As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Agents of [The Division] - Directive 51 remains in effect

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Not yet no, this is just from the weekly State of the Game thing so WIP, but a good start.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Yeah, one of my main complaints right now is that you get way too little div tech.

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Targeted Caches are a good idea.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Will the Underground be included within the next event?

edit: though I guess it's not because it's technically DLC and could be gating? hmm... nevermind.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    I, too, really like Underground and am sad every time a GE completely ignores it. There's still hope for next time, I suppose.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    When is the next GE, anyway, is there a date?

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Not yet, but probably sometime in March I reckon. It'll be Outbreak again as well, so chance to get (I think?) Striker and a couple of others that aren't bad like Lonestar.

7qmGNt5.png
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Can you get classified gear from the 200pc gear caches you can buy?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • fsmith1fsmith1 Registered User regular
    Well, I reinstalled this last night and hadn't played since just before Incursions came out. Was just shy of the top world tier, equipped some gear so I've been at World Tier 5 for the past day or so and have been looking for gear. Did my first Resistance map which was kinda confusing with randos but seemed okay. Guess I should try hopping in the DZ again? I was running 4 Deadeye 2 Striker for a bit, now 4 Hunter's Faith 2 Striker with the M700 Carbon that's on vendors. I hear that Predator's Mark is good and I should have enough pieces to get it up to 4 but I'm pretty sure my pieces are all lower gear score. Things seem cool I guess?

Global Event returns this weekend, precise timing not announced yet

7qmGNt5.png
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Global Event returns this weekend, precise timing not announced yet

*snip-twit*

Hrm...guess I picked the wrong week to vacay in Hawaii (didn't load Division onto my laptop). Oh well, at least I thought to bring my Xbox with me.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    Ok, so Global events will run every weekend in March

Also, watching some twitch stuff will get you a handful of the cosmetics keys

2_twitchdrops_header_319865.jpg

(might need to register as follows)
    Visit drops-register.ubi.com
    Visit twitch.tv/thedivisiongame and watch at least 20 minutes (continuous viewership not required)
    Receive a Twitch notification stating you received a reward
    Visit the “Reward Claim Vendor” in-game to redeem your skins

No word yet on a date for the Classified drop rate increase and changes to DivTech drops that were mentioned last week. Hope that there's not going to be a huge gap between this extravaganza and the repeat of the cycle though, I can see one a month being about right for GEs, it'd be a shame if they go back in the cupboard for ages.

7qmGNt5.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Wait so are they just streaming 24/7 from the 2nd to the 30th or is there a schedule?

edited March 2018
    As far as I can tell it's not 24/7 but I can't really see a schedule either*, which is about what I'd expect. Hopped on for a bit this afternoon and got all the shotgun kills I needed for the Chemist mask so now my Agent is in max hazmat mode.

8H1R9ld.jpg

Not entirely fussed about grinding a load of caches, but fingers crossed to pick up the last Deadeye pieces I need with the few I can manage.

*Apparently, the stream starts at 3pm EST/8PM UTC

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    Is there a list of the mask goals somewhere?

There is in the game, under commendations, each event has 3 earnable, you can tell which as they have the little mask icon. Outbreak is : Kill a shitload of Cleaner bosses (Trench mask, sort of WW1 looking thing), Get 150(170? but I got the mask at 150) Head shot kills with a shotgun at close range (Chemist mask, which is the one I have there), Get a load of Team-up head shot kills (CBRN mask, don't have that as it's a multiplayer one). All 3 AFAIK require World Tier 5, Hard or above, Critical or Severe outbreak, so you have to do them in missions like Armhersts apartment and so on.

7qmGNt5.png
    Awesome, thanks!

Though close range shotgun kills on severe or critical might get ugly

It's not too bad if you chip them down to ~25-30% hp with an AR or something and then go and pop 'em with the shotgun. Nomad probably helped a lot though, that extra hp is very handy.

7qmGNt5.png
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    They do not advertise the appear change option at all.

I only found it by accident.

Nice that it's free though.

Move to New Zealand
    For the division thing do you have to watch a live broadcast?

• rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Do the GE credits reset between events, or could I conceivably stock up this weekend to spend them next weekend?

Yes, afaik. Just needs to be open and playing though, so I had it running in another tab with the sound off
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Do the GE credits reset between events, or could I conceivably stock up this weekend to spend them next weekend?

You can stock them, up to 10k

7qmGNt5.png
    edited March 2018

Yes, afaik. Just needs to be open and playing though, so I had it running in another tab with the sound off

You can stock them, up to 10k

They started a stream up at ~3:45am for me this morning, so I loaded up the page and watched about 10 seconds of it to make sure it was playing fine, and went to bed. Woke up and no cipher keys or anything.(edit: oh hey, look at that! the notice saying I received the keys showed up an hour ago...so there's a bit of a delay there, but it does work when you have the stream open but are away)

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    My only attempt at the GE stuff on challenging so far went hilariously pear-shaped... with the shield guys rolling death waving my group at the start of the camp mission... so bad. gonna try this again but man...

• chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I played this with some friends when it first came out, and loved it, but haven't touched it since a few months after release. I'm just curious what I'd be getting myself into if I were to jump back into the game, playing only solo. Is the game tuned well for solo play now? I think I had one more story mission left, and don't have any of the DLC. Would getting the season pass give me a lot of fun stuff to do, or is there lots to do in the base game with daily missions and stuff now?

chuck steak on
    I played this with some friends when it first came out, and loved it, but haven't touched it since a few months after release. I'm just curious what I'd be getting myself into if I were to jump back into the game, playing only solo. Is the game tuned well for solo play now? I think I had one more story mission left, and don't have any of the DLC. Would getting the season pass give me a lot of fun stuff to do, or is there lots to do in the base game with daily missions and stuff now?

DLC adds:
    Survival mode: Fun in a group or solo, completely different than the normal game. Takes a single session of 30m - 1h to complete.

Underground: Random dungeons with different objectives. Kinda like Diablo rifts. Solo or in a group. 15 minutes for the smallest one, 45 minutes for the largest. Unless on a timer you can take small breaks in this one.

PVP: No idea, you can't pay me to pvp in this game.

Almost all the content is soloable, but like most games it's more fun in a group, and allows you to branch out from the 2 or 3 viable solo builds. It's not like you get better gear from group content.

Even the challenging missions can be solo'd if you have good gear and know what you're doing, but I find it tedious to do so. For the daily challenge mission the group finder works quite well.

Move to New Zealand
    edited March 2018
    My only attempt at the GE stuff on challenging so far went hilariously pear-shaped... with the shield guys rolling death waving my group at the start of the camp mission... so bad. gonna try this again but man...

I'm actually enjoying these modifiers. Wouldn't want them to be permanent, but that last fight on the refugee camp, with 4 agents standing in a row mowing down hordes of axe wielding exploding psycos gets quite epic.

Certainly mixes up the gameplay more than the exploding modifier, and much less annoying than the keep still/spread out one.

Though they have been quite trolly with the new spawn locations for this one.

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
    Roommate and I decided how bad could Legendary be so we ran Napalm.

Turns out it's bad.

Bad.

Really Bad.

We finished it but we went through like 6 pubbies and it took about an hour and a half

• KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Legendary missions are great fun, but you definitely want a group on voice. They're a great measuring stick for how well you work as a team. I cannot imagine doing it with pubbies.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    My experience with the camp mission on challenging was not making it past the first area :P

I liked the cover GE, and didn't do the explosions one. This one is okay... but would rather just play other games, so I didn't really participate in it.

• Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    Alright I give up. I tried really hard to get a classified lonestar set and I've done so many legendary missions.

But the loot system is really punishing, I think I have something like 3 classified backpacks, 4 gloves, 4 knee pads... And I'm pretty sure I've gotten most of the other two classified sets. But not a single lonestar vest or holster.

edited March 2018
    Um...is it just me, or does it seem like Ubisoft really doesn't want to hand out any of the freebies for watching The Division's twitch stream? I mean, every morning I wake up to a new Twitch notification telling me that TheDivision went live at 3:45am (I'm in Hawaii right now...but even if I were at home, that'd still be 5:45am).

EDIT - guess the twitch stuff is geared more for their UK/EU players at the moment...maybe they'll stream for the NA crowd later on in the month.

Erlkönig on
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Um...is it just me, or does it seem like Ubisoft really doesn't want to hand out any of the freebies for watching The Division's twitch stream? I mean, every morning I wake up to a new Twitch notification telling me that TheDivision went live at 3:45am (I'm in Hawaii right now...but even if I were at home, that'd still be 5:45am).

EDIT - guess the twitch stuff is geared more for their UK/EU players at the moment...maybe they'll stream for the NA crowd later on in the month.

I work from 11am to either 6pm or 8pm Central time so what I did was have the window open to their Twitch stream and then just refreshed it before I went to bed and again before I went to work and I got a lot of freebies

Oddly I didn't get in on the first stream by doing this but I think that was Logitech's fault because their software has apparently had a random memory leak they haven't fixed for like a year and a half and it's finally hit my machine.

Speaking of which... yup 4.1GB of RAM usage and climbing. Good job Logitech.

Anyone have the deets on this weekends GE?

Anyone have the deets on this weekends GE?

There's a good breakdown of it here https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/82rjtk/global_event_assault/

7qmGNt5.png
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    The Division 2 is on its way and we'll get our first look in a couple of months at E3.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/8/17096280/tom-clancys-the-division-2-announcement-launch-date
    In today’s livestream, Gerighty confirmed the sequel.

“It wasn’t an easy decision, but there are so many stories and so many experiences that we wanted to explore within the world of The Division that we felt a sequel was the best way to explore these things,” he said.

Mathias Karlson, the game director, added that “It’s an incredible opportunity to take all of that learning, all of that experience from what The Division is today and put it into a new game.”

Gerighty said more will be revealed at E3. Yannick Banchereau, the community manager for the game, said no other details, such as a launch date or other features, will be revealed until then.

only picked the game up recently but i'm interested to see what improvements they make with the sequel and what(if anything) they've learned from the Destiny 2 debacle.

https://news.ubisoft.com/article/an-announcement-from-massive-entertainment-on-the-division-2
    We're thrilled to announce that we are working on Tom Clancy's The Division 2, and that development will be led by Massive Entertainment in collaboration with Ubisoft Reflections, Red Storm Entertainment, Ubisoft Annecy, Ubisoft Shanghai and Ubisoft Bucharest. The Division 2 will be powered by an updated version of the Snowdrop engine that enables us to realize our ambitions for the sequel, but more importantly, we're also taking everything we learned over the past two years and applying it towards the sequel to make sure we get it right.

Part of that means recognizing your commitment to The Division. With that in mind, we're adding a new type of achievement called "Shields" to the game. Earning them will unlock special rewards in The Division 2 when it launches.

hmmm pls no raids!

tbh the main thing they could learn from Destiny 2 (as an outsider to that game and the first one) is don't remove features with the update, at the very least Division 2 should be exactly on par with the current game in terms of range of activity, loot drops etc. Ideally for me, it'd be basically a MMO expansion pack, where you fork over some cash and get to move your character into the new area, keeping all their stuff and unlocks etc. Ofc your gear would be outdated pretty quick, but it's the principle of the thing.

7qmGNt5.png
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Y'know if you asked me a month or two after launch if I would be looking forward to The Division 2 I'd have been all, "meh". Now though? Yeah I'd probably Day One it.

The amount of improvements they've made since launch have been quite good. The game went from something of a dud for me to one of my more favorite looter-shooters. If their commitment to making The Division actually good over the last two years is any indication to the effort they are putting in to the sequel you can color me excited.

The only thing I truly hope they redo, if nothing else, is the DZ. Now don't get me wrong I enjoy PvP in these types of games a lot, but the DZ has issues that can make it very unfun. IMHO simply standardizing stats for everyone who enters the DZ would go a long way to increasing my enjoyment. Basically if you enter a level 10 DZ you become level 10 and everyone has the same stats, but you still keep all your skills and talents you've acquired. Sure if you are solo you're likely to be bushwhacked by a group, but that is a risk I'm fine with. What I'm not fine with is being in a full group of friends and getting stomped by a solo Rogue whose gear far outmatches what my group and I as casual players could ever hope to complete with. Basically when it comes to PvP in these types of games I highly value people being on a fairly even playing field (weapons/skills notwithstanding).

Sadly the Devs have been on record numerous times saying they don't believe in doing that and that the DZ "will always be a dangerous, unpredictable place and inherently unfair place". IMHO though there is a difference between "fun" unfair and "I no longer have any desire to play this game mode" unfair. DZ currently leans towards the latter for me.

So we'll see what happens. Either way I'm very likely to buy it at launch.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    edited March 2018
    Oh hey, April brings some more content as well (via todays state of the game thingy), plus the drop rate changes
    Legendary Missions

With Update 1.8.1, we will get two new Legendary missions, that will join Napalm Factory, Warrengate Powerplant and Time Square.

Amherts Appartment
    Grand Central Station

Global Events

In addition to the four already established Global Events - we will get two new Global Event with new modifiers.

Global Event 5 – Blackout (April)
    Global Event 6 – Onslaught (May)

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    The Division 2 is on its way and we'll get our first look in a couple of months at E3.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/8/17096280/tom-clancys-the-division-2-announcement-launch-date

It wasn’t an easy decision, but there are so many stories and so many experiences that we wanted to explore within the world of The Division that we felt a sequel was the best way to explore these things,” he said.

Mathias Karlson, the game director, added that “It’s an incredible opportunity to take all of that learning, all of that experience from what The Division is today and put it into a new game.”

Gerighty said more will be revealed at E3. Yannick Banchereau, the community manager for the game, said no other details, such as a launch date or other features, will be revealed until then.

only picked the game up recently but i'm interested to see what improvements they make with the sequel and what(if anything) they've learned from the Destiny 2 debacle.

"I just don't know Bob. We've spent two years fixing this game into something that's now generally acclaimed by press and fans. Should we maybe try making fat stacks of money off this?"

Wraith260 wrote: »

It wasn’t an easy decision, but there are so many stories and so many experiences that we wanted to explore within the world of The Division that we felt a sequel was the best way to explore these things,” he said.

"I just don't know Bob. We've spent two years fixing this game into something that's now generally acclaimed by press and fans. Should we maybe try making fat stacks of money off this?"

"Of course not are you fucking insane, Brad? Now then for Division 2 we're going to make the entire game the DZ. Story missions? DZ. Base of Operations? DZ. Tutorial area? You better believe DZ. Also my character will be invulnerable and have all the best guns and armor and..."