As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    @mrbody could we have a map update, please?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Tomorrow afternoon

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Cool. I'll hang on.

• Options
    Activity Log
    Jol-Nar plays Diplomacy on home system

L1z1x activates Wellon. Move in 2 Dreadnoughts, 2 Cruisers, 1 Carrier, 6 Fighters, and 3 Infantry from Mecatol Rex, with 1 Cruiser loading 1 Infantry from Tar'Mann as part of its movement, and move in 1 Dreadnought and 1 Infantry from each of Bereg and Lirta IV (2 Infantry total)
    Jol-Nar gains 4 TG from racial tech
    Jol-Nar plays Experimental Battlestation
    L1z1x damages one dreadnaught and loses 2 fighters
    Jol-Nar plays Skilled Retreat, retreats to Fria/Abyz
    L1z1x lands 6 infantry on Wellon
    2 L1z1x infantry killed, defender Jol-Nar wiped out
    L1z1x takes planet and assimilates structures
    2 L1z1x infantry placed on card
    1 Jol-Nar infantry placed on card
    L1z1x Exhaust Mecatol Rex to build 1 Fighter and 2 Infantry at Wellon.

Winnu Activate Mecatol rex. Activate Lazax folding gate and move everything but the cruiser (3 dreadnought, Flagship, 3 fighters and GF) from beta to Mecatol through wormhole, than move carrier with 3 fighters and 2GF from Zhobat. Land all 3 GF on the planet. Activate reclamation and put both a space dock and a PDS on the planet.

Letnev Activate Centauri/Graal. Move three Cruiser's from Mekhar Xull, bringing three fighters with them. Move two Dreadnoughts from Starpoint/New Albion, bringing two GF. Move Destroyer from Hyperion.
    PDS hits one Letnev dreadnought
    Arborec plays Skilled Retreat, retreats to Nestphar
    Defenders destroyed in bombardment.
    Letnev claims secret objective "Make an Example of Their World - Use bombardment to destroy the last of a player's infantry on a planet. 1 VP"
    1 Letnev infantry killed by PDS, 1 lands to claim Centauri

Creuss plays technology, research Sarween Tools and dreadnought II, Exhaust Sakulag, Arnor, and Lor
    Arborec exhaust Quann & Resculon for Technology Secondary. Research Destroyer II
    Jol-Nar Exhaust Abyz, Fria and Arinam for 6R. Research Cruiser II and Lightwave deflector
    L1z1x exhausting Saudor (2R), Tar'Mann (1R), and Xxehan (1R) to gain Graviton Laser System.
    Creuss uses Jol-Nar research note for Lightwave Deflectors
    Winnu Exaust Lodor and spend 1 TG to research Space docks II
    Letnev spends 4 TG, and flip Mekhar Xull for Duranium Armor

Arborec plays Imperial, Exhaust Vefut II, Gral, Corneeq, Nestphar, Oecen'n, and Rarron for 12 influence. Spend 4 trade goods. Claim Manipulate Galactic Law. (VP 7->9). Discards secret objective for new one
    L1z1x plays secondary

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Round 7 - Action Phase

Map
    (New Albion/Starpoint fighters do not exist)
    oYs4VSfm.png
    full map

(unit visual reference)
    (max component restrictions per player: 8 destroyers, 8 cruisers, 4 carriers, 5 dreadnoughts, 2 war suns, 6 PDS, 3 space docks)

Objectives
    Public
    I - Lead from the Front - Spend a total of 3 tokens from your strategy and/or tactics pool. 1 VP Jol-Nar L1z1x
    I - Diversify Research - Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors. 1 VP Creuss Jol-nar
    I- Develop Weaponry - Own 2 unit upgrade technologies. 1 VP Creuss Letnev L1z1x Arborec Winnu
    I- Negotiate Trade Routes - Spend 5 trade goods. 1 VP Jol-Nar Letnev Winnu L1z1x
    I- Erect a Monument - Spend 8 resources. 1 VP Letnev Jol-Nar Arborec L1z1x
    II- Manipulate Galactic Law- Spend 16 influence. 2 VP Jol-Nar Arborec
    II- Form Galactic Brain Trust- Control 5 planets with technology specialties. 2 VP
    II- Revolutionalize Warfare- Own 3 unit upgrade technologies. 2 VP
    II- ???
    II - ???

