As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Infinity] Holy shit it took us seven years to get to 100 pages, but we did it!

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I dislike how they mess around with photos, but I have always enjoyed their Infinity weeks

I'll deffo be watching next week

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    As long as they're not making any more videos with too-fast vomit-inducing transitions I'm looking forward to the week as well

• Options
    Yeah I am interested to see what NA2 stuff we will be having beyond the DB and JSA

I've been playing Druze a bit and that's a really cool Sectoral, IMO. Be nice if it had a few more options, but as it is basically Druze and pals I'm not that mad.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    I will say one thing though

Beast of War needs a better video edit because most of their announcement video makes me want to vomit

Also their website is what I would design if I was trying to make a parody site about 90s-era web design transported to the modern era.

• Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Honestly, I hate infinity video press releases and just look for people posting high rezz stills from them.

Edit: By which I mean music playing over fast cuts of still images for some reason instead of just giving me the pictures of the models, something where Carlos is talking is always great just because the guy obviously cares so much.

Lanlaorn on
  • Options
    yes the fast cuts of still images is why I was complaining about the vid haha

the fast cuts and the weird transition animations are just the perfect storm of making my stomach churn

• Options
    Carlos/Bostria talking about Infinity is great, yes

I love it

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    For previews I hate the videos they do. They purposely go to places that will do video for their miniature previews because they feel it's high profile, but I'd much rather just see the images they fast cut through in compressed video as super high resolution images that I can zoom in on and take my time looking at.

• Options
    The videos would be fine if

A) the article the video is attached to has some still high res pics as well

and B) whoever they get to do the video actually knows how to do a preview trailer that won't make most of their audience sick

• Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    Carlos is lovely but im still mad at him for picking a side in the great Australian fried potato war.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    That was great though

Canon in Infinity

• Options
    Im just sore about being on the wrong side of history! :p

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I started ignoring Infinity Aus when 3/4 of the posts were about scallops. I subbed to read about Infinity not food. What happened?

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Fb groups are just weird. I only look at the Aus or wa groups every week or so

• Options
    Three lists previewed.

Ikari and Starco, which both seem to be mercenary companies, and the Japanese Secessionist Army. New JSA lose Raiden (popular theory is Ryoken will be reworked Raiden), Haramaki and Asuka (I guess they have to make do with biker chick with cat ears and scythe).

Starco seems to be the 'Outrage' sectorial, in that it's got three of them in it.

Outrage spoilers
    The three that aren't dead.

Worth noting Knauf still doesn't have a non-LE model, though the Outrage box has a model you can proxy.

935055-Ikari%20Sectorial%20for%20Infinity%20the%20Game.jpg
    935056-Starco%20Sectorial%20for%20Infinity%20the%20Game.jpg
    18080bb65aadacba872a68e04152b044_55577.jpeg__thumb

• Options
    Honk honk yes all for me please

Definitely getting that JSA pack so I play it and Ikari Company too!

• Options
    Since we know the Druze sectorial is coming too, and Bostria confirmed 4 lists in the new book, it seems to basically be a Mercenary book. Three mercenary companies and new JSA. I'm guessing the three mercenary companies will have something to do with the JSA uprising, either helping them or trying to stop them for the State Empire.

• Options
    This stings a little since asuka, haramaki and raiden are all models I own in my small collection, and my budget isn’t huge :(

• Options
    From what I can tell, Raiden are basically now Ryuken Unit-9, in the background they were devastated and reformed into this new formation with other troops, and using Raiden as Unit-9 troops is going to be A Thing.

Haramaki Zesenbutai are almost certainly getting redone as Tanko Zesenbutai, and similarly using Haramaki as Tanko will be A Thing. Asuka is presumably just now an Aragoto of some sort, hopefully they get an Assault Pistol profile.

I trust CB will not just make those minis pointless. Raiden are pretty new and modern sculpts too, wonder if they'll just rebrand them as Unit-9s?

I would wait for the videos revealing the new details before being too sad however. You might find your Raiden HRL is now some ridiculous TO Camo special forces bullshit dude!

• Options
    Also a new O-Yoroi. New ITS pack has it as the prize, which means it'll get a general release with different arms. Which will probably look better.

t000et-event-tournament-pack-treason_1.jpg

• Options
    Solar wrote: »
    From what I can tell, Raiden are basically now Ryuken Unit-9, in the background they were devastated and reformed into this new formation with other troops, and using Raiden as Unit-9 troops is going to be A Thing.

