As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

RoeRoe Always to the EastRegistered User regular
edited February 2019 in Games and Technology
1080x1080_website.png
Ubisoft revealed The Division 2 for PC and Xbox one X. To take place in Washington DC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PMW8Lu80EE

PC version detailed. Game is Launching in March 2019. PA player list for The Division 1.

https://youtu.be/ktNvh63KkQQ

New news about Division 2 reveals Beta in February.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EHspN2Btfk

News about beta:
The beta starts on February 7 at 1 AM PT / 4 AM ET / 9 AM GMT / 8 PM AET, and lasts for precisely four days.
As you'd expect, publisher Ubisoft says the beta will include a taste of what to expect in the final game. Two main missions are playable, along with five side missions and "additional activities in the open world." Three new Dark Zones will show off The Division 2's brand of PvPvE action, while you can sample the more organized PvP gameplay in a Conflict game mode named Skirmish.

oHw5R0V.jpg
Roe on

• PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Probably one of the games I was most hopeful got a sequel.

I’m excited to see what lessons they learned from release and the other loot grind games released since.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Not going to make the same mistake and get the super expensive version at launch.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Given current trends, I assume 100 agents parachute onto the island of Manhattan with the goal of being the one that extracts the Chicken Dinner sample out of the Dark Zone to help create a cure?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Given current trends, I assume 100 agents parachute onto the island of Manhattan with the goal of being the one that extracts the Chicken Dinner sample out of the Dark Zone to help create a cure?

Nah that's already a thing in The Division.

edit- And it is actually pretty fun!

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    It is? Hmmm...I bailed out after they released that first "raid."

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    I am both looking forward to seeing what the devs do with the sequel as they have been pretty great but also worried what sort of additional loot crate monetization bullshit gets added.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    My biggest hope is if part two, takes place on the West Coast.

That both Seattle and LA are the areas chosen.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I kinda want either Chicago or Detroit.

It just wouldn't be The Division if it wasn't a frozen hellscape IMO.

edit- Toronto might be fine too, but I just assumed most of the people there died because they kept giving their food to those without in a vicious cycle of charity.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Toronto actually makes a much more logical choice for the sequel. Being in close proximity to NYC also would be a great Main campaign of part two;
    The hunt for Aaron Kearney and any former rouge Division Agents, that may have bailed NY, are hiding out in Toronto or Montreal since it’s Ubisoft’s home.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I'm interested enough for them to wow me but at the same time I was really disappointed with the original so I'll be waiting and seeing.

Dragkonias wrote: »
    I'm interested enough for them to wow me but at the same time I was really disappointed with the original so I'll be waiting and seeing.

they really improved the game as they got going.. well everything except Dark Zone, that is still pretty damn ganky.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Not many people talking about this game. There was a trailer at e3 Microsoft conference and the game looks great as ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s83Pbxvzku8

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I'll keep an eye out but I'd be lying if I didn't feel a bit burned by the first one.

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    The gameplay trailer is... okay. Seems pretty similar to Division 1 in how it looks and plays, including the abilities on display and the enemy behavior, but because the biggest issue with The Division was lack of content at endgame, I think that's okay.

Apparently, TD2 is being developed "with an 'endgame-first' mentality," which is good to hear, as long as it's something more than lip service. Given that Massive seems to have learned a lot during the course correction of TD1, I'm optimistic.

Some features being touted:
    -New classes and progression trees, including some that only unlock after the campaign
    -Eight-player raids (!)
    -Clans
    -Dark Zone
    -Warring NPC factions
    -"A full year of free additional story-driven missions, map expansions, and gameplay modes" (!!)

Source.

I'm down with a year of free DLC, for sure. That's how you engender goodwill and make up for season passes that people regret from TD1.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I'm hoping for some QoL updates, tbh. Better inventory management is my top one, but I think being console-focused will make that difficult.

Will be curious to see how they handle the DZ with all the lessons learned from TD1.

edit: Gameplay trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdPlH5RE_WU

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hrm. They're laying it on a little thick with the 'what if the enemy was FROM WITHIN', but that might just be my political biases in action.