Secret
    Letnev Spark a rebellion - Win a combat against a player who has the most victory points. 1 VP
    Make an Example of Their World - Use bombardment to destroy the last of a player's infantry on a planet. 1 VP
    Winnu Gather a Mighty Fleet - Have 5 dreadnoughts on the board. 1 VP
    Unveil Flagship- Win a battle with your flagship present. 1 VP
    L1z1x - Secrets of the Cosmos Have one or more ships in 3 systems that are each adjacent to an anomaly. 1 VP.
    Arborec Become the gatekeeper - Have at least 1 ship in a system containing an alpha wormhole and at least 1 ship in a system containing a beta wormhole. 1 VP
    Control the Region - Have at least 1 ship in 6 or more systems. 1 VP
    Jol-Nar - Establish a Perimeter - Have 4 PDS units on the board. 1 VP

Other
    Creuss- Imperial Rider 1 VP, Custodians 1 VP, Letnev Support from the throne 1 VP
    Letnev- Imperial strategy 1 VP
    Arborec- Imperial strategy 1 VP, Crown of Emphidia 1 VP, Winnu Support for the Throne 1 VP
    Winnu- Arborec Support for the throne 1VP
    L1z1x- Imperial strategy 1 VP

Victory Track
    MrBlarney - 6
    Elvenshae - 5
    Mojo - 7
    Hedgethorn - 9
    Brody - 6
    Preda - 5
    Technologies
    Ciz5AvY.png

Promissory notes (any player may give these to another. "Black player" is just the example; insert your own color)
    Race specific promissory notes (only the stated race may give these)

Laws
    Research Team: Propulsion (Thibah)
    When the owner of this planet researches technology, they may exhaust this card to ignore 1 blue prerequisite.

Deep Core Mining (Bereg)
    +2 resources on this planet

(Sakulag)
    +1 resources +1 influence

Minister of Commerce (Letnev)
    After the owner of this card replenishes commodities, he gains 1 trade good for each player who is his neighbor.

The Crown of Emphidia (Arborec)
    The elected player gains this card and 1 victory point.
    A player gains this card and 1 victory point if they capture a planet in the owner's home system. Then the previous owner loses 1 victory point.

Minister of Peace (Creuss)
    After a player activates a system containing another player's units, the owner of this card may discard this card. Immediately end the active player's turn.
    Player mats

MrBlarney
    7 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    1 claimed- Secrets of the Cosmos Have one or more ships in 3 systems that are each adjacent to an anomaly. 1 VP.
    Creuss promissory: Cease Fire- After the Creuss player activates a system containing your units: The Creuss player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Creuss player
    LEV7Ov2.png

Elvenshae
    5 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Letnev promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Letnev's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Letnev player.
    L1z1x promissory: Cease Fire- After the L1z1x player activates a system containing your units: The L1z1x player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the L1z1x player
    4BUkZRD.png

Minister of Peace
    After a player activates a system containing another player's units, the owner of this card may discard this card. Immediately end the active player's turn.

Mojo
    4 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Arborec promissory: Cease Fire- After the Arborec player activates a system containing your units: The Arborec player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Arborec player
    Letnev promissory note: Political Secret- When an agenda is revealed: The Letnev player cannot vote, use action cards, or use faction abilities until after the agenda has been resolved. Then return this card to the Letnev player.
    xOyY7vN.png

Hedgethorn **Speaker**
    5 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    (1 claimed) Become the gatekeeper - Have at least 1 ship in a system containing an alpha wormhole and at least 1 ship in a system containing a beta wormhole. 1 VP
    Crown of Emphidia - Law - A player gains this card and 1 victory point if they capture a planet in the owner's home system. Then the previous owner loses 1 victory point.
    Winnu promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Winnu's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Winnu player.
    LjD8xWH.png

Brody
    2 action cards
    0 secret objectives
    2 claimed secret objective- Spark a rebellion - Win a combat against a player who has the most victory points. 1 VP
    Make an Example of Their World - Use bombardment to destroy the last of a player's infantry on a planet. 1 VP
    Winnu promissory: Cease Fire- After the Winnu player activates a system containing your units: The Winnu player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Winnu player
    Minister of Commerce- After the owner of this card replenishes commodities, he gains 1 trade good for each player who is his neighbor.
    KmUGfUa.png

Preda
    5 action cards
    1 secret objectives
    2 claimed- Gather a Mighty Fleet - Have 5 dreadnoughts on the board. 1 VP
    Unveil Flagship- Win a battle with your flagship present. 1 VP
    Letnev promissory: Cease Fire- After the Letnev player activates a system containing your units: The Letnev player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Letnev player
    Arborec promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Arborec's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Arborec player.
    fvPT55g.png

Mojo Diplomacy 2
    MrBlarney Politics 3
    Preda Construction 4
    Brody Warfare 6
    Elvenshae Technology 7
    Hedgethorn Imperial 8

@Mojo_Jojo

MrBody on
  • Options
    beetfarmerbeetfarmer Registered User regular
    @MrBody

Two of the Letnev fighters in the Starpoint/ New Albion system are unsupported and should be removed.

