As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Re: [Game on] M&M.

• elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Trenog wrote:
    Also, I'm going to be needing the connection information, like where in irc we're doing this and such.

Thanks

Slashnet. Channel is #odam.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • TrenogTrenog Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I just tried to read the setting information for the first time but I find that the link is broken. How important is it for us to have read it?

Trenog on
    steam_sig.png
    Malkor wrote: »
    Rolo wrote: »
    opium is all natural shit son

makes you stronger

It also makes you immune to time.
    Bama wrote: »
    Two weeks ago, I lost the bulk of my female friends

She really hates it when you call her that.
    FCD wrote: »
    Ahhh, Orochimaru. Or, as I like to call him, Japanese Pedophile Voldemort.
    edited October 2006
    Trenog wrote:
    I just tried to read the setting information for the first time but I find that the link is broken. How important is it for us to have read it?

Not that important. But I will upload it again later.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    A quickie, but it was fun. I rolled a nat 20 for my first roll, and took out both of the bad guys before the first round.

Then we all banded together to perform thorny bondage acts on love slave Thugs, and kidnap helpless civiians.

Or...something like that.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I think the Heroes game went pretty well tonight. Might've been lucky rolls, but we kicked some ass.

Also, if starting games at 6 EST is too late for the GM, I'm up for pretty much any time after say 11 am - 1 pm, on weekends.

Scooter on
  • FierceDeity666FierceDeity666 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    so Dirk and scoot's person will be joining the heroes, then?

suits me just fine.

FierceDeity666 on
    edited October 2006
    Thought I'd post some info on Espina, here's her CoV bio:

http://www.herocorps.com/vdb/?i=1532

Edit: Since she's now a hero, just add on that she was hired to do some semi-heroic jobs by a hero, anonymously, and after he saw how she pulled them off he revealed himself and managed to convince her to come over to the side of the angels, without needing to be paid for it.

Wouldn't mind seeing some story behind the other characters, all I really know is that Candle can throw a decent punch and Gate and Driek (whatever it was) can port.

Scooter on
    edited October 2006
    I've got a wordpad file full of background, description, and moves (she was originally a character for a Guilty Gear RP, so she plays more like a fighting game character). But it's a bit too much to post here.

Basically, she helped her brothers prevent a mugging, then started to 'patrol' the city in a homemade costume. After getting out of college, she inherited a bookstore. Doing research there, she discovered the original Candle's identity and demise, and felt that she was being empowered by his spirit to take over protecting the city (and joining the group in his place).

She's a bit over the top, and is sorta 'anti-hero' in how violent she can be towards criminals. Her secret ID is very quiet and reserved, concerned with getting through the day until she can go out and reveal her real self at night. Her normal form looks prettymuch exactly like Yomiko Readman from Read or Die (ROD). Her real name is Tanya Candler.

candle5.jpg

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited November 2006
    We on for this weekend?

Scooter on
    edited November 2006
    I just got a new job, so I don't know anything about my schedule yet. I'm up for it, but won't know until Saturday.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited November 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    We on for this weekend?

Nope. We are skipping this weekend due certain scheducling / design problems.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
    edited November 2006
    I'm terribly sorry that I haven't posted anything into this thread, but last week has been quite busy as I have been working on semi-commercial PHP project. I did wrote adventure yesterday, but I think that my message comes little too late, so we are, yes, once again skipping week. Anyways... It looks that campaign will be more streetlevel than I had originally planned, so I'm going to upload extended description of San Angelo during next week. It's perfectly OK to fetch ideas from it for your own character's background.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
    edited November 2006
    I seem to be working nights, and mostly on the weekends. So...bleh.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited November 2006
    Hello, I uploaded PDF that describes San Angelo back to my website. It can be found at following address:

http://www.geocities.com/elkatas/setting.pdf

P.S. Sorry that it took so long, but my HD's cables broke up, and I needed to order new ones.

P.S.S. Reynolds: I'm sorry to hear that. I see what I can do. :(

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
    edited November 2006
    BTW, Thanksgiving is coming up here in the States, so next weekend might not be good.