I didn't get into D1, but some friends did, and they felt kinda burned with how it all played out (partially based on the rough launch/rollout/support, partially due to internal sorting shenanigans, basically a hotdog/hotdog bun situation).

Looks solid but I can't imagine snapping it up without glowing reviews from a lot of people here and elsewhere.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I just want to be able to wear that Juggernaut outfit that Elite was wearing in the trailer, along with my Ballistic Shield.

Sirialis on
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Ubisoft presser is live and they're talking late game specialization, raids and post launch support. all year one content completely free!

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Looks like the Rainbow 6 model of free stuff, but with purchased "seasons"? Not sure.

I want to hear more about the Shields business from D1 that supposedly give bonuses in D2, character copy? (probably not) etc

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    Looks like the Rainbow 6 model of free stuff, but with purchased "seasons"? Not sure.

I want to hear more about the Shields business from D1 that supposedly give bonuses in D2, character copy? (probably not) etc

there's more Division 2 stuff in the post stream, and we've still got the rest of the week for details to filter out.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    hmm

I kind of enjoyed the first division because of some cheeky busted mechanics and i could make a girl who looked like she should be in a techno club in berlin circa 2002

i hope they deal with the build diversity issues the original had

obF2Wuw.png
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I think my main desires would be:

1) better skill trees/build diversity

2) a TTK in PVE that's maybe like, 20-30% lower? Basically more individual enemies with lower health rather than bullet sponge bad guys.

3) Pipe dream: A more alive and dynamic world map that was about being a firefighter for the problems of the city.

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Jackfrags played a bit of the demo level and uploaded the video (with his thoughts and comments added on top). In general: feels like Division 1, enemies felt less bullet-spongy (though that may not be indicative of the final released product), looks great, is warily hopeful for the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbIEqzLDEEo

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    The division to me always had good atmosphere, and gameplay. The issue they had was they left exploits in that let players get way way ahead of others in gear progression, not understanding how to build a gear progression, and nothing to do at end game other than darkzone which was a cluster fuck.

I want to believe Division, I've heard you've gotten better, I want to believe! I mean the cinematic trailer hits me in the feels. Right in the feels.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    My issue with the Division was that the end game at release was the Dark Zone, and I am not a fan of PvP, and my first couple of experiences was going through a door and being ganked as soon as I loaded in. Since it seems that Division 2 has a real PvE end game, I'm in.

PSN|AspectVoid
    so MS had one of the Division 2 leads on their Inside Xbox show and they started off talking about the Shields for Division 1. screenshot is to big to post unfortunately* but you can all check out the vid yourself. starts at around the 2h15m mark. Shields will be added to the game on the 14th of June with 4 to earn in the first month and then 1 per month right up through Feb 2019. and they're retroactive, so anything you do prior to the 14th will still count as progress towards them

https://youtu.be/48_RexU9hqk

*that might be don't to me being jailed

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i want face customisation and body customisation and hair customisation

the REAL features

obF2Wuw.png
    I am curious about the shield rewards, likely will reinstall to check out the requirements etc

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Give me the ability to wear a huge wooly scarf, trapper hat, puffy jacket and snow boots in the hight of summer you cowards!

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    I'm confused shield rewards?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote: »

they're introducing a thing called 'Shields' to Division 1. earning them over the next few months will unlock rewards in Division 2.

They are implementing rewards for the first Division that will unlock stuff in the sequel. That starts in a couple of days, who knows what sort of requirements need to be met, they are retroactive apparently so there might be ones that you could have unlocked already or maybe its new stuff as well, likely a combination of both.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    edited June 2018
    ahh thanks bros.

That'll get me to dip back into the division again.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    The division to me always had good atmosphere, and gameplay. The issue they had was they left exploits in that let players get way way ahead of others in gear progression, not understanding how to build a gear progression, and nothing to do at end game other than darkzone which was a cluster fuck.

I want to believe Division, I've heard you've gotten better, I want to believe! I mean the cinematic trailer hits me in the feels. Right in the feels.

