As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Russia/US Investigation thread] More indictments, Schiff memo released

1919293949597»

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »
    This Trump silence has me curious what kind of electronic countermeasures the White House has on site.

See, even standard ones can block both WiFi and cell signals to phones without specific encryption settings. Kelly would know this.

I wouldn’t put it past them to have one near Trump’s room.

They should pull a Halpert and just give him "a new Twitter app" that's just a text file called "TrumpTweets.txt" for him to type into.

He needs the validation. He'd be watching the news for reactions.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The House Russia probe continues to be omnishambles.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-lawyer-michael-cohen-received-inside-info-from-russia-probe
    Trump Lawyer Michael Cohen Received Inside Info From Russia Probe
    On Dec. 19, 2017, a former staffer for Sen. John McCain named David Kramer testified before the House intelligence committee behind closed doors. He’d played a role in bringing the salacious and unverified Steele dossier to the FBI’s attention, and members peppered him with questions about it.
    A few days after Kramer’s testimony, his lawyer, Larry Robbins, got a strange call. The call was from Stephen Ryan, a lawyer who represents Trump’s longtime personal attorney Michael Cohen. Cohen is facing scrutiny from Special Counsel Robert Mueller and congressional investigators regarding potential coordination between Trump’s team and the Kremlin. He featured prominently in the Steele dossier—the document that Kramer handled—and is currently suing Buzzfeed for publishing it.

Ryan told Robbins he reached out because someone from the House told him that Robbins’ client, Kramer, had information about the Steele dossier that could help Cohen.

Robbins declined to help. Ryan then asked Robbins not to tell the House intelligence committee about their conversation.

Robbins told the committee anyway. CNN reported in February that Robbins wrote a letter to the committee complaining about leaks to another client’s lawyer. The Daily Beast can now confirm that this letter was regarding Stephen Ryan and Michael Cohen.
    Not suspicious at all.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    This Trump silence has me curious what kind of electronic countermeasures the White House has on site.

See, even standard ones can block both WiFi and cell signals to phones without specific encryption settings. Kelly would know this.

They should pull a Halpert and just give him "a new Twitter app" that's just a text file called "TrumpTweets.txt" for him to type into.

This would work but only if they populated it with bots to like and retweet him.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    So the idea is to bury Mueller in crimes to prosecute huh

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular

"Our Crimes will blot out the sun!"

"We'll prosecute in the shade, then."

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

This would work but only if they populated it with bots to like and retweet him.

Outsource to Russia

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

Well there's already a trial slated for September, hopefully Mueller can fill the airways with indictments and trials and convictions and plea bargains from Good Friday to Black Friday.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »

He needs the validation. He'd be watching the news for reactions.

Given how many of his followers are bots, I can't imagine it'd be hard for someone to code up something that draws from the spam praise he has received on other tweets in the past. It'd probably look pretty legit without much trouble, having that much of a data set to draw from.

But seriously, it is a little weird how little we've heard out of him recently.

Not sure if old man is ranting at clouds whoever is in the room, or other shoe is about to drop...

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    He's been tweeting about his stupid tariff, and how DACA ending is totally not his fault the last couple of days, just nothing on this

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    EDIT: Wrong Special Council! haha...heh...

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's on topic because I don't know if it's a different special council or what - but are Mullers people the ones who today said Kellyane Conway violated the Hatch Act and recommended she be punished?

And Trump said no she didn't and I guess that's that.

No. That was the Ethics Committee. Who has the power to say "hey don't do that" but if you scream loud enough at them that "they are not your mom". All they can do is sit down and go "okay"

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's on topic because I don't know if it's a different special council or what - but are Mullers people the ones who today said Kellyane Conway violated the Hatch Act and recommended she be punished?

And Trump said no she didn't and I guess that's that.

No. That was the Ethics Committee. Who has the power to say "hey don't do that" but if you scream loud enough at them that "they are not your mom". All they can do is sit down and go "okay"

Yeah, not on topic in here.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Apologies! Deleted.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    I wrote this and it was in drafts while I caught up on the thread. Goddamn.
    Let’s be real here. Gates could be as innocent as a spring lamb in a meadow and he’d still have to take the threat seriously. It’s not like the Russian mafia in Boston are going to be clued in on what he’s done any more than the rest of us are. I don’t think they have close ties with the Kremlin.

Kiiiiiinnd of...

Russia does their organized crime assets a little bit differently for us. The Feds are more than happy to put you into indentured servitude for a plea if you get caught hacking, but you usually still see some jail time and you don't get to continue your illegal activities or you definitely see jail time.

Russia just kind of uses their organized crime as informal contract employees. As long as their crime functions in certain parameters and doesn't make the government look bad, they leave them alone as long as they moonlight as their intelligence agency. My understanding is this also applies to wetwork but I am less familiar with that side of things.

But because carding and other consumer and retail based financial fraud is a huge slice of the Russian Mafia's portfolio, and because a lot of that requires local assets it doesn't seem at all out of the realm of possibility that the Russian Mafia would want to kill Gates. Especially with the way people Putin wants dead just keep ending up in the wrong place at the wrong time, and other people keep getting rewarded for it. Putin doesn't have to give the word or anything.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Stand by.

This discussion has been closed.