As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

East 2018 [Hotel] Partners and Discussion

• Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    Dropping a Wednesday - Sunday single bed at Westin

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    so many rooms back up again. Crazy awesome to see!

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    Duplicate room notices went out again today- this all the open rooms! Dropping my extra element (thurs-sat) now!

S2ieAvx.png
  • craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    sadly haven't seen that double pop up for wednesday at the element. Plenty of singles came up though

DXLJjjr.png
  • jester44jester44 Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have a Thurs-Sun at the Element who would prefer the Seaport instead? I have a double bed room (quad occupancy) at the Seaport for Thurs-Sun, would trade for Element if there's anyone who prefers the Seaport.

jester44 on
  • SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    There are rooms available at the Westin for all days on the week! Go, go,go. Was able to move my entire booking to Westin :)

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • ScoJoMoScoJoMo Registered User regular
    Dropping an Aloft for Wed-Sunday if anyone's looking.

• TalonTalonTalonTalon Registered User regular
    SinoSamba wrote: »
    There are rooms available at the Westin for all days on the week! Go, go,go. Was able to move my entire booking to Westin :)

Dammit missed it was on my lunch break...

• MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    I just dropped my original Yotel Wed - Sun reservation.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• imPokerFaceimPokerFace Registered User regular
    If I buy through the onpoint site today, could I cancel through them if something better opens at a later date?

• SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    If I buy through the onpoint site today, could I cancel through them if something better opens at a later date?

Yes up until the reservations are forwarded to the hotels proper. That usually happens about a week or so beforehand

P0P7S6y.png
  • imPokerFaceimPokerFace Registered User regular
    Solanales wrote: »

Yes up until the reservations are forwarded to the hotels proper. That usually happens about a week or so beforehand

Cool, thanks for the info!

• falknessfalkness Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if 1 King size bed was available at the Element? Every time I check, the only option I have is 2 Queens. I remember last year I had the 1 King and pullout sofa. I guess I can always just call the hotel.

• sammillssammills NJRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    falkness wrote: »
    Does anyone know if 1 King size bed was available at the Element? Every time I check, the only option I have is 2 Queens. I remember last year I had the 1 King and pullout sofa. I guess I can always just call the hotel.

They were available again this year yeah! That's what I have booked.

sammills on
    yJyIjnX.png

• DeathJest3rDeathJest3r Registered User regular
    Dropping an Element Double bedded for Wednesday - Sunday. Go hop on it quick.

falkness wrote: »

I called the hotel the day reservations went live and just booked that way. They still honored the con rate and it got us a king bed so ya.

P0P7S6y.png
    Dropping an Element Double bedded for Wednesday - Sunday. Go hop on it quick.
    Noooo I missed it :(

DXLJjjr.png
  • ervtronervtron PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    does anyone remember when you typically see the charges on your card for the stay? If I remember correctly its been after the stay always but better safe than sorry. (specifically Westin & Element if that matters)

• Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    ervtron wrote: »
    does anyone remember when you typically see the charges on your card for the stay? If I remember correctly its been after the stay always but better safe than sorry. (specifically Westin & Element if that matters)

It varies hotel to hotel I've heard. I've stayed at Westin and Aloft the past few years and never got charged prior.

zmYaVYP.png
    Sometimes you'll get a hold on the day you check in but that falls off after 24-48 hours then the full charge is places the day you check out usually

P0P7S6y.png
    Double bedded rooms at the Aloft up for Wed night. Also some single bedded rooms as well.

DXLJjjr.png
  • mayapplemayapple TennesseeRegistered User regular
    craiola wrote: »
    Double bedded rooms at the Aloft up for Wed night. Also some single bedded rooms as well.

i need these wed rooms! oh no!

e6txb8m8cavf.png

mayapple wrote: »
    craiola wrote: »

i need these wed rooms! oh no!

just checked, the Wed for the aloft is still there. I'm waiting on a double bedded wed for Element myself

DXLJjjr.png
  • mayapplemayapple TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I just checked and im not seeing it.. hmm.. Are you signed in as attendee?

