As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MLB] The Stove is HOT

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Goat asked someone to post his pick:
    1doiyinatsng.jpg

Eric Thames

@admanb

Goose! on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Adman took Jacob Fariaqmbe910ojs8z.jpg

I'm taking

PROSSIONAL ATHLETE LUIZ GOHARA

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

Is this the brother from season 2 of Justified?

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    n1105hu3m7f6.jpg

Sure I'll take the risk on Ian Desmond in the 17th round.

Zen's turn

Goose! on
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    admanb wrote: »
    Jacob Faria

maxresdefault.jpg

Raijin Quickfoot

Is this the brother from season 2 of Justified?

Bless this reference.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    We're waiting on He Who Fucks Winston

• Options
    Zen picks

338xj7atgwn7.png

"Where's the Beef" Welington Castillo

@Schide

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Hector Neris

EIrFlr8.jpg?1

@Raijin Quickfoot

• Options
    YOLO

Delino Deshields

48fen4dpxnf9.jpg

@PizzleStixx

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    o1ei5w8i8hoa.jpeg

Marcus Semien

@Angry

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    DvxDYAC.png?1

Angry picked Blake Treinan

ppduUNQ.png?1

Forty Two picked Josh Hader

@Hjorvarthr is up

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Cole Hamels

cole-hamels1.jpg?w=640

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    wrong person, @Jasconius

• Options
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/8/17093960/mlb-the-show-18-trailer-rtts-progression-system

Dammit. I'm gonna buy this again after saying I was taking a year off.

• Options
    Also, post more so we can get rid of Delino. Creeping me out.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/8/17093960/mlb-the-show-18-trailer-rtts-progression-system

Dammit. I'm gonna buy this again after saying I was taking a year off.

I already pre-ordered it

• Options
    That sounds really good

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    That addresses major problems I have with virtually every career mode, so I'm willing to give that a shot. I will want to see how quickly stats progress compared to performance, because I do think that one of the big issues with modes like this is that you can be good enough at the game to outpace your character growth and end up in a situation where you get called up to the big leagues, but your attributes are too low so you just sit on the bench and never get better. But it sounds good! And removing microtransactions from the mode entirely should allow them to design the mode around actual gameplay rather than trying to force you into buying your way through

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Shit y'all actually gonna make me buy a PS4, aren't you?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    That addresses major problems I have with virtually every career mode, so I'm willing to give that a shot. I will want to see how quickly stats progress compared to performance, because I do think that one of the big issues with modes like this is that you can be good enough at the game to outpace your character growth and end up in a situation where you get called up to the big leagues, but your attributes are too low so you just sit on the bench and never get better. But it sounds good! And removing microtransactions from the mode entirely should allow them to design the mode around actual gameplay rather than trying to force you into buying your way through

This was such a big problem in previous versions that I started doing pitching only. Especially with the adaptive difficulty they use. I'd crush the shit out of everything, until it inevitably got to HoF level, and then I'd turn into Bob Ueker for a month while I waited for the difficulty to drop down again.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I remember the trick in '10 was just "be a first baseman and rake in a million free points for putouts, while they only expect you to put points in hitting which makes it easier to get even more points." Was 99 in everything by like age 22 in my second year of the majors, won every MVP award ever while hitting .460+ and averaging like 55 homers (barring one season I went down to ~.430, but also broke the single-season Home Run record. Which is still really goddamn hard to do.)

At least, that's when I was playing it basically all the time in High School. I came back to it after a few years off and kept up a much more reasonable line of like .330/.450 with 40 or dingers, which clearly means I'm now old and bad at videogames. Tried many times to get a pitcher off the ground but never had the patience to grind through the like six years of minors that required (at least if you're bad like me).

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    The trick to hitting in The Show is to do what the pros do. Take amphetamines.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    hmm... that was not my big gripe about RTTS... i don't see this as that much of a change... your player will still operate in basically the same manner he used to, but you'll just cap out at a certain point

i guess it will be more realistic, you'll probably have to play harder to be an all-star, but i dont know if that was what the game was missing

they redid fielding a couple years ago and I think hitting needs a redo... especially analog hitting, which I guess is a secondary mode now but is still my preferred way to play

• Options
    Jasc picked Arodys Vizcaino but didn't post it and Zen takes Austin Hays, its @Maximum 's turn

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Maximum took Chase Anderson

I take Brad Peacock

Y0QUaC0.gif

@FortyTwo

• Options
    FortyTwo's new baby has selected

qts7uqovdtfk.jpg

Jackie Bradley Jr.

@The Escape Goat

• Options
    Austin Barnes

y4wwczr3v94z.jpeg

@admanb

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Scooter Gennett

gennett_scooter_8ypg3sr2_qzx71wij.jpg

@PizzleStixx

• Options
    Pizzle is on the road and asked me to post his pick

7j2ym1808w8w.png

SCOTT KINGERY

@Angry

• Options
    A likely story...

• Options
    Yeah.

Angry isn't around, but he told me that he wanted me to pick Pablo Sandoval for him.

• Options
    I CAN POST THE DISCORD CHAT LOG!!

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    I'd like to welcome Kevin Kiermaier to my open DL spot.

7941903.jpg

@FortyTwo

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
  • Options
    Hai guys!

If you’re wondering. My second son was born yesterday morning - we are all home now and I am on my first watch. All are happy and healthy.

I’ll be up periodically most nights

• Options
    Andrelton Simmons

cut.jpg

@Goose!

• Options
    Congrats again, Forty!

Alright, let's go prospect fishing:

oi6g3aw64r4n.jpg

Fernando Tatis Jr.

This discussion has been closed.