As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Load the Canon: We're 'Putin the War back in Warmind

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    That's a good reference

Thank you

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Iron Banner next week, Clash.
    03012018_IB_Weapons.jpg?cv=3983621215&av=2711760590

From TW@B: https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46670

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I want that auto since it reminds me of that first auto rifle you get, the Pariah. Same model and archetype.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Some more stuff in the TW@B
    • New Iron Banner settings in 1.1.4 (not this IB):
      Iron Banner will channel that old-school Crucible in the style of the Iron Lords. We've made a number of tweaks to the gameplay besides increasing team sizes to 6v6:
      Match time limit is 12 minutes
      Score limit is 125 points
      Respawn time is 7 seconds
      All control zones start off neutral
      Control zones take slightly longer to capture by default
      Additional Guardians (max of 3) in a zone increases capture speed
      Guardians participating in a capture get more Super energy
    • Rumble is now 8 players, no assists
    • Mayhem has no changes
    • Doubles will not be available at the launch of the weekly playlists with IB, Mayhem, and Rumble, but will have some changes when it does come out
    • Normal Nightfalls not having modifiers is intentional, wanted to let players experiment and establish a meta first
    • Score targets for the Nightfall emblems are currently 20k, 40k, 60k, and 80k, those can change
    • Raid spawning issues: No fix for now, requires coding/engineering to fix, to prevent stick with your fireteam when changing gear and if you get stuck switch back to the gear you had on when you started the raid

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Rumble is 8 players without assists? /boggle

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    The nightfall changes are bloody weird.

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Is the IB next week the one introducing 6v6?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Is the IB next week the one introducing 6v6?

the next one apparently

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Yeah, end of March. Dollars to donuts it's control, to introduce the new rules around that.

• Options
    Once again, TV speaks my truth.

https://youtu.be/sKd1q-3eqcU

• Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Iron Banner next week, Clash.
    03012018_IB_Weapons.jpg?cv=3983621215&av=2711760590

From TW@B: https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46670

Holy shit. I like.

• Options
    Peen wrote: »

I agree with what he's saying. The problem with the meta is lack of variety in ways to kill a guardian. Primaries are about the same, but the other ways (grenades, supers, specials, melee, shoulder charge, mobility flanks) are massively nerfed.

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Yeah, end of March. Dollars to donuts it's control, to introduce the new rules around that.

Huh, so two IB in the same calendar month?

• Options
    The tw@b makes it sound like mayhem, rumble, and IB will be on a three week rotation. I don't know how long that's sustainable but it'd sure be nice to know the schedule.

It also kinda makes it sound like IB will always be 6v6 control, that might just be me reading too far into it.

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    The tw@b makes it sound like mayhem, rumble, and IB will be on a three week rotation. I don't know how long that's sustainable but it'd sure be nice to know the schedule.

It also kinda makes it sound like IB will always be 6v6 control, that might just be me reading too far into it.

I feel like they are using IB Control to test out changes in a limited format. Not only the size of the teams but the zone flipping/super granting etc. Control is really the only logical place to mess around with any of that stuff since it is still really the only mode with any objective at all. Especially now that Supremacy is just Clash Plus.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    all modes are clash plush

control is just clash with a little extra reason to be mad at pubbies

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Control: Clash+
    Supremacy: Clash+
    Countdown: Not at all Clash
    Survival: Not at all Clash
    Trials of the Nine: Not at all Clash
    Crimson Doubles: Clash but Fun
    Mayhem Clash: Clash++
    Rumble: Ehhh... Clash adjacent

D1 Modes:
    Supremacy: Not Clash. GRAB THE CRESTS YOU FUCKWITS!
    Elimination: Not Clash
    Trials of Osiris: Decidedly not Clash
    Rift: Awesomely not Clash
    Zone Control: Anti-Clash

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Trojan35 wrote: »

I agree with what he's saying. The problem with the meta is lack of variety in ways to kill a guardian. Primaries are about the same, but the other ways (grenades, supers, specials, melee, shoulder charge, mobility flanks) are massively nerfed.
    One thing that I thought was a shame is that I have one character of each class, but they all ended up with the same loadout.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Fiskebent wrote: »
    Trojan35 wrote: »

One thing that I thought was a shame is that I have one character of each class, but they all ended up with the same loadout.

@ObiFett refuses to swap weapons so his characters feel more distinct/different to play.

I prefer using the same weapons, personally.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    I switch weapons in PvP way more than I do in PvE, I don't know if that's weird or not.

• Options
    So, just to confirm. Juggler is real. Got it.

