As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OWL returns to The OVERWATCH Thread

19495969798100»

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    His VOD review + Jake's review from yesterday is kind of driving home for me what I think is so cool about Houston

Like there's other teams that can make crazy cool hero plays, and Houston's DPS players are dependable but you rarely see them really like doing insane shit like Pine does

But Houston plays such a smart, ego-free game. Like Jake was talking yesterday about how he was playing into an enemy Tracer, and he described his job as essentially just keeping the Tracer from being able to dive, and occasionally toss some nades into enemy shields. His job wasn't even to get kills really, he was perfectly happy to say that his job was entirely just turning the match into a 5v5, which they knew they could win because they had the edge in shield damage. They're all about tactics over mechanics.

As someone who's been watching pro OW since the beta days, OWL has been super cool to watch the growing sophistication of the game. Teams are getting so good.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I forgot about the time the Arcade boxes reset, so I was one win away from getting one but couldn't because the game couldn't find me a deatchmatch in time :sad:

In better news, Moira is so much fun, I'm getting better at good orb placements. I even got the Simple Trigonometry achievement without knowing it existed.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    at the risk of being a bit catty i have to wonder how those numbers would compare if league gave out in-game things for watching

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    2 of those views were me signed into 2 browsers running the streams at 160p while I was asleep, so that both of my accounts could get tokens.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    what even was the reward for watching having it on in the background while doing something actually useful? Was it like competitive currency or something?

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    what even was the reward for watching having it on in the background while doing something actually useful? Was it like competitive currency or something?

The tokens you use to buy team skins in-game.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

The tokens you use to buy team skins in-game.

Oh I didn't miss anything then, thats fine

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Another Monday, another three hour slog for my first three wins in arcade.

Please for the love of god blizzard make a check algorithm for Mystery Heroes.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I feel like that would defeat the purpose of mystery heroes.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    If your view is that mystery heroes should only be "who rolls the steamroller team" sure. I'd rather it be about playing random characters well.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Please do tell what the steamroller is exactly.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Please do tell what the steamroller is exactly.

I assume it's what it's been since release, whichever team has more tanks.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »

Play DM or something? You only have to top-four DM for box credit.

• Options
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Einzel wrote: »

Play DM or something? You only have to top-four DM for box credit.

I can't aim for beans. CTF was working for me but lately it's not. I like MH because my decent play with most of the cast makes up for my trackball problem.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I really hope we get Brigitte

partly because she seems cool

and party because I'm one of the five people who likes Torbjorn and is really curious about their relationship

like, are they on good terms? did she take over as Reinhardt's squire or whatever because her dad lost his arm? what's their deal?

so far the only familial relationships we've seen have been "faked my death for your safety" and "faked my death because you tried to kill me"

so it'd be an interesting change of pace to have her in the pregame lobby and just say something like "oh, hey dad. what's up?"

• Options
    like, are they on good terms? did she take over as Reinhardt's squire or whatever because her dad lost his arm? what's their deal?

Didn't they say Torb gave Rein naming rights? Then the arm loss came before she was born. And the squirehood probably came as a result of him being her godfather, so they were close because of that.

Also, Genji didn't fake his death, Hanzo left him for dead and that didn't work out :p

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    yeah I think it stops being "faked your death" when someone tries to kill you and has good reason to think they succeeded

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Kana: The fight's over. Die as fast as you can.

Me:

https://youtu.be/qpDlgv6MvJ4

This discussion has been closed.