Edit: cleared my browser and then they showed... hmmm

mayapple on
    e6txb8m8cavf.png

mayapple wrote: »
    I just checked and im not seeing it.. hmm.. Are you signed in as attendee?

Edit: cleared my browser and then they showed... hmmm

I have noticed that sometimes you have to filter by date to get all of the hotels to show up. Its a weird quirk, but as soon as I put in April 4th - 5th some closer hotels usually show up. I've been searching that way as of late

DXLJjjr.png
  • STEAKSTEAK Registered User regular
    I see that we've sold out the Embassy Suites. That's a first. I'll have a party of 4 that is more than willing to chill and game into the night, if any others are looking to hang. We'll probably have board gaming in the lobby again.

QDo8ACR.png
  • sammillssammills NJRegistered User regular
    Got my Westin spot, so about to drop a single bed Element for Wednesday night in case anyone needs it.

yJyIjnX.png

• DominoDomino Keizen Mikazuki New York, NYRegistered User regular
    Thanks to whomever dropped 2 beds at the Westin Boston Waterfront. I continue my yearly stay at the main hotel at Pax lol!

tFh5HdJ.png
    Domino wrote: »
    Thanks to whomever dropped 2 beds at the Westin Boston Waterfront. I continue my yearly stay at the main hotel at Pax lol!

Haha I saw that, already had my room there. Congratulations!

zmYaVYP.png
  • StephidabefidaStephidabefida Registered User regular
    The Westin has single bed rooms for all of PAX open now through OnPeak!!

bftgk95jb551.png

• Jer1ch0Jer1ch0 Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Westin available all days right now - 1 left - I just booked mine. As a result cancelled a Yotel for April 4-9 that will probably pop up soon as well. good alternate choice.

Jer1ch0 on
    dr5jolvtc9bn.png

• MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    Woo! Was able to extend my Westin so all days are under one booking.

Dropping a Double Occupancy Wednesday.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• markrighteousmarkrighteous Registered User new member
    Just released Thu-Sunday room at the Renaissance. _Enjoy_ :)

Lots of rooms up for Element, Aloft, and the Westin. If anyone is dropping a double for Element on Wed night please let me know

DXLJjjr.png
    Just dropped all my single Wednesday through Sunday Westin days because they had a Wednesday through Sunday available in a single reservation.

zmYaVYP.png
  • ScoJoMoScoJoMo Registered User regular
    Anyone else notice that all of the hotels, except the Logan Hilton and Westin Waterfront, are unavailable? Any idea what that's all about?

• starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    ScoJoMo wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that all of the hotels, except the Logan Hilton and Westin Waterfront, are unavailable? Any idea what that's all about?

Have we hit the deadline for hotel bookings?

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • RedK232RedK232 Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    That is odd. Checked it a few days ago and no way every hotel was unavailable. There were still rooms 1 mile or more still there and up to 30 rooms available. Maybe onpeak's deadline for the hotel passed or its a glitch with onpeak which wouldnt be the first time.

RedK232 on
    xhdr64jir3c2.png
  • StephidabefidaStephidabefida Registered User regular
    Just a heads up for anyone staying at the Seaport, Michelle Obama is giving a speech at a conference there on April 5. I read about it on the PAX subreddit.

bftgk95jb551.png

RedK232 wrote: »
    That is odd. Checked it a few days ago and no way every hotel was unavailable. There were still rooms 1 mile or more still there and up to 30 rooms available. Maybe onpeak's deadline for the hotel passed or its a glitch with onpeak which wouldnt be the first time.

I think they are starting to move rooms over. Here's a tip. If you narrow down your days in the search rooms that show as unavailable seem to pop up. There is a Sat double bedded at the element (and a thursday too I believe)

DXLJjjr.png