As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Fortunate

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Fortunate

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    lionheartssjlionheartssj Bartertown Chief Merchant BartertownRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I installed this the other day, but still haven't had a chance to sit down and try it. What's this morality choice mechanic? Is it per turn?

UPDATE: Never mind. Jerry's post touches on this.

lionheartssj on
  • Options
    NarcissistNarcissist Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I installed this the other day, but still haven't had a chance to sit down and try it. What's this morality choice mechanic? Is it per turn?

UPDATE: Never mind. Jerry's post touches on this.

They also played it during the stream yesterday (?).
    I'm not sure this link is working, despite getting it straight from the video, but here it is anyway.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/233446606?t=10481s

Narcissist on
  • Options
    rembrandtqeinsteinrembrandtqeinstein Registered User regular
    The game is really busy graphically and the animation and UI reminds me a lot of Eternal which isn't a good thing. I just finished the tutorial but I'm having a hard time distinguishing the different minions on the field at a glance. The text scales shittily so the game doesn't work well in windowed mode while doing other stuff on the same screen. Maybe after I play more and get more familiar with the cards that will be better.

I can't comment on the morality mechanic because I haven't played it enough but I really like the "give anything taunt" mechanic to make aggro less oppressive. Even though I suspect that same mechanic will just slow down games that are obviously won by one side in the midgame.

Game devs really should just study hearthstone for interface. No matter what you think of the mechanics the interface is top notch. You can play it on a 4.5 inch phone and it still works perfectly but it also looks good on a 70in tv.

• Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I'll agree to that. As much as I dislike Hearthstone, they really nailed the UI and presentation, it looks good without being busy, it's flashy but smooth, it controls well and doesn't have input lag.

Djiem on
  • Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    This sounds neat but I already have a backlog so there's no time to play this.

• Options
    GuilelessGuileless Registered User regular
    Anybody still play this?