As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Voting Thread: Brackets 1 & 2

2»

• Options
    FierceDeity666FierceDeity666 Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    BRACKET 1:
    A. Joker. He's gonna do SOMETHING, and it will be glorious.
    B. Brainiac. COMPUTAR MACHINE IS WINRAR.
    C. Mandarin: Because Doomsday is a big retarded meat miracle that is probably vulnerable to ONE of Mandarin's rings. As for their records against heroes, you cannot beat an alcoholic superhero, it violates some law, I think. and Doomsday did his mess in the stupid ass 90's.
    D. Silver Samurai: HE DOES NOT SUCK HE DOES NOT SUCK HE DOES NOT SUUUUUUUUUUCK

BRACKET 2:
    A. Sinestro. See Luthor.
    B. Loki: He brings about THE END OF THE FUCKING WORLD for chrissakes. He ain't going down to this homp.
    C. Ra's. Because he has all of Batman's awesome and the will to destroy any invinci-fop in his way.
    D. Luthor. See Sinestro.

FierceDeity666 on
  • Options
    GoodCitizenGoodCitizen Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket One:
    Match A: Joker. Would REALLY depend on Mary's mental state. If she was in her fully violent personality from the start, she wins, if not, she loses. I'm going with joker. His insanity works FOR him, not AGAINST him. Still, could go either way in reality.
    Match B: Brainiac. Assuming they have similar intellect(which isn't the case), brainiac is still WAY faster. He'd make it to the center first, and if he found riddler, oh man would riddler get jacked up.
    Match C: Doomsday. Rings of power? Didn't stop iron man and it SURELY wont stop doomsday.
    Match D: Silver Samurai. I disagree with most people when they say that this venom isn't as powerful/cunning as brock. I think he's a MUCH larger threat than Brock, since he's more unconventional with the symbiote. Read "Civil-war Choosing sides" if you want an example. Still, fire + symbiote = a loss for venom.

Bracket Two:
    Match A: Sinestro. Oh man would deathstrike get her butt whupped
    Match B: Loki. You can't trick the trickster. Sorry mirrormaster, you just aren't THAT bright. Loki will see through his games.
    Match C: Sebastion Shaw. Like someone said before, Shaw has a HUGE advantage when Ra's doesn't know about Shaw's power. If Ra's knew ahead of time, he'd probably win, but he doesn't, so he wont.
    Match D:Lex Luthor. I predict that Luthor will have a new rug for his dining room after this battle...

GoodCitizen on
    Benjamin Franklin used foil covered window glass to create a capacitor. He then attempted to kill a turkey with the stored charge. Instead, he knocked himself out. Franklin later wrote, "I tried to kill a turkey but nearly succeeded in killing a goose."
  • Options
    Kshah777Kshah777 Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1:
    A: Joker. Unless Mary is immune to deadly gas, Joker will find a way to get her.
    B: Brainiac. Level 12 intelligence beats... whatever level Riddler is at. What the hell is a level 12 intelligence anyway...
    C: Doomsday. Guy killed Superman. Superman could take out Mandarin in an eyeblink. Doomsday wins.
    D: Silver Samurai: Venom isn't good enough. Environment tips the scales further.

Bracket 2:
    A. Sinestro. No contest.
    B: Loki. God of Mischief, mirrors be damned.
    C: Ra's al Ghul. Experienced, deadly, can adapt to Shaw's power, even if he manages to have to find it out.
    D: Lex Luthor. Sigh. I was glad Wendigo got in (despite people seemingly underestimating him, he may not be a popular villain but he fought the goddamn angry HULK to a standstill) and then he has to go up against one of the top tier brilliant villains in a giant battlesuit. Lex wins on both fronts. Ah well, I'll live.

Kshah777 on
    "He ate a moose and he ate a whale, he even ate a mountain... of shrimp..."
    ~"The Ballad of Morgan Brown"
  • Options
    Lieutenant SyrupLieutenant Syrup Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1
    Match A: Joker - The way I figure it, and admittedly I don't know a lot about Mary, Joker's sly enough to slip by if Mary isn't in her crazy death mode. I think Mr. J can get on by his off-the-wall wits, despite the power going against him.
    Match B: Brainiac - His brain might not be juicy, but it sure is big. Riddler's great, but I think he's outclassed in brain and brawn this go.
    Match C: Mandarin - Jesus Christ the colours!
    Match D: Silver Samurai - Fire advantage seems like a killer.

Bracket 2
    MAtch A Sinestro - hahahahaha.
    Match B Loki - Trickster takes the square. I figure he can probably make Mirror Master fuck up sooner than MM can make Loki.
    Match C Ra's - Tricky, but I think it's not going to take long for Ra's to figure what's what and make Shaw dance the viral jig into his grave.
    Match D Luthor - hahahahaha.

Lieutenant Syrup on
    Ideologies
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1:
    A: Mary. Unless Joker has an immunity to OH GOD MY SKIN IS BURNING I think she has it covered.
    B: Riddler. This isn't Brainiacs type of thinking, it seems. Granted, Brainiac is(and this is an understatement) brilliant, Riddler is more the "maze" type.
    C: Mandarin. He gets 10 tries to see how Doomsday works and figure out what will hurt him enough to knock him out.
    D: Venom. Never been a big Silver Samurai fan, but the symbiotes not a damn sword. He doesn't need to "know how to use it".