Haramaki Zesenbutai are almost certainly getting redone as Tanko Zesenbutai, and similarly using Haramaki as Tanko will be A Thing. Asuka is presumably just now an Aragoto of some sort, hopefully they get an Assault Pistol profile.

I trust CB will not just make those minis pointless. Raiden are pretty new and modern sculpts too, wonder if they'll just rebrand them as Unit-9s?

I would wait for the videos revealing the new details before being too sad however. You might find your Raiden HRL is now some ridiculous TO Camo special forces bullshit dude!

this does soften things a bit!

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »

this does soften things a bit!

That's what I have been told. I wanted to break the bad news about Raiden buuuut. They are basically Ryuken now and the Haramaki are 100% Tanko.

• Options
    It's kinda convenient that there's 2 Ryuken in the box (and they're both lovely GitS lookalikes) and I only have a single Raiden, because their availability for JSA is 3! Perfect number.

Tanko only being 3 is a bit sad since I have 5 Haramaki, but I guess that means I can pick the best looking 3!

• Options
    Some new profiles and Fireteam info are out!

https://imgur.com/gallery/QPtwH

Notable things are Kemp getting some awesome new profiles including one with MSV2 and a shock marks rifle, Oni with SMG and cheaper points cost, and sure enough the Ryuken-9 have a Raiden profile!

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Dear god those new bikers are stacked.

Their entire profile screams 'point me at the enemy nerds that I may slaughter them and then hit the button myself'.

• Options
    22 CC but not martial arts :(

does this mean the new biker lacks courage?

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Dear god those new bikers are stacked.

Their entire profile screams 'point me at the enemy nerds that I may slaughter them and then hit the button myself'.

They're AVA 1. It's basically Asuka++, which would be one of the 'you can proxy this model if you want' deals after losing her.

Also, we have the Dossier for the Tanko Zesenbutai (redesigned Haramaki Zesenbutai).

bbROTIl.jpg

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Out of curiosity, are any PAers from the human sphere and places beyond going to be at Adepticon in two weeks?

• Options
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I started ignoring Infinity Aus when 3/4 of the posts were about scallops. I subbed to read about Infinity not food. What happened?

For the Cancon preview reel people could send in questions and some duffer actually asked him about Potato Cakes vs Potato scallops. So not only did the community get embarrassed in front of senpai (because yeah I agree with you people got real dumb about that. I've been posting a lot less too), but we got an official answer so now we can't even have the naming rights as interstate bragging rights!

In other news pretty sure I'm going to pick up the army box because Ghost in the Shell! Need Major and Batou so bad.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    The Adepticon bundle is looking mighty tempting.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    I put an order down for one yesterday!

• Options
    Well if nothing else this has revitalised my group. People talking Infinity again. My brother plays almost exclusively JSA and this has gotten him right back in. I'm looking at a bunch of precoloured Plastcraft terrain for my MAS mat.

• Options
    I may have also Preordered the package. Why complain about losing options when I can flesh it out into a whole new army! I make good decisions.

• Options
    Yeah I'm pre-ordering it too

I'm quite pumped for the new books. As my main two factions are Nomads and Haqq, getting the uprising stuff is a no-brainer. A lot of it is stuff from existing factions anyway!

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Is the book up for pre-order anywhere but CB's shop? Because I'm interested but I ain't payin shipping from Spain.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    You’ll probably see it start to go up for preorder the next few days; it went up on Firestorm over the weekend I imagine the usual suspects will be putting it up soon.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    I'll be preordering for Bayram Security. Druze were some of the miniatures that got me into the game. Aesthetically they're my favourite infantry on the market. They've never been particularly interesting on the rules front until their last iteration though so I never really put them on the table.

Also, the Brawlers are a pretty good LI unit for the various Mercs, and CB have a long history of not giving you enough basic rifle models outside of faction specific line infantry. So I have a feeling the extra Brawler with basic rifle is going to come in handy.

• Options
    A few Aussie stores have put up preorders. I'm also pretty sure I'll end up running WhiteStarCo by accident sometimes. It has a bunch of funky looking options. RiotGRRRL link with Avicenna what.

• Options
    I still find it weird that White Stars, which was the original name of the merc company that included the Druze, became Bayram Security and StarCo was born that doesn't include them at all.

Also I'm glad that another character from Outrage has made it - the Security Chief Arslan was one of the Druze that escaped before the final fight. Also glad he's a total badass on the table.

• Options
    Guess I should pick up the outrage box too!