As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Getting rid of an old car (Ontario, Canada)

Hi guys!

My wife and I recently purchased a new Hyundai Elantra, to replace our 10 year old Mazda 3. The Mazda is on its last legs, with what we believe to be alternator-related problems, but could probably still be salvageable, and have few more years squeezed out of it, to anyone who cared to work on it. So my question to you is: what do you recommend we do with the Mazda?

Details:

We live in Ottawa, Ontario
The car is a 2007 Mazda 3
We decided to buy new once we started having problems with the battery, which we believe are related to a faulty alternator.
The alternator was replaced recently with an aftermarket product, but the problems persisted shortly after the replacement.
Neither my wife nor I are mechanically inclined, nor are we inclined to spend any more money on the car.

I'm aware of services like cars for kids and retire your ride, but we're don't have any experience dealing with these groups and don't know which ones are reputable/give the most bang for the buck.

Any advice appreciated.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Is Cash for Trash still around? That's where everyone used to go when I was living out in North Bay ( we'd have to drive to Ottawa for it) would bring their old clunkers

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I'm not in Canada but when I got rid of my old run down Jeep, we just filled out a form with Goodwill and they came and picked it up.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth