As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Celebrate the holidays with [TV] friends!

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    So wait.

Star Trek Disco spoilers for near the end
    Lorka was a mirror universe guy? That's kinda dumb

So I guess Saru is the captain now? Weird.

Also I think I might get hulu next month to watch The Orville.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    So wait.

There are tons of hints all through the season up to that point that I actually figured it out before the season break. It felt good to have guessed correctly.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    So wait.

There are tons of hints all through the season up to that point that I actually figured it out before the season break. It felt good to have guessed correctly.

Yeah I knew something was up but that's such a dumb thing IMO.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    The casting for Rosa's girlfriend on Brooklyn 99 seems to have gotten revealed
    It's Gina Rodriguez

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Oh that's neat, I really liked him at the White House press thing a while back and his standup on Netflix was dope.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    The BBC is making a 6 episode Ankh-Morpork City Watch miniseries, no word on what book it is specifically drawing from

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    IF that is pulled off successfully, it could be amazing, however I'll believe it when I see it.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Hmm, previous Discworld series have not been great (although I had and continue to have the biggest crush on the lady who played Angua in the Going Postal mini a few years ago--she's on Westworld now)

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    i think hogfather is pretty good

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I just looked it up, I don't really like how werewolf-y they made her. I always pictured her basically just looking normal.

• Options
    They've been fine for the most part, imo. Not great, but fine.

It being a proper miniseries instead of a movie is promising

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Two episodes of A.P Bio tonight, one is brand new and the one afterwards is one that was already up on demand (the bake sale one)

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    I just looked it up, I don't really like how werewolf-y they made her. I always pictured her basically just looking normal.

She looked normal most of the time.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Hmm, previous Discworld series have not been great (although I had and continue to have the biggest crush on the lady who played Angua in the Going Postal mini a few years ago--she's on Westworld now)

*googles*
    Ha, knew it'd be snake-tattoo lady.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    JayKaos wrote: »

*googles*
    Ha, knew it'd be snake-tattoo lady.

She's so cool

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    The Watch has been in development since 2011. I'd love to see it come to fruition, but I'm not holding my breath this time either.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    It's always weird watching old network TV shows and seeing who they thought was enough of a celebrity to guest star and try and pop ratings

Like Paris Hilton showing up on The OC just to say like one line, or Tara Reid's recurring role on Scrubs, etc

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    It's always weird watching old network TV shows and seeing who they thought was enough of a celebrity to guest star and try and pop ratings

Like Paris Hilton showing up on The OC just to say like one line, or Tara Reid's recurring role on Scrubs, etc

I recall a guest appearance by Britney Spears saved How I Met Your Mother from cancellation early on?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

I recall a guest appearance by Britney Spears saved How I Met Your Mother from cancellation early on?

Yup! There was a poster on the IMDB forums who I assume was a massive Britney Spears fan and would not shut up about how she saved the show.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

Yup! There was a poster on the IMDB forums who I assume was a massive Britney Spears fan and would not shut up about how she saved the show.

I had forgotten about this until mentioned, but I do remember her cameos now, they were terrible. Tho unsure if was her, or just the terrible character they wrote for her that made it so bad, with how the writing on that show was in later seasons , I'm willing to believe the latter

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

I had forgotten about this until mentioned, but I do remember her cameos now, they were terrible. Tho unsure if was her, or just the terrible character they wrote for her that made it so bad, with how the writing on that show was in later seasons , I'm willing to believe the latter

On the other hand Mandy Moore's guest spot was awesome.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

Mandy Moore is actually a pretty decent actor though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    There was a couple seasons in the middle where they did a lot of stunt casting. I was always partial to Chris Eliot as Lily’s dad, or the guy whose name I can’t remember who played Marshal’s dad.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Yeah they gave Britney these big laugh lines but she's a pretty awful actor.

And they tried to bring her back a season or two later and the entire gag was that nobody cared about her or remembered who she was.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    To be fair her character's entire thing was "Obsessed with Ted" so yawn and really? at them going that route with anything.

The season finale should have been "Ted falls into an open volcano"

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    There was a couple seasons in the middle where they did a lot of stunt casting. I was always partial to Chris Eliot as Lily’s dad, or the guy whose name I can’t remember who played Marshal’s dad.

Bill Fabergakke, aka the voice of Patrick Star on Spongebob and Tom Cullen from The Stand miniseries.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    he was dauber!!!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Also he was Dauber.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I almost said ”you know, the guy from Coach” but I didn’t think you kids remembered Coach.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    He was also Patrick Star from Spongebob.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

And they tried to bring her back a season or two later and the entire gag was that nobody cared about her or remembered who she was.

... I have zero memory of her being on the show at all. This is really messing with me.

• Options
    tynic wrote: »

... I have zero memory of her being on the show at all. This is really messing with me.

She was the receptionist at , was it the tattoo removal place? but it's was very one note and forgettable ( so of course it went on for multiple episodes)

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i spend at least thirty percent of every day thinking about coach

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I vaguely remember the plot point, but i genuinely didn't notice her at all. Poor Britney.

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    I vaguely remember the plot point, but i genuinely didn't notice her at all. Poor Britney.

Ya the more it comes back to me I just feel bad for her , she was given a Shit character

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    Fagerbakke also played a nazi prison guard on Oz who (nearly 20 year old HBO spoilers)
    gets killed by having his throat slashed by Beecher who grew out and sharpened his fingernails just for that purpose and then cuts them and flushes them down the toilet

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

Yo, if any of you haven't seen Saved! you need to right this moment.

Mandy Moore is so good in it.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

Saved was part of one of my Inappropriate Double Features I used to inflict on my friends

I believe the movie I showed before it was Beerfest

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »

Saved was part of one of my Inappropriate Double Features I used to inflict on my friends

I believe the movie I showed before it was Beerfest

That is quite the tonal whiplash!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
This discussion has been closed.