As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2018 Information, FAQ, and Q&A Thread (Ask Questions Here!)

• Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    I ordered the PAX dice when I ordered my badges. Will these arrive at the same time as the badges or do they get shipped out seperately?

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Reg Page wrote:
    PAX East Merchandise will mail separately from Badges.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    What type of time frame can I expect Dice to arrive despite being seperate from the badges? 4 weeks before the event? 2

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
  • SnowDogSnowDog Central MARegistered User regular
    I notice the PAX East site has a countdown which is counting down to April 6 at 10 AM, not April 5. Probably worth fixing but hardly urgent.

• PavioPavio Registered User regular
    SnowDog wrote: »
    I notice the PAX East site has a countdown which is counting down to April 6 at 10 AM, not April 5. Probably worth fixing but hardly urgent.

Interesting, looks like it's still set for the Friday and not accounting for it starting on Thursday.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • SkillzSquar3DSkillzSquar3D Registered User new member
    Hello, kind of a specific question will Riot Games be at PAX East and if so will they have a booth/activation there?

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    At this point in time, your best bet would be to ask them directly.

• drakuldragondrakuldragon Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    What type of time frame can I expect Dice to arrive despite being seperate from the badges? 4 weeks before the event? 2

If it's set like they did at Unplugged, you pick it up near the merch booth

b3dyisb2mkd7.png

DOTS RPG Project - Guild Master Jess | @dotsrpg

I did receive an email recently that stated the merch would be sent out "by Mid-March". I am hopeful it will arrive before PAX.

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
  • std73std73 Extra Life Guild President Weymouth, MARegistered User regular
    Has the Exhibitor Social been scheduled yet?

PAX-signature-20.png
  • Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Badges have begun shipping. Reddit users received shipment emails.

Bunta_Fujiwara on
    zmYaVYP.png
  • starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular

Does that seem early? Better early than later I guess!

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    std73 wrote: »
    Has the Exhibitor Social been scheduled yet?
    Check with your exhibitor contact at PAX/ReedPOP

starNOstar wrote: »

It's been moving steadily earlier over the last few shows so this seems on par. I would expect it to settle out to this time frame.

• Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    starNOstar wrote: »

It's been moving steadily earlier over the last few shows so this seems on par. I would expect it to settle out to this time frame.
    Confirmed they are being shipped, my friend got his shipment notification and my showclix account now shows my order as "Processing" instead of "Not Shipped"

zmYaVYP.png
  • ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular

Can also confirm! I went to check my email after reading this and I had just received a shipping email 5 minutes ago. Someone is up late printin' those shipping labels!

UyhWici.png
  • jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    Maps and Exhibitors are up!

PAX East 2018 Guidebook

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    It looks like some of the map may not be finalized. A few of the companies listed are companies that do exhibiting on behalf of others and have big booths. So I'd keep an eye on this as it we get closer to PAX. With that said, super happy to see things getting released this far out :)

DXLJjjr.png
  • ZombiewskiZombiewski New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Is there a place we can find out the format various tournaments will use? For example, Puyo Puyo Tetris on the Switch: which game mode will it use?

Soul Silver FC: 0045 5822 7430, White FC: 0175 2366 9720, White 2 FC: 1636 2031 2006
    My NES blog and my Pokemon Snap tumblr.
  • ervtronervtron PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    Question regarding badges.. I ordered a thursday & friday when they first went on sale, received them in the mail today. But when tickets went back up a few weeks ago, I ordered my saturday then. I didn't receive the saturday pass with the others & haven't seen another shipping email from reedpop. Is this typical with later ticket orders or should I be worried?

ervtron wrote: »
    Question regarding badges.. I ordered a thursday & friday when they first went on sale, received them in the mail today. But when tickets went back up a few weeks ago, I ordered my saturday then. I didn't receive the saturday pass with the others & haven't seen another shipping email from reedpop. Is this typical with later ticket orders or should I be worried?
    That is typical. I wouldn't worry until it's the week of PAX.

• SpiraSpira Registered User new member
    Will there be any TCG or CCG tournaments or areas to play them?

• SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    Spira wrote: »
    Will there be any TCG or CCG tournaments or areas to play them?

I've definitely seen folks playing TCGs in the tabletop freeplay area.

P0P7S6y.png
  • Jer1ch0Jer1ch0 Registered User regular
    The Twitch lounge was amazing last year - will there be anything similar this year? Hard to tell from the maps - maybe the eMLS HQ?

dr5jolvtc9bn.png

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Holy crap - just noticed Stern Pinball is having a room. Is that going to be a free to play arcade like ACAM used to do?

• SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    Holy crap - just noticed Stern Pinball is having a room. Is that going to be a free to play arcade like ACAM used to do?

Typically that's how they are. I'd be very surprised if you had to pay.