Scooter on
    edited November 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    BTW, Thanksgiving is coming up here in the States, so next weekend might not be good.

Heh, forgot. You silly yanks and your Thanksgivings. :)

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
    edited November 2006
    safe to assume nothing doing today, then?

FierceDeity666 on
  • AuxiliaryAuxiliary Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Oooh. M&M. Is this on IRC?

Auxiliary on
    449065309_fb9d9dc0b2_o.jpg
    Suburban Ninja on the long lonely road of ninjitsu.
    Pokemon Diamond - 5412 6392 0193
    edited November 2006
    Auxiliary wrote:
    Oooh. M&M. Is this on IRC?

Yep, and Google spreadsheets apparently. It was fun, only one session so far, though.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • AuxiliaryAuxiliary Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    How do I get in on this goodness?

Auxiliary on
    449065309_fb9d9dc0b2_o.jpg
    Suburban Ninja on the long lonely road of ninjitsu.
    Pokemon Diamond - 5412 6392 0193
    edited November 2006
    Hello,

I have been off-line for few days, so I haven't been able to post this thread. Anyways, I'm ready to run game on this sunday, at same clock time as we played last time (6:00:00 PM, EST, New York Winter Time). FierceDeity666, you need to adjust your character's background to something more suitable (read: less violent). Same goes for MechMantis. And yes Auxiliary, you can join our game. You have three ways for doing your character:

1) If you know the system, you can create your character from scratch (PL 10).
    2) You can use template as a base for you character (look first page of this thread).
    3) Or you just can send description of your character to me and I will do it.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
    edited November 2006
    Ok, reworked background, now instead of altruistic murderer, he's a vigilante with a sick sense of humor and a bad memory:

Dirk Volken is a plainclothes super who looks more like a biker gang member than anything else. He posesses a disdain for the pagentry of the “Cape and Spandex” set(as he calls them), both heroes and villians. His thinking is that one should be defined by their deeds, not a moronic costume or goofy name. Still he’s not hostile to those who think different. He doesn’t remember his childhood, and he isn’t sure that Dirk Volken is his real name.

Dirk has an odd sense of humor and is surprisingly creative. Instead of taking a captured enemy to the police for disposal, he may leave them locked inside a seedy motel bathroom in a bathtub filled with ice and stage blood, then direct the police to that location. He thinks that making supervillains believe that they had their organs stolen is hilarious. He has a lot of similar tricks, meant mainly to make the captured foes a laughingstock in prison.

His abilities center around the large cleavers bonded to his body by seemingly invincible chains. he is incredibly skilled with these weapons, and can make them(and oddly enough, only them) generate searing flame. He is unsure of how he got them, due to his somewhat poor memory, which can make minor stupid details crystal clear and important stuff a fog. This causes him a rather large(But understandable) amount of frustration.

FierceDeity666 on
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Fix:

It got out before it was programmed properly.

MechMantis on
    edited November 2006
    Fierce is Kratos?

Also, we can't kill people? But Candle likes killing bad guys. :(

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited November 2006
    Reynolds wrote:
    Fierce is Kratos?

kinda, but Dirk's chains don't extend. they're set at about 4-6 feet, depending on what El thinks is reasonable(He can also veto the chains altogether). Also, they are somewhat more versatile in terms of hitting things(Insubstantial, Dimensional{This means that Dirk's attacks can actually hit people like Martian Manhunter, Shade and Kitty Pryde, something I don't think The Blades of Chaos could do})

FierceDeity666 on
    edited November 2006
    Reynolds wrote:
    Fierce is Kratos?

Personally I've never had much of a problem with using lethal force, and Espina's an ex-mercenary/assassin, so I'm sure she wouldn't have a problem with it. I guess it's up to elk though if that would violate comic morals or whatnot.

Scooter on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    Reynolds wrote:
    Fierce is Kratos?

