As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[phalla] Fortune of Fools - The Priests of Zalbanadur and Alluring Merchant Victory!

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Locus wrote: Β»
    Part of the problem is that only one mafia has been exposed, so the only information we have to go on are unsuccessful votes. There's just not a lot of info to be gained from voting records at this point. Since I don't soft-network this is really the only information I have to go on, so I am unfortunately at a loss.

I also consider votes against BlueCyan and TRV to be suspicious (the later the vote, the more suspicious it is). They were very, very obviously competing neutrals.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Gonna be honest, still not sure what the slym thing is outside of he talks about being able to talk to ghosts while a ghost.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Seems legit, though it does seem a bit of a blur in my time between the three.
    Sorry my participation / goofy roleplaying has been less this time around.
    Occasionally I get a flash of insight, like remembering CMOT Dibbler and
    https://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Sausage_inna_bun

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Gizzy. Most everyone else has shown some interest in aquiring items in defense of the town. It's almost as if Gizzy wants this village to fall through negligance!

• Options
    Retaba wrote: Β»
    Gonna be honest, still not sure what the slym thing is outside of he talks about being able to talk to ghosts while a ghost.

It's because of the initial posts about their power. They claimed it was someone else, claimed it was a slightly different power I think (?), then claimed later it was themself, and won't give any other details.
    Bluecyan wrote: Β»
    Gizzy. Most everyone else has shown some interest in aquiring items in defense of the town. It's almost as if Gizzy wants this village to fall through negligance!

This is an interesting vote that I may be able to get behind.

Steam profile
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Slyms claim mostly just seems like they wanted to obscure their claimed power a bit rather than just put all the details into the thread.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Are these the powers everyone has been trading their ability to ghost post after death for?

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Gizzy wrote: Β»
    Are these the powers everyone has been trading their ability to ghost post after death for?

Or it could be the same thing! SLyM said he could talk to the village after death, which is basically the generic ghost post ability (without knowing other information).

Steam profile
  • Options
    Quite the opposite in fact. Our motto is "Why wait to die to be special? Be useful tomorrow!"

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Voting for Morridin889.

Nuffle doesn't care who you've been in the past, and am not sold on the Slym wagon. I could see voting for Mamawolf, but too late to do a one-off.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Voting for Morridin889.

Nuffle doesn't care who you've been in the past, and am not sold on the Slym wagon. I could see voting for Mamawolf, but too late to do a one-off.

How could you see voting for me?

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Just not sure about Slym wagon is all.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    People are upset that my saved draft of what I wasn't going to post isn't the same as what power I said I have after being the target of a bandwagon and having a bunch of people asking what I can do.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    To avoid possible ties. I will switch my vote to morridin889 Also, I was just poking SLyM to see his reaction. After looking back and current responses, I no longer think Mafia for SLyM, but possible misunderstandings on power.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    20 minutes for votes and orders.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    Ima change to ZH. Feeling confident based on our not working together this game.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Retaba
    Stellaris is pretty dope. I've been listening to Critical Role, while fleshing out my Horny & Spiritual Space Frog Republic.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Shot need to vote quick. Can’t go back and count and don’t want to risk tying it so LostNinja

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Virgil

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    mordin[/quote] to expand that vote gap (up by one by my count, now 2

• Options
    Vote closed.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    If we didn't get outnumbered tonight - def look at ZH tomorrow

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    If anyone has any information to give me anonymously so I can use my superpower, noes the time

• Options
    I can!

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Day Five: You cannot learn a thing you think you know.

The Shy Occultist despaired. For days she had been listening to complaints from the living and the dead, trying to assemble the spirits of the slain townsfolk into a useful force. Finally, she had figured it out, she knew who was in the dark priesthood and she could take action. She was however, but one voice in a sea of apathy and opinion. Gizzy knew what she had to do, she swallowed her pride and made a deal with the Alluring Merchant who had called for her head just hours earlier. She would be able to reach more people now, and for a minute it seemed like this would save the day. Then the townsfolk decided to kill the Elderly Mercenary. The townsfolk closed in on Gizzy, pushing her up against Lost Ninja. Pulling ritual daggers from their robes, the dark priests stabbed the Shy Occultist and the Histrionic Warden in front of the townsfolk.

Kime moved to stop this horror, but a ghostly hand appeared on his throat and choked the Former Gladiator to death as the priests began ripping out the entrails of their victims.

The Apathetic Wizard couldn’t take it anymore. It all seemed so hopeless. He found a room by himself and set to work.

The Jaded Fighter couldn’t take it anymore. It all seemed so hopeless. He found a room by himself and set to work.

The Alluring Merchant packed up her stall and set off to find more oppressed souls to help. This town would soon be nothing more than a temple to Zalbanadur and a graveyard.

The Dead:

Moridin889 - Elderly Mercenary
    Gizzy - Shy Occultist
    LostNinja - Histrionic Warden
    kime - Former Gladiator
    Preda - Apathetic Wizard - Hung Himself
    premium - Jaded Fighter - Hung Himself

The Priests of Zalbanadur and Alluring Merchant Victory!

The Priests of Zalbanadur:

Phoenix-D - Dark Hierophant
    Retaba - Keeper of Darkness
    Zombie Hero - Dark Saboteur
    Virgil_Leads_You - Dark Enforcer
    Locus - Dark Sentry

The Alluring Merchant
    Bluecyan - Alluring Merchant

Host notes to follow later.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Kime! Why were you agreeing with the merchant who accused Gizzy >~<

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Man, that is a disappointing number of villagers lost to inactivus.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, inactivus was like the seventh mafia member.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    @MrTLicious to unlock the dead board.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Wait a minute... what was in those sausages @Virgil_Leads_You ?

• Options
    Pork & breadcrumbs and a dash of love, the way the great Zalbanadur likes it.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Well locus had me fooled - I thought he was village

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Ugh. Not much we could do with so many inactive. Probably cut at least a day short.

Not thinking we would have pulled it off necessarily. Some of the villagers were super sketchy. Phoenix and Retaba were the only two of that mafia list that I even had a second thought about when looking at the votes.

Speaking of which.....again with killing me the day after posting a vote count? Is that a new mafia ploy, kill anyone who posts a vote count?

Thanks for running @38thDoe! I really enjoyed that dead folks still had a reason to pay attention. Gives the game something extra for those of us who get killed early on.

• Options
    thoughts on this.
    Redolent Sage was the agreed upon cover role.
    Looked up redolent in the dictionary.
    I liked Stinky Sage. Just a burly bearded herbalist in my mind.

Was thinking about pretending to be a peddler of potions, but then that was Bluecyan.
    Folk talked about ghost powers, so I was going to pretend to be ghost immune, or maybe a ghost guard?

Had the idea of being suspect of ghost powers,
    with pretend reasoning that ghost powers made you more likely to be a mafia member,
    considering in my fiction I had an immunity to ghosts.

Then I thought about S's, came up with Stinky Sage's Saucy Street Sausages.
    Maybe the sausages make ya fart? Stinky?
    Ghosts hate sausage toots?

This has been the inner workings of a surviving mafioso.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Also, I think this is unlocked. Someone tell me, I always forgot how to do it.

http://thevillagedead.boards.net/

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    So, I was a dead person seer who could only see whilst dead, so I provoked my own death day 1 and then never received any useful information from my power all game :(

• Options
    So I was in contact with 2 diff death seers, one who could use the power while living (Grunts) and one who could use it while dead (Discrider)

But apparently it was useless unless ZH died. (He told me after he saw the game was over he had an after death power to crest death millers)

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I could reveal game knowledge after the game was over. Everyone I tried to talk to never responded though

Edit: I mean after I died

Moridin889 on
  • Options
    I could reveal game knowledge after the game was over. Everyone I tried to talk to never responded though

Edit: I mean after I died

I left 38th doe anonymous messages to give you! But I guess he didn't since the game was over anyways