As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[2018 East Challenge Coin] Coins are arriving in your mailboxes!

• MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    Have you tried wrapping your money around a brick before throwing it? I hear that helps.

You, my good sir, owe me a monitor.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    This is gonna be a great looking coin!

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • drakuldragondrakuldragon Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Unplugged was my first pax and I didnt get in on the coin. This one....this one I need though.
    Also any chance to get an unplugged one again from anywhere?

b3dyisb2mkd7.png

DOTS RPG Project - Guild Master Jess | @dotsrpg

• SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Unplugged order form should still be up in the unplugged thread, color is all that's left of them.

Just went over there and ordered 2 coins. Missed out on the regular ones.

• ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Alrighty, Kiddercorp has sent this off to the factory, where they'll do the required tweaks to be production worthy.
    DcoLMTt.jpg

The Rex breaking out of the ring is amazing.
    And last years coin leads me to believe that the cloud texture will be a fair deal less conspicuous than the art makes it appear.

Okay, that ended up looking awesome!

ironysparkles on
    UyhWici.png
    edited March 2018
    Ladies and Gentlemen, after far too long, here it is!
    The Order Form!

Production artwork behind spoiler
    Color
    h3kS6tZ.jpg
    Regular
    NK04Gq8.jpg

SutibunRi on
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Ordering after my paycheck on Friday! I know it sounds silly at $8 a coin, but I just bought some new power tools for woodworking, so I'd prefer to wait for more income.

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • std73std73 Extra Life Guild President Weymouth, MARegistered User regular
    Thanks! Paid

PAX-signature-20.png
    THROWING MONEY WORKS NOW! <3

erdub14zr3u2.png

• SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    And ordered... Thanks as always @SutibunRi for putting another coin together. Much appreciated.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • nomisronomisro Brooklyn, NY, USARegistered User regular
    Got my ordered in. Thanks @SutibunRi

• gregchick1gregchick1 Registered User regular
    Just wanted to thank the organizers - this is my 3rd year ordering coins for my nephew and I - PAX has become an annual tradition and the coins are the main merchandise we have year-after-year. Well done!

• ScoJoMoScoJoMo Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Putting in my order for 5 color coins tomorrow. Yearly tradition. Thanks again, @SutibunRi!

ScoJoMo on
  • zRychzRych Registered User regular
    Will be ordering a bunch on Friday!! Can't wait to see them in person!

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    damn that looks good

• LuckyMarleneLuckyMarlene CaliforniaRegistered User new member
    edited March 2018
    Both options are great! Looks like I’ll be getting both. :biggrin:

LuckyMarlene on
    zv5hcyx6xjc3.png

• jonathanflaviusjonathanflavius Registered User regular
    ordered! Yay!

• OlimantiumOlimantium CTRegistered User regular
    First time jumping into the forums. Ordered two coins. Is there a confirmation? Timeframe?
    I paid and sent in the form. Thanks in advance. Cheers!

Order placed. I didn't think I would want both, but the detail on the non color is beautiful.

That's a damn fine coin, I must say.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• ScoJoMoScoJoMo Registered User regular
    7 Color coins ordered.

• eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    Ordered my two :)

This one really should be awesome lookin!

0j92muX.png
  • ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    Woo! I'll be placing my order maybe tonight. This may be the first time I prefer the color coin?!

Thanks, @SutibunRi, they look beautiful as always!

UyhWici.png
  • XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    Ordered placed! Thanks again for keeping a colorless option. :)

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • KorvasKorvas Registered User regular
    Sorry if this has already been asked, and answered, but is there any chance they will do a reralese of last year's coin? I ended up missing out on them, and I know in the past they did rereleses on past coins, just thought I would check. Thsnks.

Korvas wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been asked, and answered, but is there any chance they will do a reralese of last year's coin? I ended up missing out on them, and I know in the past they did rereleses on past coins, just thought I would check. Thsnks.

We haven't done rereleases so much as had a few extra batches made to deal with demand within ~2 weeks of the PAX in question.

With that said, I tend to order myself some extras for just this occasion. If you send me a PM we can work out a time to meet at PAX and I can sell you a couple of my spares.

Korvas wrote: »

We haven't done rereleases so much as had a few extra batches made to deal with demand within ~2 weeks of the PAX in question.

With that said, I tend to order myself some extras for just this occasion. If you send me a PM we can work out a time to meet at PAX and I can sell you a couple of my spares.
    SutibunRi... the man, the legend, the hero...

Hey folks,
    The coins might not make it in time for East.
    Getting the production artwork sorted and approved put us on a tight schedule, and the factorys first attempt at making the die for the landmark side wasn't up to kiddercorps standards, they're reworking it now.
    I'll be disappointed if they don't make it in time, but I'd rather get a great coin a bit late over a mediocre one on time.

• zRychzRych Registered User regular
    Put in my order for 6. Can't wait to see how they turned out!

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Dropping an order first thing after I get paid next week.

Hello, paycheck. Goodbye $15. Now we wait.... me time... ahhhhhhh

Coins ordered :)

edited March 2018
    So, I just looked at the number of coins ordered so far (for the first time since the form went up)

43 Regular.
    80 81 Color. (Woo!)

Other random facts.
    13 14 people ordered only color coins.
    3 people ordered only regular.

And 2 people haven't put in their full shipping addresses, woo!
    Wonderful, they replied to PMs immediately! Addresses are all good for now!

SutibunRi on
  • SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Its amazing how many coins are sold yet how few participate in the creation :)

Unless the few here are buying large amounts of coins. I mean I did buy 6 myself.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
    Sepioth wrote: »

Unless the few here are buying large amounts of coins. I mean I did buy 6 myself.

This. 5 for me. :biggrin:

erdub14zr3u2.png

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Sepioth wrote: »

I generally buy 2 of each coin (2 color and 2 regular now) for myself for display reasons and then 1 coin for everyone in my group going and one for a friend and my cousin that I only see at PAX. Last year that meant I ordered I think 12 or 13 coins.

• nsanensane That guy with the face. Registered User regular
    Just put in my order. 4 uncolored coins.

wK2XwhV.png
    PAX East 2018: Passes [X], Hotel [X], Airfare [], coin []
  • shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Ordered three. One for me, one spare, and one for my T-Rex obsessed four-year-old little girl.

• Jer1ch0Jer1ch0 Registered User regular
    Umm, I am in Canada - is it really 15 USD for delivery??? If so I am out - that is a little nuts. Any chance I could buy and pick up when I get to PAX from someone? Would love the color coin but 26 USD for one of each is a little high.

dr5jolvtc9bn.png

Jer1ch0 wrote: »
    Umm, I am in Canada - is it really 15 USD for delivery??? If so I am out - that is a little nuts. Any chance I could buy and pick up when I get to PAX from someone? Would love the color coin but 26 USD for one of each is a little high.

If @SutibunRi doesn't mind me adding another color coin to my order, I'll hook you up! I'd hate for someone to miss out on the awe that is Scrabble Rex.

erdub14zr3u2.png