a lot of stuff that is bizarre-by-design for entertainment value. Pretty sure Pon Pon Pon is an example of the latter:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzC4hFK5P3g

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited March 2018
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Pretty sure Pon Pon Pon is an example of the latter:
    See, I don't actually find this to be all that weird. I mean, yes, it's weird, but music videos (and performances) are often their own weird subculture. Look at Lady Gaga, for example.

dennis on
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Well, long story short, the answer to @Sadgasm's question is "a little from column A, and a little from column B".

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png