As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

the only award a [movie] should care about winning is a teen choice award

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Oh man, if Pacific Rim was your only exposure to him you can only go up from there

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Pan's Labyrinth is fantastic.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    @Muddy Water, go watch Pan's Labyrinth.

And be prepared for a terrifying villain.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    @Muddy Water, go watch Pan's Labyrinth.

And be prepared for a terrifying villain.

https://youtu.be/7rwUdL9qXjk?t=27

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Also, both Hellboys are incredibly great movies.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Plus, they have more sexy fish boys

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Pan's Labyrinth, The Devil's Backbone, and Cronos should all be required del Toro viewing.

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Pan's Labyrinth, The Devil's Backbone, and Cronos should all be required del Toro viewing.

I had long been in a del toro slump, having hated pacific rim and then subsequently flip flopped on the hellboy movies (they’re okay, fun stuff, but really miss the parts of the comic that I like most)

I recently watched devil’s backbone and that cleared all that up immediately. That’s an astonishing movie, del toro is amazing (pacific rim still sucks)

Edit: it’s worth noting i guess that like, yeah I had seen Chronos and pan’s labyrinth and a few others, and those are also excellent movies but I had seen them forever ago and in the meantime had found myself not really connecting with del toro’s work.

Vann Diras on
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Also, even more than Andy Serkis, Doug Jones is the greatest actor you've seen in like 50 things but would never recognize in real life.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I recognize Andy Serkis now, thanks to Black Panther

Shorty wrote: »
    I recognize Andy Serkis now, thanks to Black Panther

He's out of the running, then!

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    what's a joke

I had the Webster's definition around here somewhere.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    what's a joke

Webster's dictionary defines it as "the fusing of two metals with a hot torch."

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    what's a joke

Whatchu talkin’ bout, David?

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Shape of Water is the only Del Toro I really like

The fantasy part of Pan’s Labyrinth are great but the “real world” stuff doesn’t really do anything for me

6F32U1X.png
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I'll still go to the mat for Pacific Rim

My understanding is that it's not very much like his other films, however

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I'll still go to the mat for Pacific Rim

My understanding is that it's not very much like his other films, however

It's super not but it's also great and knows exactly what it is.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    The only del Toro film I have seen and disliked is Mimic, but I haven't seen Pacific Rim or Blade II.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Blade II is a lamentable waste of Donnie Yen

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Holy shit, Donnie Yen was in a Blade movie?

This is the most interested I've ever been in a Blade movie

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Blade II is very bad but I kinda love it

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I’d recognise Doug Jones because he worked on something I worked on

We’re basically best friends

• GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    It’s fun to see all the seeds of The Strain in Blade 2

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I hated Pacific Rim and I didn't know what Pan's Labyrinth really was before I went in so I had a strong negative reaction to it. Shape of Water was brilliant though. Never seen the Hellsboy.

Aistan on
    I know that I have sat in front of a television that played Blade 2 in its entirety but I couldn't tell you much about that movie

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Holy shit, Donnie Yen was in a Blade movie?

This is the most interested I've ever been in a Blade movie

i'll spare you the disappointment and tell you the man is allowed like a single kick

i do however give you this information as a huge blade II fan and would rank it in the uppermost echelon of comic book movies

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Blade 2 is good and fun, although it does that frustrating thing Pacific Rim did where it introduces a bunch of cool looking characters and killing them off before they get to do anything

PSN- AHermano
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Blade 2 was, for a time, the best superhero movie ever made.

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    of the del toro's I've seen, i have at least liked all of them

1) pan's labyrinth
    2) shape of water
    3) blade II
    4) pacific rim
    5) hellboy
    6) crimson peak
    7) cronos

i did enjoy cronos but it didn't, for whatever reason, leave much of a lasting impression on me

I've only seen shape of water the once but it really was a lovely and moving movie--same goes for pacific rim on only once, but it was such a great fuckin time at the theater that, for any of the promise and expectation it failed to really capitalize on, i never stopped having a very singularly good time

blade II I've seen like 20-some times and just love with my whole heart

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    give me literally all of the heist movies.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

Every movie gets advertised as a heist movie nowadays

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    thats because heist movies are fuckin' great

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

What if I concoct an elaborate plan to take all of the heist movies instead?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Bagel you give those heist movies back this instant

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group

On the biggest heist movie release weekend of the entire year?!

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular

Sounds like it'd make a great movie.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Bagel you give those heist movies back this instant

Why don't you try and make me Chincy?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular

You'd have to gather a team

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    Turambar wrote: »

You'd have to gather a team

Yeah @OmnipotentBagel, who from SE++ are you bringing into your crew?

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I can join the crew, my skills are I am currently wearing a red shirt and have accepted my fate.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
This discussion has been closed.