As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Russia/US Investigation thread] More indictments, Schiff memo released

• LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    yeah, there's definitely cases to be made either way

ultimately though, I guess he was the one calling the media

It was kind of gross on the medias part though. He was a drowning man and they were all too content to describe the water.

Let's not hyperbolize too much.

He was not drowning; his life was not in danger.

I mean, depending on exactly what he knows, his polonium allergy could act up.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Leeks wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    yeah, there's definitely cases to be made either way

ultimately though, I guess he was the one calling the media

It was kind of gross on the medias part though. He was a drowning man and they were all too content to describe the water.

Let's not hyperbolize too much.

He was not drowning; his life was not in danger.

I mean, depending on exactly what he knows, his polonium allergy could act up.

Given what is going on in the UK, yeah...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    I actually agreed with some gop talking head

that guy should not have been on TV yesterday as he was pretty clearly mixing alcohol and meds.

It was sad and honestly, if I didn't dislike the trump admin so much I'd be a lot more disgusted with the entire TV news media.

that said, he was probably drunk because he seriously fucked up somewhere along the line and that is newsworthy.

I guess the media had to take what they got

I don't think it became clear that he was on some shit until after his first explosive interview with Katy Tur, which was also conducted over the phone so you'd have to guess from his speech slurring. And that was after he already blabbed to the Washington Post. I don't think it's reasonable to expect the news media double check to make sure material witnesses in secret ongoing investigations tripping all over themselves to get in front of the press are definitely 100% sober

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I guess I missed another of Trump's Warboys dying historic on the fury road

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I get the ethics issue here. While probably legal, it's not exactly ethical.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Did everyone see that Sam called into NY Mag late last night after all his TV?

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/sam-nunberg-on-his-media-spree-and-his-message-for-trump.html

A highlight...

When you were asked that question on the air — were you drinking, or are you okay — were you offended?
    Was I offended by it? You know what I was offended by was that Erin Burnett begged me to go on her show, and I think that Erin Burnett asked that question because earlier in the interview, I said Sarah Huckabee [Sanders] should shut her fat mouth. I wasn’t talking about how Sarah is fat, I was talking about how she’s a big mouth. And I would really suggest she stops talking about me and Roger.

Didn’t you call Sarah Huckabee Sanders a slob?
    Yeah, I called her a slob. She is a slob!

One of the documentarians for Get Me Roger Stone the Netflix documentary has said that Nunberg is struggling with substance abuse. So things make a lot more sense through that lense.

Another highlight
    Sam Champ wrote:

Trump would not have won that election without Steve. Not with his stupid-ass son-in-law. You know what Trump’s falling is gonna be? Trump’s falling is gonna be that Trump is loyal and won’t do anything to his stupid-ass son-in-law, who, by the way, is a thief that stole money from him.

I wanna know! Here’s what I wanna know! And I think in the interest of transparency we should know what Brad Parscale took from the 2016 campaign and if he gave any money to Jared Kushner. I just wanna know it! Maybe I’m wrong! Who knows.

Fucking WHAT?

Captain Inertia on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Nunberg doesn't seem to have anything but rumors, but holy shit the rumors he's slinging are way more intriguing than anything else we've seen.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Did everyone see that Sam called into NY Mag late last night after all his TV?

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/sam-nunberg-on-his-media-spree-and-his-message-for-trump.html

A highlight...

When you were asked that question on the air — were you drinking, or are you okay — were you offended?
    Was I offended by it? You know what I was offended by was that Erin Burnett begged me to go on her show, and I think that Erin Burnett asked that question because earlier in the interview, I said Sarah Huckabee [Sanders] should shut her fat mouth. I wasn’t talking about how Sarah is fat, I was talking about how she’s a big mouth. And I would really suggest she stops talking about me and Roger.

Didn’t you call Sarah Huckabee Sanders a slob?
    Yeah, I called her a slob. She is a slob!

One of the documentarians for Get Me Roger Stone the Netflix documentary has said that Nunberg is struggling with substance abuse. So things make a lot more sense through that lense.

