As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bundle up tight and abandon [Fashion] for warmth

19495969798100»

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Easy Vogue are pretty easy! Go for it.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I sometimes think I should change my avatar, as a form of forum fashion

but I really like this one, and I've not found a decent replacement...

I've used this one for so long that it feels too personal to give up.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I would change mine more often but it can be so hard to find good quality photographs of a t-rex.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Einzel wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »
    Einzel wrote: »
    A Taylor works in a pinch, too, Nic.

Hi do I know you?

Can a bear really know a bubble dragon?

Ok you think you're being cute.

First I'll point out that there's a standing gentle administrative request that we not use real names on here habitually, because it promotes cliquishness. The reason for THAT is, much as one would not dare to deviate from the formal 'Sie' when addressing a Bavarian baroness until one was explicitly invited, the casual use of a first name, no matter how obvious it might be from the username structure, implies we have some degree of personal connection. Yes people do it, mostly it's people who I know from outside the forums in some way, mostly they only do it occasionally (ie when it's funnier).

I've noticed you've taken to pretty much exclusively calling me 'nic', and I gotta say, one-sided drops of real names into forum contexts can give off a whiff of the overly familiar. Or to put it another way, that's kind of creepy. Or to put it a third way

Do I fucking know you?

tynic on
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Absolutely not, and I apologize as I didn't actually know that was your real name, but forum shorthand given how often I see it used. I'll edit my posts.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    No problem and thanks! No need to edit.

tynic on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I thought it was a forum nick name too!

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Thought it was a nickname but it was actually just a Nic name

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Discopunk is my favorite punk

Also I had to explain to my dad what steampunk is and now he just says everything is steampunk

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    There’s something so very wrong about the term “disco punk”

Like wasn’t punk originally formed in a reaction against disco?

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Thought it was a nickname but it was actually just a Nic name

Booooooooo

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »

That's why Discopunk is so damn gooooooooooooood...

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    It feels so wrong, but it also feels so RIGHT!

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »

That's just what Malcolm McLaren wants you to think

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    These winter/snow Uggs were on sale and look how cute!
    2018-02-26%2011.14.00.jpg

Edit: His pants are off because he fell in a puddle and soaked them.

It’s 47 degrees Fahrenheit and raining and Niko ran through the rain and jumped in the puddles and wasn’t even fazed when he slipped and fell and landed in water. I think he’ll be fine in Washington!

Janson on
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I should really give sewing another go

My problem is I am both highly critical of my appearance, and highly critical of things I make myself, and the combination tends to work out.....poorly

But maybe if I start with easier patterns rather than shooting for the moon as I usually do, it might turn out okay? Hmm.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Cello wrote: »
    I should really give sewing another go

My problem is I am both highly critical of my appearance, and highly critical of things I make myself, and the combination tends to work out.....poorly

But maybe if I start with easier patterns rather than shooting for the moon as I usually do, it might turn out okay? Hmm.
    Leggings, start with leggings!

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I want to get a sewing machine and stuff too.

I think I would start with a tote bag or something. though I want to make my own messenger bag since the two I have are cheap ones and not super big of durable.

• Options
    Also, I am like you. Critical of both.

The leggings ended up so comfortable, though, that I didn’t mind, then as I wore them it became obvious no one else could see the imperfections.

I have had to fix a few things. Reinforce the crotches, mainly, but a couple of times the leg seams have popped. It’s actually quite good learning to fix clothes, it’s helped me a) realize it’s easier than I thought and b) given me a useful skill... and it’s slowly getting me to be a little less wasteful.

I thought I’d end up throwing out my early, flawed pairs once I’d started to make them with consistent quality, but I actually still wear them. I still receive compliments on them (leggings get compliments even if you’re fat, like me). It really did help me realize that the flaws are only visible to me.

But, I did have some of the fabric sitting in my basket for over a year before I dared touch it. It certainly was daunting!

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I bought a patch for my jacket and am debating the merits of trying to sew vs safety pins, the punk life

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Sew it on.

Like, safety pins are fine for a temporary thing, but it's easier for the patch to get pulled off or caught on things or whatever. And then you have an open safety pin around somewhere, and let me tell you, they're not very safe when they're like that. So if you know where you're gonna want it for sure, sew it down.

Unless we're talking like, full back patches, in which case you do the pins and switch it out depending on which show you're going to.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I bought a patch for my jacket and am debating the merits of trying to sew vs safety pins, the punk life

"safety" pins don't sound very punk to me

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

"safety" pins don't sound very punk to me

You have no idea how upset I am that the internet doesn't have any pictures of that goodies episode where Tim Brooke Taylor has a safety pin through his entire head.

This discussion has been closed.