As you all probably know, I like to opine/speculate on why Bungie shit the bed so much with D2 IMO. I think some people are great at creating from scratch, and others are great at multiplying those creations to something awesome. This new D2 team/leadership, which evolved from TTK's successes has not worked for me. Reminds me a lot of ME:Andromeda team not being able to scale from multiplayer to a whole game (but not quite as bad, D2 is way better).

• Options
    well you have a raid engram this week ps4 peeps

posted that in the wrong thread heh

• Options
    Have they mentioned anything about clan stuff? like how many people are in a clan, how many of those clans get x extra engrams per week?

It's kind of weird that I leveled significantly faster than some pubbie on his own or with 3-4 friends who have scheduling issues, Thats 3 engrams (plus the support structure to raid) per week. That would has to really screw with the content curve.

having three or four max power level items every week would certainly make leveling up easier

at least assuming you’re getting items for slots you need to infuse

it’s basically double the number of chances of getting a max power level reward for someone who’s not max power level (and thus can also rely on 330 vendor items occasionally)

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Have they mentioned anything about clan stuff? like how many people are in a clan, how many of those clans get x extra engrams per week?

It's kind of weird that I leveled significantly faster than some pubbie on his own or with 3-4 friends who have scheduling issues, Thats 3 engrams (plus the support structure to raid) per week. That would has to really screw with the content curve.

having three or four max power level items every week would certainly make leveling up easier

it’s basically double the number of chances of getting a max power level reward for someone who’s not max power level (and thus can also rely on 330 vendor items occasionally)

I feel like they nerfed the impact of this by making it so that you can't infuse armor cross class and you have to infuse the same type of weapon into the same type of weapon.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

I feel like they nerfed the impact of this by making it so that you can't infuse armor cross class and you have to infuse the same type of weapon into the same type of weapon.

Eh not really, don't have to use the weapon to be benefiting from the I level increase.

People in active/big clans are rich get richer situations where as smaller clans just get put under.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

kind of but that affects both people in clans and people not in clans but people in clans gets potentially twice as many opportunities to infuse every week

• Options
    jjae2123jjae2123 Registered User regular
    I did my first d2 nightfall today when some random pub invited me to join her or his fire team. We used no mics, but we made it through without a wipe. It was pretty solid!

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    C2l1Har.png

That Jovian Guard armor looks so good!

I was confused why this was posted in the old thread but then I remembered the exclusivity period.
    Yes, Jovian guard is actually the one set of exclusives that I thought looked especially good. The others ones were generally pretty blah.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    so i only just read TWAB but our experience over the weekend is the “switch gear while close together” thing not only didn’t fix the respawn bug, it added some really fun instances of people doing the whole going ghost thing seemingly at random. i was appearing ghost to people and i hadn’t even switched any gear

• Options
    On the one hand, I appreciate Bungie sharing any ideas on how to work around their broken mechanics in the short term. On the other, this is a fucking hilarious solution for 6 months in.

• Options
    Last thread we discussed player population a little bit, and I posted the Google doc showing Trials participation. That discussion got me thinking about my personal experience, so I decided to check the "historical heatmap" to see how my D1 and D2 play times compare.

D1:
    Total Time in Destiny 1: 3102h = 129d 6h 24m
    Total Time in Activities: 2470h = 102d 22h 42m
    Destiny 1 Activity Count: 6153
    Current Streak: 22 days inactive
    Longest Streaks: 69 days active | 76 days inactive

e8udfkbaxmqb.jpg

D2:
    Total Time in Destiny 2: 411h = 17d 3h 16m
    Total Time in Activities: 308h = 12d 20h 8m
    Destiny 2 Activity Count: 670
    Current Streak: 4 days inactive
    Longest Streaks: 23 days active | 6 days inactive

8a3oemhjv8hr.jpg

Filtered for only raid activities:
    k8z71a4y7sct.jpg

It paints a pretty obvious picture to me. D2 is less engaging than D1. If raids did not exist (and the awesome people I've met to play raid activities), then I probably wouldn't play Destiny 2 at all.

Again, to reiterate, this is all from my unique personal experience. I don't presume that my play-time stats are indicative of any majority of other players.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    i'm a bit of two minds about my personal difference in playtime between D1 and D2 and the possible reasons for it

D1 i always had something to grind for, so i could play all day every day and still feel like I had things to do

but i don't think I want that back

that's awful, random rolls are terrible, and i don't think i want a game that makes me feel like i have to constantly be grinding or i'll never get the things i want

the problem with D2 is i have almost no reason to play by myself, so if the people i like playing with don't want to play, i just don't play

that's also awful

i really don't know what the answer is, to be honest

i think it's somewhere in there needing to be things i want to do and can continuously achieve, but i don't need to do in order to feel like i'm achieving something

i think the dial was tuned too far in favor of the super casual player, and so it was really easy for me to basically get everything really quickly, and i certainly haven't been playing as much as i would have played D1

the whole loot vomit system is garbage and i think a large part of the problem

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I switch weapons in PvP way more than I do in PvE, I don't know if that's weird or not.

