As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fighting] thread Arcade Edition featuring Cody from the Final Fight series.

• THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    including SFxT in that bundle is fucking hilarious

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    If I remember right, Street Fighter X Tekken's PC version doesn't really work anymore because it required Windows For Live and that service got discontinued.

So unless there's a work around, owning that game is only good for getting the extra USF4 costumes.

GFWL never actually shut down! It can be a pain to get the updates installed and get it working, but last I checked it was still online.

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Maybe some people will play sfxt again and go, 'wait a minute i may have crapped on this prematurely'

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Are you having trouble with Hit?

Someone put together a basic guide.

https://i.imgur.com/m2lNhmK.jpg

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    there are deffo many teen gohan combo's but this one is MINE

I'm actually only proud because I did it all by my self with no seeing what other nerds where doing!!

dunno wtf happened I posted that and went to bed and it just never worked

I DO WANT YALL TO SEE IT THOUGH even if its real dumb

https://youtu.be/-oUBWLE1vY8

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    This is cool:

TLDR: new game with popular intellectual property gets big viewer number for a specific tournament

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
    Shame no one watches or plays marvel, though. Would have been nice to have it at evo

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So...does anyone know the frame data for that vanish attack in DBFZ on block.

Sometimes it looks safe even plus other times I see people get poked out.

edited February 2018
    Its slightly plus on grounded block

If someone got poked out, they thought the + frames were enough to make the opponent sit still and tried something slower. The opponent thought 'plus frames lol LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL'

Knob on
    edited February 2018
    You can reflect it and punish if they vanish behind you in a corner I believe

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018

god I love the guile mirror

Brolo on
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    I got KoF '98 during the recent Steam Sale and was a little surprised at how in-depth they went with letting you set up an auto-combo button.

So basically you can set up a single auto-combo for each character that is activated by a single button press. Everyone already had a default auto-combo set up for them, but you can replace it with your own.

Except you don't even have to be physically capable of performing the combo yourself. Yeah, you can just record yourself doing it if you want and set it up that way...but they also give you the option to just program in the button presses and timings yourself.

I've seen auto-combos in other games (I think SFxT had them too?) but this is the first time I'd seen where you could just program it in and not have to record yourself doing it.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX had a pretty cool custom auto-combo system that you could use, which let you map special moves to button presses and then hold down multiple buttons for different movesets.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    many times ive wondered about cheating in video games, having not done it, and whether notions of cheating in online games is merely a meme or something that actually happens on a reasonably frequent basis

for example.. there are aimbots for overwatch, but what % of people actually use them vs. how many people are suspected of using them, etc

I am given to thinking that, in general, the community is pretty lenient about accusing people of actual technical cheating, and that systematic abuses are A) more common than most people think and B) a lot more difficult to detect visually than most would imagine

and then... there's this guy

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Left left left left left

2x39jD4.jpg
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Left left left left left

I didn't know you weren't able to smell things

Farangu on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Been playing DBFZ. It's pretty fun even if I have to get used to 3v3 style.

I'm never sure how often I should call assists.

ABC

Always
    Be
    Calling assists

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    ABC

Always
    Be
    Calling assists

happy bdays arent really a thing in dbz

so use em constantly

whenever you do a block string, stagger it into stand/cr C and then hit assist. built in frame trap which you can easily confirm into dragon rush

mixups on wakeup

low blockstun into throws

etc etc etc

J3qcnBP.png
    Happy bdays are kind of a thing, but you almost never just lose a whole char from a bad assist call

You also need to consider what each of your assists is good for, and keep that + cooldown timer in mind when considering where your calls will be most effective

there are deffo many teen gohan combo's but this one is MINE

I'm actually only proud because I did it all by my self with no seeing what other nerds where doing!!

dunno wtf happened I posted that and went to bed and it just never worked

I DO WANT YALL TO SEE IT THOUGH even if its real dumb

https://youtu.be/-oUBWLE1vY8

I figured out one for midscreen as well aww yeah

https://youtu.be/HhaC_bdRzi0

icGJy2C.png
    DBFZ not having a record function is really brutal.

It hella has a record function

Oh it does. I must have missed it.

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    it's like guilty gear you gotta bind buttons to record and playback

edited March 2018
    Yeah. I figured it out. I just wanted to test how good super dash really is.

Turns out it actually is pretty good, folks just spam it in predictable ways.

Dragkonias on
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    my team is currently

18 point
    nappa second
    teen gohan third

it has no synergy and i love it

J3qcnBP.png
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    18 is a lot scarier if you run Gohan on point and tag her in when you are pushing someone to the corner

• templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    I'm running Beerus, 18, Tien, and I just can't get over how good Tien's assist is. It doesn't have Vegeta-level lockdown, but it's full screen, it has a huge active window, and it pops them up, not back.

I tried to upload a video of my 18 combo to Twitch, but now you have to do some kind of schedule premier bullshit for uploads? Does anybody know how to just upload a thing and make it public immediately?

I... I think I might be a DBFZ fan now.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    Knob wrote: »
    ABC

Always
    Be
    Calling assists

happy bdays arent really a thing in dbz

so use em constantly

whenever you do a block string, stagger it into stand/cr C and then hit assist. built in frame trap which you can easily confirm into dragon rush

mixups on wakeup

low blockstun into throws

etc etc etc
    I haven't learned good assist habits yet at all, and I'm further hampered by the fact that the team I'm currently learning doesn't really have great assists. 18/21/Frieza. I know how to use Frieza's explosion to extend combos for both other characters but that's it.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i cant believe I never thought to store snacks in my TE2s

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Congratulations to Rikuo for his Best Picture win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMMgV6iOuuQ

icGJy2C.png
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Rumor going around about SoulCal6's guest character..

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Namco helped distribute Witcher 3 in Europe and other places.

Anyone interesting from Dark Souls to add to SC?

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
This discussion has been closed.