P0P7S6y.png
    Jer1ch0 wrote: »
    The Twitch lounge was amazing last year - will there be anything similar this year? Hard to tell from the maps - maybe the eMLS HQ?

Nah, the eMLS HQ is for their tourney.

• FireWaterFireWater Registered User regular
    Hi all

I have been trying to search through the FAQ to see how long PA has a contract with BCEC but I am having difficulty finding it.

Does anyone know the answer?

Thanks!

• angelcreedangelcreed Registered User new member
    Hi- I have never been to PAX East. I am bringing my 6 year old son. I am actually mainly going for him since he likes a lot of things gamey-- He likes Minecraft, Pokemon, Star Wars, Legos, comics and loves the vintage Nintendo game bundle that just recently got re-released. Can anyone recommend things that would be more kid-friendly in particular? The schedule doesn't have a way to filter for more kid-friendly events. Thanks!

• deestardeestar [E]nforcer PAXEast Vermont Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    He might enjoy some of the Nintendo panels like the Switch Anniversary party, checking out the Nintendo booth, the Pinball Arcade or some of the games in Tabletop like Sushi Go. Otherwise it is kind of based on your judgement of what he is mature enough to handle. PAX does not really have a lot if panels or activities geared to kids under age 13 or so. Also if you download the PAX East app -you can click on scheduled events and it will take you to the event description so you can decide if its appropriate.

deestar on
  • angelcreedangelcreed Registered User new member
    deestar wrote: »
    He might enjoy some of the Nintendo panels like the Switch Anniversary party, checking out the Nintendo booth, the Pinball Arcade or some of the games in Tabletop like Sushi Go. Otherwise it is kind of based on your judgement of what he is mature enough to handle. PAX does not really have a lot if panels or activities geared to kids under age 13 or so. Also if you download the PAX East app -you can click on scheduled events and it will take you to the event description so you can decide if its appropriate.

Thank you!

• cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Just checked out the new maps. I have a question on D&D Adventure League. Do we sign up at the section designated for the League, or Tabletop HQ? Thanks!

cocowoushi on
    If he can field a Pokemon team I took my son when he was pretty young and the Pokemon trainers were super nice to him.

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    I HAVE BEEN GOING TO PAX FOR SEVEN YEARS AND NEVER KNEW THIS WTF
    There are two rules for how to find theatres at PAX East. #1. If the theatre is named after an animal that lives in the water, it’s on Level 0. If the theatre is named after an animal that lives on the ground, it’s on Level 1. If the theatre is named after an animal that flies, it’s on Level 2. #2. The first letter represents which quadrant the theatre is in, so if the theatre begins with the letter A, you can find it on the top left corner of our maps. If the theatre begins with the letter B, you can find it in the top right corner of our maps. If the theatre begins with the letter C, you can find it in the bottom left, and if it starts with the letter D, you can find it in the bottom right. For example, Cuttlefish lives in the water so you'll find it on Level 0, and it starts with a C so you can find it on our maps in the bottom left.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • iltailta Registered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    There are two rules for how to find theatres at PAX East. #1. If the theatre is named after an animal that lives in the water, it’s on Level 0. If the theatre is named after an animal that lives on the ground, it’s on Level 1. If the theatre is named after an animal that flies, it’s on Level 2. #2. The first letter represents which quadrant the theatre is in, so if the theatre begins with the letter A, you can find it on the top left corner of our maps. If the theatre begins with the letter B, you can find it in the top right corner of our maps. If the theatre begins with the letter C, you can find it in the bottom left, and if it starts with the letter D, you can find it in the bottom right. For example, Cuttlefish lives in the water so you'll find it on Level 0, and it starts with a C so you can find it on our maps in the bottom left.

Every year someone gets to be the one to learn this for the first time! Congrats, today it was you! :)

• bbqsbbbqsb Registered User regular
    I feel like I learn that every year, and then promptly forget. Though last year it didn't matter, since I swear almost all of the panels I went to were in Bumblebee anyway.

wchc2rv9iv1v.png
  • MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote: »

It works similarly at West, except instead of ABCD corners, they're named after the hotel they're in. For example, Wyvern is upstairs in the Westin and Sasquatch is the lower (of the two) floors in the Sheraton.

• TheAfroOfDoomTheAfroOfDoom Registered User new member
    Are tournaments typically keyboard/controller-lenient? For example, I'm extremely interested in the Speedrunners and Rocket League tournaments but I'm a keyboard player. Would easily be noobie if I used a controller on either game. Have previous PAXs with those tournaments allowed players to use a keyboard OR bring their own to plug-in?

Does anyone know if there are any intros to the various miniature games that might run at PAX?

My son is 13 and we play Magic at home, but our local game shop isn't super newcomer friendly so I was hoping to use PAX as a way to introduce some of the types of games we don't play at home. I already hope to do one of the "try D&D" demos they usually have, but I'd love for him to see a strategic game with minis (other than our brief foray into Heroclix).