As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Infinity] Holy shit it took us seven years to get to 100 pages, but we did it!

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Well, perhaps some treacherous Japanese units will remain

like Ninjas, who don't exist

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    For the record I've not played Infinity in ages but I have a bunch of unassembled YJ stuff. Mostly ISS but possibly some other units as well?
    My enthusiasm for playing more is usually killed when i consider having to assemble any more metal minis.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I still need to pick up a Ninja!

glad I didn't go in on an O-Yoroi yet though, since the new box comes with a TAG

I think that new big guy is a S5 Heavy Infantry, maybe?

The O-Yoroi is still good though you should get it

oh wow that's kinda badass though

yeah I do want an O-Yoroi eventually but it is a big chunk 'o money

Right now I have
    JSA starter box
    Biker special char + hacker box
    JSA support pack
    Haramaki (4x) box
    Haramaki Missile Launcher
    Shinobu Kitsune
    the two REM box (I forget which one, the ones with MSV 1&2 and ODD and such)
    and the other biker special character dude

so adding the Ninja for the KHD is a big thing (atm I proxy my oniwaban for that) plus maybe some of the other domaru profiles
    and then the O-Yoroi seems like a good addition, or the other biker box

but this new box throws my purchasing plan out of whack a bit!

Get

them allllllll :D

I am a poor student :( gotta make triage choices

And I still need to settle on my paint scheme and get some new paints too :(

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Those JSA models are super tight.

Also I'd be kinda shocked if they 100% removed all JSA from YJ. It seems like something they'd let you at least bring some 'loyalists' along as part of your mercenary contingent.

The new box seems like good value for money and newwwww shiiiiit is always nice

And the new Domaru are great, look awesome. Plus massive!

I wouldn't necessarily buy other stuff because they might redo it! But you have some of the best stuff there anyway.

That said, Raiden HRL blister would be a sexy addition

I might have to play JSA now...

Do we have better pictures of the new box?

Also sad trumpet noises with my half assembled JSA stuff.

I really wish I could just entirely skip the hobby side of this game so I could play the fun tactics stuff.

Oh I forget the Raiden! Yeah I have a HRL dude and he’s constantly vying for mvp with my shinobu

Do we have better pictures of the new box?

Also sad trumpet noises with my half assembled JSA stuff.

I really wish I could just entirely skip the hobby side of this game so I could play the fun tactics stuff.

blfjt5xt0z3b.jpeg

Not-Batou looks so freaking cool

Is that a Missile Launcher?

Not-kusanagi looks awesome too

And the DRRR! inspired biker is rad as well

Is the VIP a pre-order thing or is she in every army box?

Because I uh, that stuff is great.

I think that the VIP lady is in each box

The pre-order mini is that badass special forces dude on the right at the front, with the full face helm and two guns

Who, I mean, looks fucking awesome

yeah briefcase lady is part of the 10 models

the pre-order is the spec-ops. awesome model, but I have no idea how spec ops work

I'd just use them as a proxy for other stuff, since that is basically what they are there for

Spec-Ops were introduced for campaign paradiso and some tournaments use them, but not many

bunch more info here btw, including pre-order pricing etc

https://www.infinitythegame.com/blog/news/item/475-first-day-of-the-uprising

New book, new box and the O-Yoroi pilot mini for that much aint bad...

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Hey a new scenery set that uses the same shapes as Red Veil. Their card scenery sets are pretty great.

I guess those models are nice for the weebs too.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I'm going to have toi find someone selling that HVT to add it to my growing collection of Infinity civvies.

• AsherAsher Registered User regular
    So based on the hush hush info I have, things are going to be shaken up a bunch. JSA are leaving Yu Jing but some Japanese remained Loyal to the state empire. So Yu Jing are going to lose some units to the JSA and some units are just going to be gone. Full stop. As in are completely wiped out/disbanded in the fluff and removed from the game completely fro both factions. However, those units are being replaced with new units that are similar but different. So as a Vanilla player I might lose some units, but the current buzz is they will be able to be proxied as very similar units. Some special characters are defecting but some are unknown.

I did want to avoid having any Japanese units in my army, but I did get some Bikes and a Shikami recently, so I'll be a bit salty if I lose them. Or I could just get the new box and end up with JSA!