Personally I've never had much of a problem with using lethal force, and Espina's an ex-mercenary/assassin, so I'm sure she wouldn't have a problem with it. I guess it's up to elk though if that would violate comic morals or whatnot.
    Unless your GM specifically forbid it, rules for lethal attacks are in the MNM book.

INeedNoSalt on
    edited November 2006
    Here is the villain list that I promised:

http://www.geocities.com/elkatas/villain_list.pdf

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
    edited November 2006
    elkatas wrote:
    Here is the villain list that I promised:

http://www.geocities.com/elkatas/villain_list.pdf
    very nice.

FierceDeity666 on
    edited November 2006
    So I'm lapsing. What's that list for again?

Trenog on
    steam_sig.png

makes you stronger

edited November 2006
    So you can decide who your arch-nemesis would be.

Espina's got Green Man because of her apathy for environmentalist causes. Also, White Knight likes to burn her lazy, job-stealing Hispanic plants.

Scooter on
    edited November 2006
    i have a large number of enemies.

ENEMIES:
    Dirk’s enemies are great in number, and he categorizes them in three groups: Douchebags, Overly Persistent, and Big Ones.
    DOUCHEBAGS:
    Weaker, lesser foes, usually possessing a disconnection from reality. White Knight, Toy-Boy, Doc Otaku, Maestro and Warden are all douchebags. He usually yells at these people to go and do something productive with their lives and quit wasting it with this crap.
    OVERLY PERSISTENT:
    Ghosts. Dirk sees it as his job to deal with them because he’s one of the few who can actually FIGHT them. Silver Scream, Hiroshima Shadow and Jack-a-Knives are overly persistent.
    BIG ONES:
    The really strong people. They’re pretty obvious and Dirk has to team up with the rest of the JF to get them.

FierceDeity666 on
    edited November 2006
    Btw, Espina's JF-friendly bio. This holds true, but rather than being current, only goes up to about 3 years ago. At that point, Scooter, a JF founding member, managed to talk her into coming over to the side of the heroes by recognizing that she didn't really seem to be enjoying a criminal life, and offering to help her out with her legal status. She was able to work out a deal to avoid several life sentences (in several countries) by agreeing to service, both as a hero, and using her plant control powers to other uses, such as research, humanitarian and environmental causes. Scooter took a leave of absence from the JF a year or two ago and no one knows where he went, other than perhaps Espina.

Anything CoX-centric in those bios (like Arachnos, the Rogue Isles, Paragon City), you can just replace with their closest equivalents here.

Scooter on
    edited December 2006
    Reminder: Sunday, 5:00:00 PM, EST, New York Winter Time.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
    edited December 2006
    Well, I see 3 options here...

A. We mass recruit and hope that out of 10 people enough show up to do a decent game with.
    B. We have everyone do confirmation posts before each game to make sure at least, say, 4 of us can be there or we reschedule. And if someone confirms and doesn't show we smack em.
    C. We call it quits.

Cause this is starting to drag.

Scooter on
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Fuck. I just got back from helping to fix my grandmother's internet connection.

I was fed, so that's partly why it took so long.

Why does no one warn me about family obligations? D:

EDIT: I'll post my updated profile/enemies in a minute. My current edition makes no sence.

MechMantis on
    edited December 2006
    Shit. Sorry you guys about not being there tonight. I was deep into my studying for my exam tomorrow. And didn't realize that it was happening until now.

In general I'm going to be too busy over the course of the upcoming week because of exams everyday but Tuesday and the weekend of the 9th. After that (and excluding the 15th) I should be fine.

Trenog on
    steam_sig.png

makes you stronger

edited December 2006
    I read this yesterday...I even read it tonight. I've been online all day. I just totally didn't realize we were playing tonight. Sorry. :\

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited December 2006
    It seems we each fell into the pit of obliviousness this time around :P

I have hope for this campaign Scooter, don't lose faith. I'm sure that the next session will make up for the problems the last two times.

Trenog on
    steam_sig.png

makes you stronger

edited December 2006
    Reminder: Sunday, 5:00:00 PM, EST, New York Winter Time.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.