Division 1 has gotten waaaay better as far as progression goes. To the point where it's guaranteed as long as you're doing the dailies/weeklies for div tech and you participate in the global events for classified chests. The best part is you can almost totally ignore the Dark Zone as far as progression goes.

Burning 50 divtech lets you upgrade the gearscore of an item. each daily gives you a chest with some drops and 25 div tech. Each weekly gives you 100. Granted one of the daily/weekly is for Survival mode which can be super hit and miss on getting a match to pop but even without those we're talking 75 div tech a day (combat, DZ and crafting daily) and another 200 each week (regular weekly and underground weekly) both of which are doable solo if need be. So that's what, 725 div tech a week? You also get a hundred in your supply drop which is a free chest twice a month at a little spawn that will show up out in the main map somewhere.

Now you'll note I kinda contradicted myself there because yes I'm including the DZ dailies and the regular weekly also has one DZ goal as well, but those are usually things like "Kill 10 Cleaners" or "Collect 3 div tech" for the dailies and the weekly doesn't get much harder than things like killing some named enemies or some elite (gold) enemies. Some can be more of a pain if you're not familiar with the spawns in the DZ but ask in the thread or just PM me and I can tell you where the easiest places are to do all of them are because I think I've probably done every one dozens of times at this point.

The best part is due to the manhunt mechanic they added it's usually super easy to avoid rogues in the DZ. See now once rogues kill enough people they get tagged with a manhunt. To win it they have to go to a specific place on the map and hold it until the manhunt expires. If people kill them they lose and the people who kill them get rewards but if they hold out they get some nice rewards. The reason this is so great is the manhunt locations tend to be out of the way places that are easy to avoid so the game basically rewards rogues for fucking off to some obscure corner of the map.

Which makes me laugh because it's basically timeout with a cookie afterwards.

Long story short it's super easy to progress your loadouts these days.

Oh also you have loadouts so you don't have to start from scratch every time you want to change up your build.

HappylilElf on
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    The first game didn’t grab my attention, but the storytelling potential in post apocalyptic DC is too good to pass up

Firefight in the Air and Space museum with Russian monsters finishing with a super close range boss fight in the Skylab II module yes yes yes

VRXwDW7.png
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I just wish Division 1 has progressed to its current state a lot faster.

With these types of games they really have to pull off a successful product right from the start or they will irreversibly hemorrhage players and never recover. Even if they make really good improvements to the game, like they did with Div 1.

So yeah. I'm hoping that Div 2 can be successful enough to keep people's attention. Because the core gameplay of division is excellent.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »

With these types of games they really have to pull off a successful product right from the start or they will irreversibly hemorrhage players and never recover. Even if they make really good improvements to the game, like they did with Div 1.

So yeah. I'm hoping that Div 2 can be successful enough to keep people's attention. Because the core gameplay of division is excellent.

Yeah it was rough in the beginning. But then one of the devs pretty much flat out admitted the reason the DZ was the only place to progress in the end game is they, as in the dev that was talking, wanted to be able to gank people.

So... yeah.

Thankfully they realized how asinine that was and fixed it.

My biggest fear is they don't realize that things like underground, dailies and weeklies, and raid instances need to be in on day 1.

There needs to be stuff to do and there needs to be a lot of it or people are gonna move on just as quickly again. This is my biggest fear for Anthem as well.

all these mmos get released with "just enough" content and whats funny about it is that its like... this strategy has NEVER not been regretted

obF2Wuw.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Give me the ability to wear a huge wooly scarf, trapper hat, puffy jacket and snow boots in the hight of summer you cowards!

In DC? In Summer? Ick.

Al_wat wrote: »

Yeah it was rough in the beginning. But then one of the devs pretty much flat out admitted the reason the DZ was the only place to progress in the end game is they, as in the dev that was talking, wanted to be able to gank people.

So... yeah.

Thankfully they realized how asinine that was and fixed it.

My biggest fear is they don't realize that things like underground, dailies and weeklies, and raid instances need to be in on day 1.

There needs to be stuff to do and there needs to be a lot of it or people are gonna move on just as quickly again. This is my biggest fear for Anthem as well.

I'm hoping folks have been looking at Destiny 2 shoot itself in the foot and are taking notes.