As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

StarCraft: Rumors of Starcraft 3 where as real as a full night's sleep.

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Stephano still plays??

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    yeah! he did a sort of "I'm retiring but I still play and would you look at that I'm so good that it doesn't matter if I don't practice much"

but now apparently he's back to practicing for real

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    How long is it going on for?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    looks like 3 days total but I'm not positive

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    looks like 3 days total but I'm not positive

Do you know about how long each day? I'm not back at my computer yet...

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I've been watching GSL Code S on the YouTube vods but haven't followed anything else. I'll check it out!

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    yeah! he did a sort of "I'm retiring but I still play and would you look at that I'm so good that it doesn't matter if I don't practice much"

but now apparently he's back to practicing for real

Aye he's been streaming pretty regularly. I've caught one or two sessions recently.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Yeah I keep seeing Stephano show up or at least get mentioned in a number of events

WingedWeasel on
  • CauldCauld Registered User regular
    There have been some good player intro videos put out for this. I really appreciate the effort they put into the story lines. I only watched a few games after the superbowl ended last night, but I did enjoy them. The production quality at IEM is always pretty high. I think the decision to have it in Pyeongchang right before the Olympics with no studio audience is interesting. Kinda feels like the whole tournament is being held in a few hotel conference rooms or something.

I may watch some of the VODs, the hours are just too brutal to watch too much live.

• CauldCauld Registered User regular
    I watched some more of this last night and will watch a rerun of the grand finals tonight probably even though I already saw the results. Overall, the tournament was super fun, just wish it was shown at a better time for me.

• EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    Can't believe no one has mentioned that Scarlett FUCKING WON A TOURNAMENT HOLY SHIT fucking YEAH

iG3kv1d.png
    yeah! very convincingly too.

• EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    So fucking happy for her. Long time coming!

iG3kv1d.png
    I'm glad Scarlett won as well. Looking forward to the rest of the year

Scarlett played in GSL tonight. I won't spoil... ro16, the only group to have played if you're looking for VODS later (though there will be more soon)

• Osiris5217daOsiris5217da Registered User regular
    An ancient evil approaches. Good to see this forum still has craft going 11 years later.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Read on article on Kotaku about Scarlett's success in GSL lately. Standard stuff, highlighting some small strats and things she does to get ahead.

What was truly great was the comment section. When the inevitable transgender joke or comment came up, almost the entire comment section blew up on the person. It's that sort of thing that maybe, just maybe, we can be a kinder, more accepting society in the future once all the old fucks have died off.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited February 2018
    Scarlett played in GSL tonight. I won't spoil... ro16, the only group to have played if you're looking for VODS later (though there will be more soon)
    Oh my god! Such convincing wins (and over Innovation!)

Her play was super solid, and her micro was great

And it was just, it was way too adorable when she gave a shout-out to her friend, and then he gave the camera a big smile and two thumbs up

kedinik on
    Scarlett will be playing soO in the ro8

not to paint that as remotely easy but she was hope hope hoping for a ZvZ so that's great news. She might have ended up against Alive or TY (terrans) who, while very different, are equally frightening. TY for his determination and steady hand, Alive for his unpredictable and intense play.

the bo5 is almost 3 weeks away as ro16 has to wrap up this coming week, then some time off (this is usually in there for practice I believe, but there may also be IEM Katowice in there... not sure exactly when that falls), but it's great that due to her being in group A and the way GSL arranges its seeds she has that much more time to prepare for her matchup and her specific opponent

my mind automatically goes to 'she's already accomplished plenty to be proud of' and wanting to list all that soO has accomplished but fuck that! not this time! hot off a recent win and dominance rarely seen from -anyone- in GSL let alone a foreigner, there's no need to couch support for Scarlett in anything but confidence!

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I heard about Scarlett's recent awesomeness and woops I'm watching some VODs for the first time in like four years

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    I heard about Scarlett's recent awesomeness and woops I'm watching some VODs for the first time in like four years

I think the most impressive thing about Scarlett’s play isn’t getting me to watch SC2 VoDs again, but making me watch Zerg. That’s impressive!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    IEM Katowice is going on right now

Maru just won an absolutely unwinnable game by pulling SCVs. I actually put my hands to my head. unfuckingreal!

I haven't done well keeping up on this tourney, it's been mostly qualifier type games all week so it's just been hundreds of games getting through an open bracket to groups. the groups were I think the last 2 days, those had some better games (as in more high profile matches consistently and I expect the games were better since the players weren't in marathon mode) but I couldn't catch those either. may try and go back and watch some vods of them for the reasons I said

so now as of today it's down to 12 players in an actual final bracket. ro12 has only 4 matches as 4 players are seeded into ro8 from the groups so the other 8 fight to get into the ro8 (... whew)

anyway here's a link for anyone curious how the whole tourney got to this point, personally I love stuff like this http://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/IEM_Season_XII_-_World_Championship

all of this brings me too, I'm finally tuned in live as of today, and after 3 bo5s I get to watch a Terran and he delivers just what I want to see... the thinnest defense against drops, blink, and dark templar only to turn around and win with flawless raven control, mine hits, and scv use.

damn that felt good hahaaahaha

edited March 2018
    followed up with losing to the most obvious proxy which I've seen everytime I've watched that matchup on that map. daaaaaaaamn. game 5.

