As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Point to Sign. That’s [Wrestle]mania!

MagellMagell Detroit Machine GunsFort MyersRegistered User regular
edited April 2018 in Social Entropy++
There are many wrestling promotions around the world and the one thing all the best promotions have in common is The Kentucky Gentleman Chuck Taylor.

He's the PWG Champion, he's friends with little Kazu, and best friends with Greg. He's also a former tag partner of Kenny Omega who is in a pretty popular tag team with Kota Ibushi which despite all the subtext, text, and overtext isn't about how they are lovers despite their tag team name.

So feel free to post your favorite things about Chuck Taylor and I guess other wrestlers.

r3njb3ac68tr.jpg

Whippy on

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular

Chuck Taylor's Japanese Adventures are going great. Also, Chuck is definitely a full member of Chaos now, right?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I don't know apparently he also said on commentary he's not sure Gedo knows he's a member of Chaos.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    ROH Anniversary PPV spoilers
    To the surprise of no one? Bury the Bear was Kenny

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    dammit I was googling pictures of Rick Steiner for a thread OP

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    I thought Chuck was pretty good on commentary.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    FIRST!

FastLane
    WWE Champion AJ Styles vs. John Cena vs. Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn vs. Baron Corbin vs. Dolph Ziggler (Six-Pack Challenge Match)
    SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos vs. The New Day
    SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair vs. Ruby Riott
    United States Champion Bobby Roode vs. Randy Orton
    Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Rusev
    Becky Lynch & Naomi vs. Natalya & Carmella
    PLAY USING THIS FORM

Season Standings
    Up to date including Elimination Chamber.
    1 Masamune42 703
    2 Dyvim Tvar 664
    3 MyNameIsWalrus 657
    4 AlphaRomero 656
    4 Invectivus 656
    6 Legacy 651
    7 Sprout 633
    8 Nirya 625
    9 Schide 618
    10 PwnanObrien 614
    11 Hjorvarthr 612
    12 hailtothekale 608
    13 David_T 604
    14 Bloodsheed 601
    15 Grobian 581
    16 411Randle 573
    17 Radius 553
    18 Dex Dynamo 550
    19 ChillyWilly 540
    20 SanderJK 531
    21 Sweeney Tom 527
    22 Magell 526
    23 CSStheGr8 521
    24 Nothing 516
    25 Never Die 509
    Full Standings

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    *cracks knuckles* now to blow my lead in humiliating fashion. WWE Champion and Wrestlemaia headliner Baron Corbin, you say?

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Picks:

FastLane
    WWE Champion AJ Styles vs. John Cena vs. Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn vs. Baron Corbin vs. Dolph Ziggler (Six-Pack Challenge Match)

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Chuck Taylor is the best wrestler in the world and he's in way better shape then Tyler Black.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Chuck Taylor is the best wrestler in the world and he's in way better shape then Tyler Black.

How can you tell? He seems to always be wearing a suit.

101281420025267.jpg

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Dustin is such a powerful mood conduit on commentary

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Picks:

FastLane

Same, except for the last one. Also I'm guessing Cena takes the fall to continue the "fall" part of The Rise And Fall Of Big Match John. Or Fall And Rise, I guess is the play.

I also went super-obvious with the Smash Brothers question. Giant Gonzalez.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    I went with Cena taking the fall, as well, and for the same reasons.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    How am I even second? I have no idea what I’m doing, and not just in the picks tbh.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    So I’m watching Progress Wrestling a lot now and their only rule for fans at shows is telling for me.

Don’t be a dick.

It’s painfully obvious I’ve failed at that in the wrestling threads. And I’ve come to the realization that I’ll just do it again because I can’t help myself. So with that said, I’m voluntarily perma-banning myself from all wrestling threads as a deserved punishment. I’ll still post in other threads on this forum though. So one final apology to everyone here I’ve been a dick to, keep enjoying this wonderfully weird and wacky thing we like.

Peace out.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    dammit I was googling pictures of Rick Steiner for a thread OP

You got to do what I did and make the thread. Then google for pictures

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I am so not confident in my picks. Fastlane is the hardest event to pick.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    FIRST!