Another highlight
    Sam Champ wrote:

Trump would not have won that election without Steve. Not with his stupid-ass son-in-law. You know what Trump’s falling is gonna be? Trump’s falling is gonna be that Trump is loyal and won’t do anything to his stupid-ass son-in-law, who, by the way, is a thief that stole money from him.

I wanna know! Here’s what I wanna know! And I think in the interest of transparency we should know what Brad Parscale took from the 2016 campaign and if he gave any money to Jared Kushner. I just wanna know it! Maybe I’m wrong! Who knows.

Fucking WHAT?

Oh shit that's a fucking shots fired moment.

Can you imagine Mueller laying out an indictment of Kushner for stealing from his dad's campaign?

• DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    Nunberg doesn't seem to have anything but rumors, but holy shit the rumors he's slinging are way more intriguing than anything else we've seen.

In my opinion in the Katy Turns interview:
    Every sentence he followed with a that is ridiculous statement probably is a question Meuller asked him.
    Of course I am speculating wildly

steam_sig.png
  • SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    So my question on this Nunberg business is why is searching for and collecting these emails even voluntary on Nunberg's part. Shouldn't they just be seizing his equipment and searching it themselves?

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    So my question on this Nunberg business is why is searching for and collecting these emails even voluntary on Nunberg's part. Shouldn't they just be seizing his equipment and searching it themselves?

If they already have his emails, asking him to provide them voluntarily would be very insightful based on what he chooses to exclude.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

It is not voluntary at all

He has been issued a subpoena which requires him to produce the documents in question. If he doesn’t produce them he will be held in contempt and, yknow, go to jail.

As to why they didn’t just issue a warrant: The threshold for obtaining a subpoena is significantly lower than that for a search warrant. Especially considering he has not been called as a suspect but as a witness. There’s also the possibility they already have copies of the documents from a third party and are looking to see what he actually produces (and what is withheld)

fuck gendered marketing
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular

Rumors torpedo'd hillary's presidential ambitions so I'd hardly write them off as nothing.

Also, having had some time to think this over I'd like to say that yesterday with sam was probably one of the most amazingly self destructive things I've ever seen or heard; I've watched people literally set themselves on fire and was less mystified by what I was seeing as opposed to this man who gaqve one disasterous interview after another, destroying his own credibility and throwing everyone in the administration under the bus.

I will be shocked if this interview doesn't feature prominently in the MAD magazine top 20 stupidest people places or things of 2018.

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »

If they already have his emails, asking him to provide them voluntarily would be very insightful based on what he chooses to exclude.
    Or, hypothetically, very insightful based on whether asking for them leads to him having a complete breakdown on various national news outlets.

Also on the topic of a news media that shows no restraint with regards to interviewing a clearly inebriated man:
    1. He contacted them in order to do the interviews, not the other way around
    2. Given the results of his ramblings we have gained some new insights into the investigation and the sorts of people trump had working for him.

As such I'd almost want to see more drunk people getting interviewed on a regular basis.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Trump has been uncharacteristically quiet about all this. I know he can't be happy about it and yet he says nothing.

It doesn't mean anything in and of itself, but this is the same guy that counterpunches at football players in a Twitter slapfight. So it's curious to me that way more personal stuff is getting slung around and mum's the word.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Trump has been uncharacteristically quiet about all this. I know he can't be happy about it and yet he says nothing.

It doesn't mean anything in and of itself, but this is the same guy that counterpunches at football players in a Twitter slapfight. So it's curious to me that way more personal stuff is getting slung around and mum's the word.

It is a bit weird for no counter to any of the outlandish claims made yesterday.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »

Rumors torpedo'd hillary's presidential ambitions so I'd hardly write them off as nothing.

Also, having had some time to think this over I'd like to say that yesterday with sam was probably one of the most amazingly self destructive things I've ever seen or heard; I've watched people literally set themselves on fire and was less mystified by what I was seeing as opposed to this man who gaqve one disasterous interview after another, destroying his own credibility and throwing everyone in the administration under the bus.

