As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fighting] thread Arcade Edition featuring Cody from the Final Fight series.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Knob wrote: »
    Didn't watch Winter Brawl, went to Winter Showdown instead. Got washed in dbzf and tekken, hung out with the extremely excellent @Transporter, did a grip of commentary. At the end of the night an impromptu 3s and ST tournament popped up, and 25 fucking people entered 3s. It was nuts and I had a ton of fun, and holy shit I might be a 3s player again

I cannot stress how fucking packed it was holy jeezballs it was amazing.

I'm pretty sure Dragonball fighterz pools are still going on.

I went a garbage 2-2. Lost to two people who actually knew how to play, beat one who didn't, and got a free pass in losers because of a no show.

REALLY should have won my first match, I rocked that dudes shit really hard match one and he eeked out 2 and 3, but that was all on me because I don't have nearly enough reps in T7 yet. My two losses were to two characters I was literally playing against for the first time, and I'm not a comfortable Katarina either.

It was still fun though! Knob didn't elaborate but the reason he washed was because his two losses were to fuckin NAMES. Like, people who travel names. One was like, probably a top 3 or 4 Bryan in the states? And the girl I've seen on stream in other places a few times who had a solid Alisa.

I bailed out early like a coward because I knew if I didn't leave when I did(6:50pm ish) it was gonna be one of those 4am nights. Should have stayed tho in hindsight since the crowd probably thinned after Dragonball. Prior to that though it was shoulder to shoulder standing room only. And there was zero room for casuals anywhere.

But the important thing is that I went 3-1 in Tekken Casuals with @Knob so now I am the official Penny Arcade Champion.

Transporter on
    Oh I forgot between my first loss and my next match because of a noshow I had to wait two and a half hours for my next match and hooooboy that was a thing to sit and stew on.

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Oh I forgot between my first loss and my next match because of a noshow I had to wait two and a half hours for my next match and hooooboy that was a thing to sit and stew on.

Was that in the same pool?

Holy crap.

Stories like that make me really appreciate UFGT/Combobreaker.

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    The crowd did not thin after dragonsballs. Aki stayed packed and hype as hell until after midnight

Was that in the same pool?

Holy crap.

Stories like that make me really appreciate UFGT/Combobreaker.

Yeah, it was, but I can't really hold it against them. Dragonball Fighterz pools lapped every other tournament they were having 3 times over.

I got there early and they were already freaking out about how packed it was gonna be, and it WAS.

And the place wasn't like, super small either. It was large for an arcade that's not something like Dave and Busters.

Colorado's FGC scene comin UP.

Its also worth noting he would have had his 3rd match a lot quicker if he hadn't won the 2nd off a DQ. There were a ton of folks and a ton of games being ran, but I don't think it was ran poorly at all.

edited February 2018
    Knob wrote: »
    Its also worth noting he would have had his 3rd match a lot quicker if he hadn't won the 2nd off a DQ. There were a ton of folks and a ton of games being ran, but I don't think it was ran poorly at all.

It was a miracle it ran at all.

It's one of the most impressive things I have ever seen.

My wait was all because of dumb luck and Dragonball massively exceeding estimates. I was also literally at the bottom of the pools. Wasn't no one's fault.

If Dragonball doesn't close out Evo somebody fucked up.

Transporter on
    In ST news, Colorado has several really strong Honda players, and I struggle in that matchup a lot. Looks like I'm gonna take another step on my journey of Being John Choi by picking up a pocket O.Sagat

• Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Im just glad i beat shin blankas blanka in ST with my dee jay.

Because the next time i play him im gonna call him Shin Only Wins with High Tier.

Folken Fanel on
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Oh no, I did Kolin's trials for the mission and she's actually pretty fun, oh noooo

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    oh no

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    kolin is secretly the best playing character in sf5

she is so smooth

parries

excellent v trigger which can otg

tres bon

J3qcnBP.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    kolin is secretly the best playing character in sf5

she is so smooth

parries

excellent v trigger which can otg

tres bon

Te6A00Bl.jpg

if only she were... huge

omiL6xvl.jpg

... huger...

x2pG6OUl.jpg

...hugest.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I should be surprised images like that exist but I'm really not.

• THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    god damn, Sonicfox vs. ChrisG grand final from winterbrawl is one of the most savage sets I've ever seen

AND the callout after

Omae wa mo shindeiru

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I don't know if I've mentioned this before but SonicFox is totally John Cena.

Seems like a super nice dude and is great at what he does but people are so sick of seeing him win everything that whenever he plays nobody is rooting for him.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    I'm way more sick of seeing ChrisG win things than SonicFox

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    If it's between SonicFox or ChrisG, I'm rooting Fox, free.

• DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    It's probably because I've watched so many NRS and Skullgirls tourneys in the past.

I've only seen Chris G win a couple Marvel tourneys here and there.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    templewulf wrote: »
    I considered opening a H/A thread, but I figured this is actually where everybody who cares about this topic will see it anyway.

Can anyone recommend a sound bar that they know will work with latency-intensive genres, like fighting and rhythm games? Bonus points for a bar with built-in sub to reduce living room clutter.

Edit: I would be plugging a HTPC, PS4, and occasionally other consoles into it.

So I'm using the Yamaha YAS-107BL, based on generally high ratings for the cost; couldn't begin to tell you about its latency though. It does have built in subwoofers, but the lag is something you'd have to look into

I finally got around to putting in an order for this. I'll post back with results in Rocksmith and Fightanz when it arrives.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHLMoA6XyiM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDJAyMIpCKU

man the jumps seem a lot less floaty to me which is very exciting since it was really holding back my enjoyment during the test thing

also Jack's punching looks satisfying as heckles. Some real muscle in those swings

4SMZq.jpg
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Man, hearing Blair's theme hit me with a hard wave of nostalgia. I played a ton of EX Plus Alpha.

Edit: Actually the first one is Sakura's theme, and the second one is for both Blair and Jack. Still loved them both.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    there are deffo many teen gohan combo's but this one is MINE

I'm actually only proud because I did it all by my self with no seeing what other nerds where doing!!

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    i was on board with cowboy punching and then ejected from the train by that baseball bat

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    SabreMau wrote: »

I'm gonna get to see this live and I have never been more excited about spectating anything

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    You know seeing the Japanese players openly engage in this little rivalry alongside the US players is pretty fun.

@Folken Fanel ok i know why you always use tengu stone instead of booger

Tengu stone not only has grown ass birdman damage...it also has unblockables, leaving sa2 square in the dust

Yeah but you get unblockables with sa2 with just back throw.

Characters I hate:

You get unblockable with tengu stone off of crossup mk. No setup required.

Check out Thanatos. He almost never does traditional stone combos, 90% of his stone use is unblockables into combos ending in command throw for big stun

https://youtu.be/NGRPv7p9m1U

Interesting that he stops the combo early to have stones left over for oki on the next mixup.

Good shit

Characters I hate:

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

The new Humble Bundle is fighting games.

• KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Outside of Rivals of Aether, I already own all of those. I may be terrible at fighting games, but apparently I'm terrible at a diverse range of them, so that must count for something.

Kreutz wrote: »
    Outside of Rivals of Aether, I already own all of those. I may be terrible at fighting games, but apparently I'm terrible at a diverse range of them, so that must count for something.

I would like to trade these 1567 participation ribbons in for three bronze medals, and then trade those for a gold.

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    If I remember right, Street Fighter X Tekken's PC version doesn't really work anymore because it required Windows For Live and that service got discontinued.

So unless there's a work around, owning that game is only good for getting the extra USF4 costumes.

• templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Kreutz wrote: »

@Perrsun introduced it to me, and I actually enjoyed that quite a bit more than I do Smash. Everything feels smooth and intuitive in a way that Smash doesn't, and it's way more compatible with other controller types.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
This discussion has been closed.