As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Good software for a TI-83+?

SilvoculousSilvoculous Registered User regular
Most of us have got one, or have had one at some point, and boy do we love our graphing calculators. With its speedy 6MHz Z80 processor and 32K of RAM, the TI-83 Plus beats out the original Gameboy in terms of hardware power, and by an even longer shot in software developed for it. I've been casually browsing ticalc.org, by now the definitive software site for this great little piece of hardware, and yet sadly I've only picked up a few apps here and there.

I'm toting the original Finance app, MirageOS to store my games, NoteFolio for cheating on math tests, Omnicalc, the Periodic Table, and Sketchy, a primitive drawing/animation program. My games list is pitifully short - Blockdude, Fall Down, Megaman 83+ (soon to be deleted), Phoenix, Reverse Snake and ZTris.

Long ago, I could walk up to any geeky-looking bloke in school with a TI-84 and a link cable and he'd hook me up with copies of the coolest games. No longer. What do you guys carry around with you on that spiffy math machine? Any recommendations?

Silvoculous on

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Phoenix is the definitive game for the 83+

Although I did have a super mario clone on it at one point, as well as a drug lord game. But my heart always was with Phoenix.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar