As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's the Bogey Memorial Xth Annual Oscars Pool! CONGRATULATIONS TO PH BLAKE!

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Can I stream this

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Thanks! Pittsburgh wasn’t one of ABC’s special streaming cities last year, and it looks like it’s still not

I have Hulu, but not Hulu live

I’ll probably try going to a bar

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Don't worry last year I would have won but I accidentally selected the wrong movie in on of the categories.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Yeah last year I would have won but I didn't submit anything.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It was Animated Short Film. I meant to pick Piper but I instead clicked on Pearl and didn't notice until the category came up.

I would have won on the time tiebreaker.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Just over one hour till showtime, reminder that you can follow along on the scorecard here

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Because I don't actually watch these shows and I have no idea how long they go over.

• Options
    I didn't know Viola Davis is a Grammy away from EGOTing

• Options

I guess I also could have said, "I didn't know Viola Davis has a Tony."

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    All I know is the last two years Best Picture was given out while I was commuting home from work on the train.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Didn't Viola actually get both a Tony AND and Oscar for Fences?

(obviously the movie version and the stage version, but you know)

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Didn't Viola actually get both a Tony AND and Oscar for Fences?

(obviously the movie version and the stage version, but you know)

Possible! I didn't realize she was in the stage version.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Viola Davis definitely did both and she was definitely an answer on Jeopardy that I got right!

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

never underestimate viola davis

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Man I love Mahershala Ali.

• Options
    Costume Design is going to be make or break for me.

I'm the only person with picked Beauty and the Beast.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    This cold open is awful.

• Options
    Costume Design is going to be make or break for me.

I'm the only person with picked Beauty and the Beast.

I just don't see how they don't give it to the film that's basically about costume design.

• Options
    There's joke 1 about the mistake.

• Options
    He had like 3-4 in a row.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The tiebreaker this year probably should've been "how many jokes about last year"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I'll tell you, back when I would catch an episode of The Man Show all I could think was... This guy is going to be hosting the Oscars someday.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Demi and friends have won the Best Oscar Party Oscar

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    This is so bad

• Options
    I would love it if anyone other than Jimmy Kimmel was the host of the Oscars next year

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    I would love it if anyone other than Jimmy Kimmel was the host of the Oscars next year

Don’t say that

They’ll get Ricky Gervais, the absolute worst

• Options
    chocolate eggs and fish sticks killed me.

• Options
    Anyone--literally anyone--is better than Billy Crystal, though.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    God, I miss Chris Rock hosting.

The 2016 show was so good.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Goose! wrote: »

Don’t say that

They’ll get Ricky Gervais, the absolute worst

There's like 80 versions of the Office around the world, he doesn't need to work anymore.

• Options
    Okay, the 80 bucks joke was pretty good.

• Options
    Saoirse Ronan should win every year

• Options
    That Trump joke FAILED

• Options
    The Get Out/Trump joke took us back down to par, though.

• Options
    If I ever need coaching on my acceptance speech, I would of course look to Jimmy Kimmel.

• Options
    I really wish Jordan Peele and Kumail Nanjiani and Emily Gordon could win Best Original Screenplay.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    The thing about Kimmel that bugs me the most is that he delivers every one of his jokes exactly the same way.

Fucking Amazon Alexa has more vocal range

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Finally here we go, Best Supporting Actor is up first

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Remember when the Oscars were about movies? Yeah, me neither.

That was just the worst.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699