FastLane
    PLAY USING THIS FORM

Season Standings
    Up to date including Elimination Chamber.

4 AlphaRomero 656
    Full Standings

Holy crap, I'm the Miz.

WWE Title - AJ or some screwy double finish but I'm going AJ. They never rock the boat before Mania.
    SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos vs. The New Day - Usos, setting them up for Bludgeon Bros. Jimmy over Kofi
    SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair vs. Ruby Riott - Charlotte
    United States Champion Bobby Roode vs. Randy Orton - Roooooooooooooooooooooooode
    Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Rusev - Shinsuke
    Becky Lynch & Naomi vs. Natalya & Carmella - Becky and Naomi - Naomi over Carmella.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    So I’m watching Progress Wrestling a lot now and their only rule for fans at shows is telling for me.

Don’t be a dick.

It’s painfully obvious I’ve failed at that in the wrestling threads. And I’ve come to the realization that I’ll just do it again because I can’t help myself. So with that said, I’m voluntarily perma-banning myself from all wrestling threads as a deserved punishment. I’ll still post in other threads on this forum though. So one final apology to everyone here I’ve been a dick to, keep enjoying this wonderfully weird and wacky thing we like.

Peace out.

There’s nothing voluntary about it

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    People were dicks to Wirehead way more than he was a dick to others, and it took over a year of the thread shitting on him constantly before he ever started snapping back at people yet somehow he took all the blame, and the fact that he can't even make an apology in peace without someone feeling the need to slap him down is shitty.

• hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Seeing Kaiju in a couple hours!

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    People were dicks to Wirehead way more than he was a dick to others, and it took over a year of the thread shitting on him constantly before he ever started snapping back at people yet somehow he took all the blame, and the fact that he can't even make an apology in peace without someone feeling the need to slap him down is shitty.

Thanks but just to be clear, Sweeney didn’t deserve any of the shit I gave him. That’s all on me.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I don't like to talk about bans and I won't again but I think @wirehead26 is an alright dude

he can be a bit of a "CM Punk chant" sometimes with his pessimism but he has the most stressful job in the world so it's cool

the #1 rule though

Say hello to Kota's evil clone for me

Kota's clone died at NXT Takeover Dallas, every time you've seen him since has been original recipe Kota Ibushi.

Kota's clone died at NXT Takeover Dallas, every time you've seen him since has been original recipe Kota Ibushi.

That's what he WANTS you to think

That's what he WANTS you to think

Pretty sure the first rule of evil clones is never assume they’re gone for good.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    edited March 2018
    He wasn't an evil clone, just a clone! Unless you consider Kota Ibushi between 2010 and 2016 evil.

hailtothekale on
    He wasn't an evil clone, just a clone! Unless you consider Kota Ibushi between 2010 and 2016 evil.

It’s a clone. By definition either the clone or the original has to be evil.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    edited March 2018
    Nirya wrote: »

agree to disagree

The name of this show is "Knowing is Half the Battel" and after each fighto they're doing a PSA about what we learned from that fighto.

Holy shit Doctor Cube just cut a promo trying to turn all of the neighborhood school children against each other. And then he said "Don't trust anyone! Especially your parents!"

hailtothekale on
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I didn't know Dr. cube was a face

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    Nirya wrote: »

Also he walked away from a man being held captive against his will

Kagetsu is the Stardom Champ! Really! No you don't need to take a look at her belt.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    Hana's face at the end killed me.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    For a week or so after I started getting in interest in wrestling again in late 2013, I would read RAW recaps and see the name Reigns mentioned a lot. I assumed that WWE brought back Luther Reigns and for some reason he was getting a mega-push.

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Well damn, the new thread's not even more than a page old, and here Wirehead's banned again (albeit voluntarily).

These threads just lack something when he's not around.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    Well damn, the new thread's not even more than a page old, and here Wirehead's banned again (albeit voluntarily).

These threads just lack something when he's not around.

His ban was stated to be a permanent one last thread

This discussion has been closed.