• Options
    beetfarmer wrote: »
    @MrBody

Two of the Letnev fighters in the Starpoint/ New Albion system are unsupported and should be removed.

Hmm...looks like the 3rd fighter should have been removed a while ago.

• Options
    Activate Oenn'n/Rarron
    Play Flank Speed
    Then if no sabotages happen and Elvenshae doesn't peace minister it
    Move in the dreadnaught and carrier from Arinam/Meer
    Move in the dreadnaught, carrier, capital ship, 4 fighters and 4 ground forces from Jol/Naar
    [color]

Flank Speed- After you activate a system: Apply +1 to the move value of each of your ships during this tactical action.
    @Elvenshae for sabotage and/or peace minister play
    @Hedgethorn @Preda @MrBlarney @Brody for sabotage

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    No Sab.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Nada from me.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    No sab

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Play Sabotage: Play when an action card is played. Cancel that card.

Cancel Jol-Nar's Flank Speed.

@Mojo_Jojo

• Options
    Boo. Move nowt

@MrBlarney 's action

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Don't you still get an action, even after I cancelled your card?

• Options
    He activated the planet. He could still move everything but either the flagship or a dreadnought and relative cargo, even without the card.

• Options
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    Don't you still get an action, even after I cancelled your card?

The card wasn't an action. I'm electing not to move anything following activation

• Options
    Ah, got it.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    That's the fourth sabotage play, is that right? Only a couple more possible, from reshuffling the discards.

Play Action Card "Insubordination", targeting Hedgethorn / Arborec. (AC 7 --> 6)

Insubordination
    Action: Remove 1 token from another player's tactic pool and return it to his reinforcements.

@Hedgethorn for Sabotage calls or requests.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    No Sabotage.

The proud flora of Arborec are curious why the entire galaxy suddenly seems intent on committing the crime of galactic herbicide.

• Options
    Pass

Letnev is prepared to smoke some dank weed.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    No Sabotage.

The proud flora of Arborec are curious why the entire galaxy suddenly seems intent on committing the crime of galactic herbicide.

We only want to exterminate plants on Nestaphar. the other ones, aren't important right now...

• Options
    No Sabotage.

Probably because you spread like weeds.
    Is that speciesist?

• Options
    Play Construction. Build space dock on Winnu and PDS on Zohbat.

@Elvenshae @Mojo_Jojo @Brody for secondary, the others have no strategy token.

• Options
    I have no more strategy tokens. I had one, spent it on tech.

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    No Sabotage.

Probably because you spread like weeds.
    Is that speciesist?
    How dare you talk about my stamen and pistil that way!

• Options
    I'll take that.

Play the Construction secondary on Creuss, adding a PDS.

• Options
    Pass

• Options
    That should be everyone for Preda's turn, I think? @Brody up next.

• Options
    @Brody dy are you waiting on something?

• Options
    Sorry, nope, just lost track of things.

Play warfare, pulling token out of Centauri/Gral and placing it back in Tactics token.

Secondaries anyone? @Hedgethorn @Mojo_Jojo @Elvenshae @Preda @MrBlarney

• Options
    Pass.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    No tokens, so it's an automatic Pass for me.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Hmm. The idea was my homeworld would be empty when that got played.

Spend my last strategy token to take the secondary
    Build two cruisers, two ground forces and two fighters in Jol nar (cost 5R with the saween tools bonus)
    Exhaust Jol, Nar and Lazar for 4R and spend a TG for the rest

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    I'll take it.

1 Cruiser
    1 Destroyer
    2 Fighters
    2 Infantry

Exhaust Creuss for 4 and +1 from the tools.

• Options
    Pass.

• Options
    That makes it @Elvenshae's turn.

• Options
    ... weird. I did not get batsignaled by that ...

Uh, lemme see ... Shit.

• Options
    @Mojo_Jojo

If I go beat up on Hedgethorn, will you not shoot at me with your PDSes?

• Options
    edited March 2018
    That seems fair given that I can't do too much to stop him myself

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    Whoops @Elvenshae