As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Toxic Masculinity

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Toxic Masculinity

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    So he played it? I’m pretty sure he played it.

Oh Christ I looked this up and whoooooo boy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HS6R2Q7eRdg

Make the right choice? Dude compliments you while flanked by two bored and dead eyed models. Wrong choice? No models, just a disappointed pick up artist.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    I am all for (bad) AMV but this looks looks not even bad in a fun away.

D083uBC.jpg
  • RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »

Make the right choice? Dude compliments you while flanked by two bored and dead eyed models. Wrong choice? No models, just a disappointed pick up artist.

My favorite part is the Commander Shepard dance at the end.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I thought that was already out? There was a big wave of people on Youtube playing that stupid game a few weeks ago.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • lionheartssjlionheartssj Bartertown Chief Merchant BartertownRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018

I was unaware of the game, so thanks for posting this. Saved my search history.

lionheartssj on
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    You'd think someone with a last name that means "ruin it" (he's of italian descent, not hispanic) would pick a better stage name before starting a career in giving people advice on their love lives.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Urgh.

Uuuuuuuuurgh.

Gross.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Hawk oneHawk one Registered User regular
    Now I'm having to de-contaminate my PC just for having the P**** M***** name showing up on it. Thanks a lot, Mike&Jerry. I'll send you the invoice for my exorcism.

But signatures don't really work, do they?
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular

Wait, so DON'T rub my balls in public? Dammit, why isn't this stuff taught in sex ed?

• JackJack Registered User regular
    Yes. "Models". Definitely... models...

• PeriSoftPeriSoft Registered User regular
    It's obviously just a better-looking retread of the original NES Seducer.

Tycho wrote:
    Sending us one code for Super Seducer may be regarded as misfortune; sending two looks like carelessness.

I have long suspected, and am now quite sure, that Tycho is a confirmed and secret Bunburyist.

• InvaderZimInvaderZim Registered User new member
    I love how the trees in the background are being blown around by the rotor wash of the helicopters overhead.

• OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    I just keep thinking of the Prince of Persuasia from Bob's Burgers.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    My fave line from Tycho's post was the Wargames ref.
    (WINNER: NONE)

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9UeCN83OQw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Lf5_FHKPY

The dude has exactly the kind of ego you'd expect from someone who unironically makes a game called Super Seducer.

I've watched some streams of it, and although there are a number of occasionally funny meme responses that seem primarily to pander to Twitch stream chats, true to its name the "intended" path is about gaming women into further encounters primarily by choosing what responses they most want to hear, like a sleazy real life-focused version of a Bioware protagonist.

• NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I guess calling it "Sexual Predator: The Game" would've negatively impacted sales.

Nightslyr wrote: »
    I guess calling it "Sexual Predator: The Game" would've negatively impacted sales.

Still, it was way better than Sexual Predator 2.

And let's not even go into Sexual Predator vs. Neg Aliens.

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular

Sexual Predator is already the name of my predator erotic fanfiction.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Hey don’t disparage Predator aliens here AFAIK they have a culture of strictly consensual relationships and abhor pick up artists.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    I struggle to imagine the level of self-delusion required to enjoy a game like this unironically

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    I struggle to imagine the level of self-delusion required to enjoy a game like this unironically

Teenagers, man.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • SkyscraperSkyscraper Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    If this was a gay (either way) pick-up simulator, SJW reviewers would love it.

''Thought-provoking''
    ''In sync with the current zeitgeist''
    ''Will challenge what you thought you knew about your own sexuality''

But I understand why they can't get behind a straight white guy picking up chicks for sex. Too vanilla.

Skyscraper on
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Yeah, no, "SJW" will not love a game in which you approach random people on the street, attempt to make them touch your butt, and then lure them back to your skeevy sex den where you systematically calculate the best false persona to allow you to have sad, unfulfilling sex with them and then dump them on the doorstep like a sack of potatoes. Whether you're doing this to women, men, children, or dogs, it's going to be fairly upsetting.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    As an SJW who loves gay romance video games: Ha ha, nah Skyscraper. Turns out being a creeper translates regardless of your sexuality or gender presentation.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    Skyscraper wrote: »

''Thought-provoking''

But I understand why they can't get behind a straight white guy picking up chicks for sex. Too vanilla.

This might come as a surprise to you, but gay guys dont like getting harassed by creeps any more than straight women do.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Boca Raton, FLRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    It looks like... live action Booty Call, but unfunny.

I can't believe I'm admitting to having played that; yes, it's an extremely misogynistic game that sends the wrong messages in case there's any doubt. However, it wears its intent on its sleeve: it's not intended to be taken seriously, I hope.

This one is just... wrong. Cringe level 9,000.

Phaserlight on
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    RPS created a supercut showing how horrible Super Seducer is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospEVgkBoSo

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Ravelle wrote: »
    I am all for (bad) AMV but this looks looks not even bad in a fun away.

After playing Contradiction, I wished for some more movie-games with British people who are not conventional actors.

In hindsight, I should not have wished that on that monkey's paw.

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Read a few articles about the author. The level of cognitive dissonance he conveys is kind of astounding. :bigfrown:
    He's just completely unable to comprehend why his game is being accused of being 'skeevy' or 'rapey'. Yuck.

(edit) Also: 'Dick' 'The Ruiner'. At least he's living up to his name.

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
    darkmayo wrote: »

Sexual Predator is already the name of my predator erotic fanfiction.

Have you heard my new band name, Deterministic Sex Machinery?
    http://chainsawsuit.com/comic/2013/06/20/more-pua-pro-tips/

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Also, someone made the point that this goose released his "game" on International Women's Day.

Because if you're gonna be a dick, you may as well go big.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    Skyscraper wrote: »

''Thought-provoking''

This is a nuclear take.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Steam had the gall to recommend this to me yesterday because I play indie games. I needed an "extra not interested" button in puke green.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
    Steam had the gall to recommend this to me yesterday because I play indie games. I needed an "extra not interested" button in puke green.

Geez, I don't know. I feel like getting a recommendation is kind of like hitting rock bottom. I think it'd make me do some real reflecting on what I'm doing with my life.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »

Geez, I don't know. I feel like getting a recommendation is kind of like hitting rock bottom. I think it'd make me do some real reflecting on what I'm doing with my life.

"A loli game? Ok steam ok I'll get into therapy you don't have to shame me like this."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8ZVqsu9cmk

Sony refused to sell the game on PSN.

• DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

The quotation marks shouldn't be around "pick up", they should be around "game".

• Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

Womp womp! This is PSN, which will gladly have games so bad even Steam rejected them.

• DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Djiem on