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    For the stuff being removed entirely, I'm guessing they've got some low volume sales units, likely from N2 that aren't worth resculpting, that are going to get Exrah'd so they can free up SKU space for more new stuff. Makes sense.

-Loki- on
    Yeah there's deffo some profiles and such for JSA that get little-to-no use, might as well bump them and add some new and exciting stuff.

I'm just really keen to see what the JSA lineup looks like once the NA2 book drops. Very curious to see if there's any new profiles for existing units or any changed stuff.

Actually the couple that I know are getting nuked are pretty popular, good, played options.

Surely nothing that means a particular mini can't be used at all?

To my (very limited) knowledge, of the two units that I know are getting nuked both are going to be able to be perfectly proxied as new units. So the models will still be fine to use, but I have no idea how similar or different the profiles will be. I'm told one will be very VERY similar, despite it being a nominally different unit.
    Sorry for not being more specific, but apparently Corvus Belli is being really intense about leaks this time. Like from Carlos' mouth to group Admins ears directly.

Nah that's fair, tbh

They got shit on by a leak recently, need to be careful

I hadn't heard of any other leaks. What happened?
    I was getting ready to get really salty about losing some things I just bought, so I reached out to an individual who I figured would be in the know and I've been mollified. Apparently a lot will be happening very quickly.

Well, just the leak about this really, came out early on the interwebz because a WarCor spilled the beans beforehand

Beasts of War weren't overly chirpy about it

Asher wrote: »
    Actually the couple that I know are getting nuked are pretty popular, good, played options.

hmmm now I'm really curious

If one is the Raiden HRL I'll be spewin'

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I'll never understand the indignation surrounding leaks by companies that are a closed loop of game - models. CB makes the game and they make the only models to play it with. They have no competitor they need to get the drop on. The only thing I can think of is they want to sell off as much of their current (old) JSA line and possibly-soon-to-be-defunct models and figure people will stop buying once they learn what's about to happen.

That just comes off as slimy to me.

Part of it is that it helps them manage marketting pushes and stuff.

Whether that's something you particularly care/respect is kinda up to you.

edited March 2018
    Yeah it's partly that leaks don't usually tell the whole story, have bad info, or are out of date.

All that sort of stuff can be potentially damaging when it's leaked by people who don't do due diligence on confirming information. It's why hardcore datamining has changed a great deal of things for companies that do big online games- now you have to expect that folks are gonna mine all the data so you have to spend time and PR managing that as well.

That and yes it throws their careful marketing plans out of whack and that's kinda shit too? Also it feels real bad when the actual designers and creators of stuff are excited about the upcoming announcement and then some kid manages to get a leak and vomits it up onto the internet for all to see.

So basically most of the time leaking info is done by people who don't really care about the people working on the stuff (unless they're leaking an actual scandal or something BS but usually that is handled by people with a bit more integrity than your typical leak)

Anzekay on
    edited March 2018
    I hadn't thought about it like that, good point. I can absolutely respect not wanting to deal with a deadline being pushed up because some nerd on the internet broke an NDA. I stand behind someone not wanting to have more work created for them.

Plus they probably don't have the manpower to 'own' leaks within 24 hours like GW does these days.

Dr_Keenbean on
    Yeah absolutely. I feel less bad about leaks for big monolithic companies- and in some ways when you're that big it's hard to plug all the holes so you just deal with it- but when it happens to smaller companies or smaller products it makes me real mad

makes me especially mad if it's a playtester breaking their NDA, because that ruins the trust between designers and playtesters and that's a vital part of the development process

I think that in this case I also feel bad because this is something they worked on with Beasts of War, two relatively small companies trying to coordinate a marketing campaign which is kind of critical to them both being undercut is pretty shitty. Like, CB is a privately owned company set up by a bunch of friends to try and make the game they love, and so is BoW in a way, so it's not like these are faceless corporations or whatever. It screws them over a bit just because some nerd wanted to be the first person on the internet to spread the pictures.

I will say one thing though

Beast of War needs a better video edit because most of their announcement video makes me want to vomit

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    I will say one thing though

Beast of War needs a better video edit because most of their announcement video makes me want to vomit

What is really odd is that I’m sure they’ve done better ones in the past.

I always enjoy their infinity weeks with Kilian and Carlos. I’m 99% sure the Icestorm week got me to buy the models (2 kids makes it tricky to find much if any playtime. One day I’ll have a social life again).

PSN Fleety2009