As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cosplay Photographers

MdmZombieMdmZombie MIRegistered User regular
Are there any photographers heading to PAX East this year? Comment if you are photographer or looking to do a cosplay meetup for pictures! If there is enough interest, we could do set times and locations for larger meetups.

• JailbirdyJailbirdy OhioRegistered User regular
    If you don't mind being on media, I am doing live streams, and can stop by when you have a day/time set for this.?

Gamechefs LTD
    GT: Jailbirdy
  • craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    I'm not a professional photography but I just picked up a new DSLR this christmas and hope to be taking a bunch of hall cosplay shots this year.

DXLJjjr.png
  • MdmZombieMdmZombie MIRegistered User regular
    Jailbirdy wrote: »
    If you don't mind being on media, I am doing live streams, and can stop by when you have a day/time set for this.?

Sure! I want to try to get something kind of low key together for anyone who wants some nice pics, either photographers or cosplayers, but don't know anyone there.

Once the schedule gets posted I will try to think of a few times that large panels are not being held that might work best for people.

• iltailta Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I'm a professional photographer and I've done some past work at PAX East but don't want to violate any advertising rules. If anyone's interested in setting something up feel free to PM me!

ilta on
  • divisiontendivisionten Registered User regular
    I am both a cosplayer and a professional photographer. I will be cosplaying some days and shooting others. Here’s a recent piece. I made the costume and had a friend model so I could shoot and edit.

https://tay.kinja.com/the-things-left-behind-danganronpa-v3-cosplay-photosho-1823510945

• MdmZombieMdmZombie MIRegistered User regular
    A bump of this post. I have something in the works for anyone who is interested! Let's get all us cosplayers some snazzy photos of our hard work :)

• VapistVapist Videographer New YorkRegistered User new member
    I'm a professional Videographer and I'll be in attendance for pax east on Saturday. Would love to get some action shots of cosplayers.

• FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    I'll be there doing media coverage but I'll be working mostly on Saturday.

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
    Are there any rules with filming at PAX East?

Vapist wrote: »

Don't block traffic, basically. I've seen lights and tripods and everything in the halls, though usually no tripods on the show floor.

ilta wrote: »
    Vapist wrote: »

Don't block traffic, basically. I've seen lights and tripods and everything in the halls, though usually no tripods on the show floor.

Awesome. I have a dslr and a gimbal that i shoot with and a backpack for my gear. Shouldnt be an issue.

yeah you won't be taking up any more space than anyone else. happy gimballing!

• El1teAssass1n El1teAssass1n Registered User new member
    I do photography as a hobby and will be bringing my camera to Pax East. I would def be interested in doing a cosplay meet up. That's an awesome idea.

• KaspurrKaspurr Registered User new member
    There's going to be an Overwatch cosplay meet up on Friday April 6th at 1:00, there's a facebook event set up with the same name for place.
    There's about 6 people going last time I checked and I'd love if we had a photo.

• craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    Kaspurr wrote: »
    There's going to be an Overwatch cosplay meet up on Friday April 6th at 1:00, there's a facebook event set up with the same name for place.
    There's about 6 people going last time I checked and I'd love if we had a photo.

Can you link this? There's one for sat at 2 but I haven't seen the friday one

DXLJjjr.png
    Kaspurr wrote: »

If you have a link I'd be happy to go and take some photos.

• FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    I'm going to setup some lighting later this evening in locations that have little to no traffic. Let me know if you want to join in. I'll advise some enforcers to keep things legit and nice.

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
    Shoot I didn't see that until I left. If you are doing something like that again today I'd be interested.