As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Of Mice And Men

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Of Mice And Men

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    The only thing that'd make that third panel better is if Gabe's family were also in frame.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Registered User regular
    Is there any reason to go VR + Controller? Isn't it just the Nintendo Virtual Boy at that point /w a helmet strap?

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    I really don't think Tycho is in a place to judge here...

• Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    MaximumSquid / 7:38PM
    Is there any reason to go VR + Controller? Isn't it just the Nintendo Virtual Boy at that point /w a helmet strap?

It won't be the Virtual Boy unless it manages to find a way to screw up Tetris.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Virtual Boy just had depth of field. It had no motion sensing, so it didn't track your head movements at all.

Most VR games using PSVR can also use the DualShock 4 as a motion controller (which is what the light bar is for). It isn't as intuitive for many games (especially ones that use virtual hands to manipulate the environment), but it works in a pinch if you don't own Move controllers. I prefer playing more traditional games like Skyrim VR and Doom VR using a controller (which induces severe motion sickness in some folks), since hand motions are necessary for the core gameplay elements.

VR + Controller is probably more intuitive for most folks in simulations where you are sitting in the cockpit of a vehicle, too.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Hawk oneHawk one Registered User regular

It might be that he's just jealous and upset that he's never had that feeling.

But signatures don't really work, do they?
  • Options
    doompookydoompooky Wild (Let's Draw A) Horses Couldn't Drag Me AwayRegistered User regular
    Hawk one wrote: »

Nah, I'm pretty sure Tycho is familiar with loving and being loved by animals.

we7ek91hy97o.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1 / 8:48PM
    VR + Controller is probably more intuitive for most folks in simulations where you are sitting in the cockpit of a vehicle, too.

Yeah but there's no mech piloting games for VR+ so...

...*pauses*

....*checks*

...*clears throat*

...So until that happens that's not much of an incentive IMO.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Hahnsoo1 / 8:48PM

Yeah but there's no mech piloting games for VR+ so...

...*pauses*

....*checks*

...*clears throat*

...So until that happens that's not much of an incentive IMO.

Rigs (Mech arena combat) and Battlezone were PS VR launch titles. Also, several racing games have VR support. Also, Star Wars Battlefront had an X Wing VR mission, and Elite: Dangerous supports VR.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I don't know what this game is about. I don't care. That mouse with a grass sword is so adorable that I'd help it.
    Maybe it's out to commit ethnic genocide against various other rival mouse tribes.
    I dunno.

Twenty Sided on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    doompooky wrote: »
    Hawk one wrote: »

Nah, I'm pretty sure Tycho is familiar with loving and being loved by animals.

Love ain't got nothing to do with that.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I'm a little disappointed that the couch isn't drenched in vomit.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »

I guess all he needed was love.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »

it's all in the bucket

i-7kghGqr-2100x20000.jpg

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Cross-posting from the Steam and VR threads...

MOSS IS ON STEAM RIGHT NOW! Go go go!

HTC Vive and Oculus users can start their own magical journey with Quill. Stop reading this and download the game already!

I'm cheerleading this game pretty hard not only because it's great, but because my good friend Rick Lico single-handedly animated everything in the entire game. As a 20+ year industry veteran that's worked on some big name games (Condemned, Halo, Destiny), he finally got to work on a passion project at a small company to truly make something he can call his own.

If you got a VR set-up, do yourself a favor and pick up this game....or at the very least, gift the shit out of it to each other. ;)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page