I will be shocked if this interview doesn't feature prominently in the MAD magazine top 20 stupidest people places or things of 2018.

how dare you speak ill of Saint Roger Stone!

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

Has Fox News even reported on it at all?

fuck gendered marketing
  • DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular

It is a bit weird for no counter to any of the outlandish claims made yesterday.

None of was aired on Fox and friends I take it.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS

I'm deeply curious what Roger did to inspire this loyalty in someone else that they have a samurai esque level of dedication to them that involves (metaphorical) suicide.

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular

Yeah he may not even be aware of it yet.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited March 2018

Someone is hiding his phone clearly.

Might have to wait a few days before the explosion.

Though I still don't know if Fox News has covered this yet.

shryke on
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular

That was my assumption, since Nunberg didn't interview with them and they need time to try and spin him drunkenly admitting that they colluded as a win for Trump.

So yeah, he probably has no fucking clue it even happened.

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular

Is Fox News talking about it? If not, Trump probably doesn't even know.

Except we know Trump hate-watches CNN.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

I'm deeply curious what Roger did to inspire this loyalty in someone else that they have a samurai esque level of dedication to them that involves (metaphorical) suicide.

If I had to make a stab at that part, I would bet that those two did something illegal that is completely unrelated to trump or politics but muller would find it because he would have all of his emails

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Trump hearing his name on any network is like the Bat-signal going up.

Trump always responds.

The silence and it's duration are both telling.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Kelly is doing everything in his power to either keep Trump from finding out about this (unlikely), or from tweeting about it.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    If this is Kelly, then he's working overtime, because this would basically be a troll fight.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a "Trump exploded with rage during the radio silence" story a few days from now.

This is also Trump's first crisis without Hope Hicks.

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    "crisis"

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I have to wonder if Trump will ever finally make the transition from "This investigation is a Witch Hunt that just makes my awesome self look bad!" to "Oh shit, I might actually go to jail."

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I have to wonder if Trump will ever finally make the transition from "This investigation is a Witch Hunt that just makes my awesome self look bad!" to "Oh shit, I might actually go to jail."

This would require somebody with the power to do something about it to... do something about it.

Right now I’m sure he feels like he could shoot someone in the middle of fifth avenue and get away with it.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    It would be nice to finally have a legal challenge to the assumption that a sitting President can't be be put on trial, even if it's made fact instead.

Artereis on
    edited March 2018
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    If this is Kelly, then he's working overtime, because this would basically be a troll fight.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a "Trump exploded with rage during the radio silence" story a few days from now.

This is also Trump's first crisis without Hope Hicks.

Without Rob Porter too since it appears like his whole job was to keep shit from making it in front of Trump. Without him I'm unsure how Kelly can manage Trump's "diet".

shryke on
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Also on the topic of a news media that shows no restraint with regards to interviewing a clearly inebriated man:
    1. He contacted them in order to do the interviews, not the other way around
    2. Given the results of his ramblings we have gained some new insights into the investigation and the sorts of people trump had working for him.

As such I'd almost want to see more drunk people getting interviewed on a regular basis.

This is not the topic of this thread so let's put a pin in this tangent.

Would anyone like to work on a new and updated OP for the next iteration of this thread?

PM me if so.

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    This Trump silence has me curious what kind of electronic countermeasures the White House has on site.

See, even standard ones can block both WiFi and cell signals to phones without specific encryption settings. Kelly would know this.

I wouldn’t put it past them to have one near Trump’s room.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Would anyone like to work on a new and updated OP for the next iteration of this thread?

PM me if so.

We have a volunteer for this now. No pressure.

• WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    This Trump silence has me curious what kind of electronic countermeasures the White House has on site.

See, even standard ones can block both WiFi and cell signals to phones without specific encryption settings. Kelly would know this.

I wouldn’t put it past them to have one near Trump’s room.

They should pull a Halpert and just give him "a new Twitter app" that's just a text file called "TrumpTweets.txt" for him to type into.

This discussion has been closed.