(it was proxy stargate -> void ray + shield battery. brutal)

edit - :D

for context, Maru is the only remaining Terran in GSL right now (it's in ro8). he just got to ro8 in this tourney where he's 1 of 2 terran (along with TY).

this has happened before, where watching Maru made Terran feel OP and everyone else made it look like you couldn't win a game as Terran. it's always a fun period because the Maru wins are so insanely dramatic.

edit - Serral is the ro8 foreign hope in this tourney and after falling down 0-2 he came back with the reverse sweep and is moving on to ro4. wild. I actually missed the games because I was so sure it was over.

Variable on
    co-op is weird. i haven't had this for a long time, but once in a blue moon there is some super try hard person who immediately has to start in on why the commander i've chosen is wrong or how the fact that i'm not in triple digits means that we are fucked because blah blah blah

i mean c'mon 99 times out of 100 everything is trivially simple

regardless the mode is a lot of fun, and being mother fucking godzilla (dehaka) doesnt get old

• BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    Unless you're logged on with another try-hard in order to try-hard together, I usually tell them get bent. I'm there to have fun, not be min-maxed by some rando I have no interest in speaking to ever again.

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
    i usually just put them on ignore. i must admit it is a little motivating in the "oh yeah? well fuck you" sort of way where i feel the need to prove it is fine. it's jsut weird to me that people care. in some instances i can sort of understand. there are some mutators that are real ball busters, but the one i just played was on the "survive for 30 minutes one" and all they did was spawn extra guys when they died. oh and they set the ground on fire when they die.

so...just micro your guys. i dunno

So I logged into SC Remastered but didn't see anything come up with regards to the free stuff you're supposed to get for the 20-year anniversary.

I also logged into D3.

I thought both of those were live as of 3-6?
    Free loot just for logging in?

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Overwatch has a Kerrigan skin for logging in between the 6th and the 20th. Hearthstone has a Starcraft themed event next week. No idea what else they're doing.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    So I logged into SC Remastered but didn't see anything come up with regards to the free stuff you're supposed to get for the 20-year anniversary.

I also logged into D3.

The skin in remastered isn't available until the end of march. Some of the other game rewards are available sooner.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
    Yilias wrote: »
    Overwatch has a Kerrigan skin for logging in between the 6th and the 20th. Hearthstone has a Starcraft themed event next week. No idea what else they're doing.

Didn't know that. Ghost Widowmaker or Zerg mercy?

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Kerrigan Widowmaker which is a reskin of Nova Widowmaker.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    edited March 2018
    skyknyt wrote: »
    MMMig wrote: »

I also logged into D3.

The skin in remastered isn't available until the end of march. Some of the other game rewards are available sooner.

Huh, their website says March 6th for SC Remastered.
    BEGINS MARCH 6

Log in to StarCraft: Remastered after March 6 to receive a commemorative 20th Anniversary UI Skin for StarCraft: Remastered.

Some of the other game freebies are:
    Kerrigan Ghost Widowmaker - Overwatch
    Hellish Battlecruiser pet - D3

More detail here, but apparently it may not be accurate. =)
    https://starcraft2.com/en-us/sc20/?utm_source=sc2-20th-anniversary-retention-20180306&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=marketing-na-retention&utm_content=button-link-lets-celebrate

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
    Oh so it does, I must have been thinking of the WoW one!

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    Found it, if you go into Game in Options you can pick the console type:
    lqbsqzp7hqev.png

Tycho wrote:
    Damn I don't have the BlizzCon 2017 one...

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    Man I’ll have to log in.

Is that still good?

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
    I believe so!

The 20th anniversary console for Remastered was a bit weird though.... it's too bright where you can barely see the unit info.
    I turned it on for the very last mission I had left to do, which was the Kerrigan finale.

I also just noticed that the score screen shows your average APM.

57..... -_-'

then again I spent half the game screwing around ^^

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    Spawningtool now has co-op builds, so I decided since the Swann build they have shown is for temples of the past and the mutator is that map I'd give it a try.

I don't get Swann.

I went 1-1 but I don't think I like how Swann plays. Maybe it was the mutator since his laser was mostly awful as it kept trying to autotarget broodlings, which would die nearly instantly meaning the laser would forever retarget for the most part. The mech units are kinda slow so dodging the fire trails was more taxing than usually and you can't siege tanks up as they will get cooked. It could just be this specific mutator but I just don't really like him.

Going to try out some of the other builds. In general I feel incredibly inefficient in co-op because as I've said many times before it usually is not very challenging. I'd like to change that now that I've been freed of the shackles of they are billions.

• BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    If anyone has an interest in watching Brood War, but hasn't been keeping up with the new season of ASL, they're running an actual island map and shit is nuts.

First, it uses mapmaking trickery to give Zerg access to additional gas geysers that the other two races are incapable of taking advantage of. There are also neutral Lairs dotted throughout the map for Nydusing.

Second, just the existence of a real island map in the professional scene has produced bizarre games. There was a PvP where both players went hard on Corsairs and Carriers. The climactic fight was so bright and blue on the screen that it was difficult to tell what was going on. The entire game was a beautiful trainwreck. At one point Artosis commented "I've been playing this game for 20 years and I've never seen anything like this before."

Two out of two zergs so far have advanced out of the round of 24 on the map, which is amazing considering island maps aren't run because zerg are supposed to be terrible on them. There has been a lot of Queen and Devourer play, and even an Infested Command Center. Lots of Protoss are depending on Dark Archons.

BloodySloth on