I swap to a very small set of weapons I like in PvP (ie - better devils mostly) because otherwise I do way worse.

In PvE it barely matters. Only in the raid do I go for a vaguely ideal loadout.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Loot systems in other games I've played recently. No specific order.

Destiny 2:
    Activity-specific locations for most gear, but there is also a "global" pool
    Token system to counter bad luck
    No crafting
    Static rolls (no random stats/perks)
    Limited mod system
    Masterwork weapons/armor = tail/chase

Borderlands 2:
    Boss- and quest-specific drops, but there is also a "global" pool
    Torgue tokens, Seraph Crystals to counter bad luck (minor)
    No crafting
    Random rolls (minor)
    No mod system* (Class Mods are just another piece of gear in this context)
    No reforge/recalibrate option
    OP levels from DLC represent the only tail/chase as you would need to reacquire loot for it to remain relevant.

Diablo 3:
    Random drop locations
    Blood Shard and Kanai's Cube systems to counter bad luck
    Crafting (minor)
    Random rolls ("rarity = power")
    Legendary Gems
    Reforging available to customize stats
    Ancient / Primal tiers of loot = tail/chase

Division:
    Semi-random drop locations (*expected to change to completely random in the next patch)
    Credits, Phoenix Credits, and GE Credits to counter bad luck
    Crafting (major)
    Random rolls
    Decent mod system
    Recalibration available to customize stats
    Optimization / Classified armor = tail/chase

Erevar on
    KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    Borderlands 2 still had one of the worst loot systems in my opinion. Running specific bosses over and over aside from one of their paid dlc loot sploision was obnoxious as fuck. Makes me worry for the future with Bl3 to be honest.

D3 to me has the most fun for a loot chase, in that you usually get the item you want fairly quickly, you just don't get the optimal roll for it, so you spend time with the gear you want, just chasing that faster clear, that better stat, the clearer high.

Monster Hunter World actually has a super fair system for loot, since its all crafting, and now the game has weekly quests to get the rarest hard to snag items for final evolutions.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Borderlands 2 still had one of the worst loot systems in my opinion. Running specific bosses over and over aside from one of their paid dlc loot sploision was obnoxious as fuck. Makes me worry for the future with Bl3 to be honest.

D3 to me has the most fun for a loot chase, in that you usually get the item you want fairly quickly, you just don't get the optimal roll for it, so you spend time with the gear you want, just chasing that faster clear, that better stat, the clearer high.

Monster Hunter World actually has a super fair system for loot, since its all crafting, and now the game has weekly quests to get the rarest hard to snag items for final evolutions.

I agree with the bolded and its even more mindblowing that we already had that in Destiny 1 and they moved away from it.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

I agree with the bolded and its even more mindblowing that we already had that in Destiny 1 and they moved away from it.

It really is. Like rando rolls were not optimal yes this is true, but really the loot treadmill in d2 goes from "nothing you want" to "everything you could want" within a couple play sessions.

Like I played destiny 2 intensely, and did all 3 characters. Thinking at first it was because "hey I want all 3! this time!" but honestly I think it was more "well I've gotten all the loot I want on this guy, better move on to the others?"

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Though it wasn't listed, I have found Path of Exile has one of the worst loot systems I've ever run across in an action rpg. Like so much garbage dropped after you kill some creatures it takes Borderlands 2's "hey fuck you get white and green everytime no matter what" and makes it infinitely worst.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I'm more open to random rolls for numeric values rather than full fledged perks. My issue is chiefly the amount of effort in the decision cycle. With perks you're talking about a combinatoric, does perk J which is normally not great actually fantastic when combined with perk T? I do not want that much thinking for every single loot drop.

If it were only "Oh, this Nameless Midnight rolled 98% of maximum, that's better than my current so it gets to stay!" that's fine. Of course, I expect roll ratings to take Bungie somewhere near a year after they launch a random roll system.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    random rolls are fine if it’s get a good gun that you can have a chance of making better

and not a chance of making worse

but there are a billion guns in D2 and so many are just garbage that it would require a lot more than just implementing a system

the MW system is okay but obtaining materials is currently too steeped in luck and far too rare to make the system usable

though i suspect like all D2’s systems it is too rare now and in a month i’ll be choking on how many i have

but as it is i don’t want to reroll guns for better perks when there is a chance i get the shit perk that’s worse than what i already have

This discussion has been closed.