As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    exciting stuff

that Jinteki operation is super intriguing

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    You have no idea how excited I am to blow stuff up with Lizzie Mills and GET PAID TO DO SO.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    mushin into the jinteki op seems awesome

• NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    It is interesting that they are doing another big box. I assume this means there are a lot of Core + TD players out there who only but the occasional data pack, which makes sense. The shaper runner seems pretty strong.

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    I actually think she seems weak

Could be kinda interesting with that event that stops players from bidding 2 on psi games.

Means you can just run, bid 0 and the corp has to bid 1 or you get a free multiaccess

the 12 influence though... that is a downer

• FryFry Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Could be kinda interesting with that event that stops players from bidding 2 on psi games.

Means you can just run, bid 0 and the corp has to bid 1 or you get a free multiaccess

But aren't you happy if the corp bids 2?

DJ Fenris to copy "Scumbag" Steve Cambridge seems like it could be pretty rude in the right deck.

Fry on
    edited March 2018
    Fry wrote: »
    Anzekay wrote: »

But aren't you happy if the corp bids 2?

yeah but without the ability to bid 2 it means you can run R&D and bid 0 heaps, then bid 1 suddenly and almost certainly get the extra access. they're never gonna bid 2 anyway

Anzekay on
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    If they're never gonna bid 2 anyway, then preventing them from bidding 2 doesn't do anything?

edited March 2018
    look it seemed good at the time

it's entirely jank, don't look at it too hard :P

Anzekay on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    you probably bid 0 with her at least 90% of the time and just hammer R&D

although I think a lot of the time the correct play for the corp, especially on turns where you know she can get in more than once, is to just bid 0 also

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    This is a really good game.

My new LCG obsession is confirmed.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    edited March 2018
    Info just went up about the next organized play kits.

Top 16: Alternate art Kakugo
    Top 2: Alt-art CTM
    Winner: Jinteki click tracker

Did they always refer to it as a "season", though? I think that's new.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    That's a nice CTM to replace that abomination from the Worlds deck with.

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I actually think that CTM art is terrible and would much rather play with the Worlds deck one. *shrug*

The Kakugo is aces, though.

The Devil and the Dragon (next pack of Kitara) has a official release date of 4/5.

persona4celestia.jpg
    persona4celestia.jpg
    bio vault is interesting

it works from any server

It's not directly-related to ANR, but I think it's interesting and worth talking about that they just announced Intro Decks for AGOT. They're full 69 (nice) card decks that are ready to play out of the pack. Curious to see if they do those for anything else.

persona4celestia.jpg
    probably depends on how much of a success they are, but I wouldn't be surprised if they started making them for other games

they also introduced a new tournament format for thrones

the jist of it is that it has sideboards, a first for any LCG

Oh hey, new official playmats.

persona4celestia.jpg
    And there's the UFAQ for Devil & Dargon.

persona4celestia.jpg
    For those starting to prep for Regionals...

persona4celestia.jpg
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I finally found a buyer for my collection. I sold it and used the money to buy a SteelSeries Arctis Pro with the sweet DAC. I'm invested in the world of Android and kept the books but...no more card games for me.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    PMAvers wrote: »
    For those starting to prep for Regionals...

I hope this is a future of good communication from FFG!

Whispers in Nalubaale, pack #5 of Kitara, has a US release date of 5/3.

persona4celestia.jpg
    And apparently ads for R&R are starting to show up. One was in GTM, and had a new NBN card in it.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Huh, looking through the GenCon event listings, and spotted this FFG event called Happy Hour.

Short Description:
    You just wanted to relax after a hard day at the Base De Cayambe, the space elevator's port district. Exiting the bar, you are accosted by Undercity toughs who believe you have something they want.

Long Description:
    This Genesys adventure is set in the world of Android. Pre-generated characters and all materials required to play will be provided.

...I mean, we knew that a Android book would be coming, but I wonder if it's coming sooner than later.

persona4celestia.jpg
    so Netrunner is finally a big deal, I guess

that was so hard to watch

• LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    They posted on the NY Netrunner Facebook group looking for people to be extras in that scene.

At the time I was disappointed I had a couple meetings I'd be missed at and couldn't take that random Thursday off, missing a chance to be on TV.

But now I'm pretty happy not to be associated with that scene in any way, lol ;-)

"Do you want... access?"

No but really that whole bit was deliciously awkward. The overt explanations of what each player was doing (I don't think I've ever heard anyone explain Adonis Campaign so explicitly), the weird flirting dance of words, how the emotions of the main character get expressed even when they see Birbiglia's character, the awkward Jerry West reference.

And yet they got a lot of the staging right - cards used, token types, in general Netrunner players explaining what they're doing. A guest list is basically a pre-reg list, right? And fancy-dress wine-bar Netrunner is a thing that needs to happen now.

apparently they used D'argenio as a consultant, I think he also lent them some of the props (you can see a top 16 worlds mat, for example)

I thought he was in the background as well, although you might not realize it's him due to having sleeves.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Yeah, he's definitely in the first scene chatting with Birbiglia's character. In the establishing shot in between that and the one-on-one match apparently he and Jason Deng are at the top table playing each other.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    They got all the costs and mechanics right, which already puts it several levels of realism above any depiction of something like actual hacking TV has managed. It was kinda cringey but the point of the scene isn't to depict a game of Netrunner accurately (though mechanically they did that), it's to develop whatever dramatic plot point needed to be developed. They could have done it with chess or risk or something but it's neat they did it with Netrunner.

"I modelled for this" will no doubt become an ironic catchphrase of a significant proportion of the player base.

Yeah, I think both "Bold." and "Nice." are also going to become references now amongst the Netrunner memesters.

yeah I think the only catchphrase I like is "Bold" as a response to an IAA

• NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Huh, looking through the GenCon event listings, and spotted this FFG event called Happy Hour.

Short Description:
    You just wanted to relax after a hard day at the Base De Cayambe, the space elevator's port district. Exiting the bar, you are accosted by Undercity toughs who believe you have something they want.

Long Description:
    This Genesys adventure is set in the world of Android. Pre-generated characters and all materials required to play will be provided.

...I mean, we knew that a Android book would be coming, but I wonder if it's coming sooner than later.
    I don't know what they would do with a Android book now after they released the Terrinoth book. It turned out to be overwhelming background which is fine, got Android already has that with the World's of Android book. Honestly at this point I think they should just release a 20 page booklet of rules with no background.