Bracket 2:
    A: Sinestro. Deathstrike is...so fucked.
    B: Loki. I'm sure Mirror Master is a great villain and awesome and all that. But c'mon. Loki.
    C: Ra's. He can easily kick the shit out of Shaw without ever laying a finger on him.
    D: Lex. Wendigo is fucked almost as bad as Lady Deathstrike, but for different reasons(see, he'll actually HIT Lex.)

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Doctor DoomDoctor Doom Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Typhoid Mary, Braniac, Mandarin, Silver Samurai, Sinestro, Loki, Ra's Al Ghul, and Luthor have advanced.

the brackets have been updated.

Doctor Doom on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Luthor against Ra's is going to be great.

Brainiac is going to destroy Typhoid Mary.

The other fights will be interesting.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    GoodCitizenGoodCitizen Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    While I wouldn't have chosen Mandarin over Doomsday, I'm quite glad that doomsday got eliminated. Logic be damned...

GoodCitizen on
    Benjamin Franklin used foil covered window glass to create a capacitor. He then attempted to kill a turkey with the stored charge. Instead, he knocked himself out. Franklin later wrote, "I tried to kill a turkey but nearly succeeded in killing a goose."
  • Options
    DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Kind of sucks to see the Joker get eliminated in the first round.

DharmaBum on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    DharmaBum wrote:
    I am making one big :| face at everyone who voted for Typhoid Mary.

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    DharmaBum wrote:
    He had a tough draw for an opponent. Mary just had too much going for her.

Marathon on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Marathon wrote:
    DharmaBum wrote:

That's true. But it almost seems unfair to pit people without superpowers against people with superpowers. Espeically when the one thing that gives them an edge against their superhero counterpart is PREP time and a vast network of people and devices.

It's like putting Supes up against somone but mandating that he wear a necklace of kryptonite.

It just seems like Joker was cut off at the knees. Especially when Lex got his Apokoliptian Battlesuit.

DharmaBum on
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    DharmaBum wrote:
    Marathon wrote:
    DharmaBum wrote:

That's true. But it almost seems unfair to pit people without superpowers against people with superpowers. Espeically when the one thing that gives them an edge against their superhero counterpart is PREP time and a vast network of people and devices.

It's like putting Supes up against somone but mandating that he wear a necklace of kryptonite.

It just seems like Joker was cut off at the knees. Especially when Lex got his Apokoliptian Battlesuit.
    It is a bit unfair that Lex got his battlesuit while Joker was limited to a few weapons, but Lex was given armor because the character who was nominated was "Lex with armor".

robosagogo on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    DharmaBum wrote:
    Marathon wrote:
    DharmaBum wrote:

But the battlesuit is something that Lex has at his disposal and has used many times. Joker has been around for quite a while and pretty much sticks to the gas, acid, guns, and blunt objects.

The random nature of how the fights are picked (aside from a few hand picked fights by Doom) will result in fights like this every once in a while. A loss in this round does not mean that Joker is any less of an evil genious, it just means that when you break it down Joker is a regular guy, who happens to be an evil genious. Those limitations will always will always put him at a disadvantage against someone with super powers.

Marathon on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    DharmaBum wrote:
    Marathon wrote:
    DharmaBum wrote:

It is a bit unfair that Lex got his battlesuit while Joker was limited to a few weapons, but Lex was given armor because the character who was nominated was "Lex with armor".

I almost feel like he would've been given the armor anyway just so that he could compete with the suped up villans that he would have to go up against. Whereas Joker was given an acid shooting flower (while totally badass, especially when he kills Lex Jr.), which isn't gunna do much for him unless he catches a suped up person off gaurd or he goes up against a similarly depowered individual.

DharmaBum on
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    If this tournament was a professionally written story, I'd like to see Joker or Riddler score upset victories just because it'd be unexpected and brilliant if appropriately justified.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    well, Joker doesn't usually use a battlesuit. Lex is pretty much known for it.

I mean, we could say this was Emperor Joker, but then he'd just turn everyone into rubber chickens or something.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2006

I mean, we could say this was Emperor Joker, but then he'd just turn everyone into rubber chickens or something.

Thank you captain literal.

I'm not saying we should've given Joker a battlesuit. But somthing to put him on par with people with super powers. Lex got it so why doesnt he?

DharmaBum on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    DharmaBum wrote:

I'm not saying we should've given Joker a battlesuit. But somthing to put him on par with people with super powers. Lex got it so why doesnt he?
    Because Joker's standard equipment has never consisted of anything to put him on par with superhumans. Lex has used his battlesuit for a long time, Joker has never used anything like it.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    DharmaBum wrote:

Because Joker's standard equipment has never consisted of anything to put him on par with superhumans. Lex has used his battlesuit for a long time, Joker has never used anything like it.

Alright. But I still contend that somthing should've been done to level the playing feild for the supes and non-supes in the tourney.

DharmaBum on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    DharmaBum wrote:
    DharmaBum wrote:

Alright. But I still contend that somthing should've been done to level the playing feild for the supes and non-supes in the tourney.

Maybe Typhoid Mary should have been put into the fight wearing her pajamas. Joker is really good at beating women like that. :)

Marathon on