As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A new [minecraft] thread? A new [minecraft] game? A new [minecraft] OP? What?

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Speaking of power, does the silly 'more storage than you will ever need' draconic evolution RF storage have diminishing returns as it fills? My core refuses to charge past 2.1B despite having capacity for 59.3B. Haven't tried upsizing my power generation to see if that wiggles the needle.

Hmm... apparently there's an issue in SkyFactory 3 with the DE energy ball and Flux points where the Flux points stop transferring energy once it hits 2.1B? https://github.com/brandon3055/Draconic-Evolution/issues/924

So if you're using Flux points to fill the energy ball, that might be it. One person got around it by using DE energy relays between the Flux point and the energy acceptor on the ball, a picture of it is near the bottom of that page.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Filling empty drawers in general wasn't really a big fuss, my biggest issue was where it was grabbing empty drawers for stuff that was already in a drawer on the same controller block, which is behavior I'd not encountered in a previous SF run where I was using EnderIO as my primary centralized storage access means. The lack of an Existing Item Filter on RS's external storage interface was just a cherry on top.

That being said, unless I am missing something obvious, my frankensteined EnderIO/Refined Storage rigging has hit a snag, in that I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get this system to stuff shit into the RS storage drives, because once something from RS moves to a non-RS system, putting it back into the RS system hits the top of the priority chain and it just loops. Might try air gapping the disk storage onto an independent RS network accessed via an external storage plug, assuming it lets you.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Filling empty drawers in general wasn't really a big fuss, my biggest issue was where it was grabbing empty drawers for stuff that was already in a drawer on the same controller block, which is behavior I'd not encountered in a previous SF run where I was using EnderIO as my primary centralized storage access means. The lack of an Existing Item Filter on RS's external storage interface was just a cherry on top.

That being said, unless I am missing something obvious, my frankensteined EnderIO/Refined Storage rigging has hit a snag, in that I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get this system to stuff shit into the RS storage drives, because once something from RS moves to a non-RS system, putting it back into the RS system hits the top of the priority chain and it just loops. Might try air gapping the disk storage onto an independent RS network accessed via an external storage plug, assuming it lets you.

You get more storage using a that external storage bus thing on a storage drawer controller in the middle of a 11x11 storage drawer slab than you could from an entire drive bank full of drives. for much much cheaper to boot.

Just lock the damn drawers so things dont get put in random places.

and when you get a new item, manually take the first one and put it in the storage drawer..cause it wont eitherwise, as its locked.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Also, look up the storage drawer recipe for tape. You can use it to move the drawers around without losing their contents, which makes it easy to disconnect them from the drawer controller network if you want to change the contents without worrying about the refined storage system from messing with you while the drawer is unlocked.

• Options
    Make a villager meltery and you'll be able to make enough emerald upgrades to store billions of items in your drawers ,heh

• Options
    You can put more than one upgrade into a drawer.

• Options
    LD50 wrote: »
    You can put more than one upgrade into a drawer.

Yep, fill all the slots with emerald upgrades, and maybe put a void upgrade in the last slot.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Honestly I'm mostly fiddling with this as a learning experience, got a friend on the server and he set up all this Refined Storage stuff so now I'm poking at it to see how it works. The crafting automation is super baller, but the item filtering feels weak compared to EnderIO, at least on the SF3 version, could be whatever version is in Direwolf 1.12 has improved on things. Also managing network block pairing is a pain because the transmitters don't have an "I'm not paired" visual so there's no easy way to tell which one out of your rack is the one tied to the receiver you're moving because it tracks the linkage by block coordinates instead of assigning an ID to the block that persists through being picked up like it is entirely possible to do because EnderIO does it.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Thaumcraft 6 for 1.10.2 has entered beta. Looks like it's actually happening after all.

In other news, what's the best way to handle keeping a limited number of a specific type of item in a Refined Storage system? Off the top of my head, I want to keep a small but fixed amount of Obsidian (for lots of stuff, but especially TE ducts), Snowballs (for making Blizz Powder), and Niter (for making cryotheum). I can get Obsidian from Igneous Extruder, Snowballs from Glacial Precipitator, and Niter from Pulverizing Sandstone (but not reliably enough to make it into a Crafter recipe). How do I keep a stock of, say, four stacks of Obsidian and a 64 each of Snowballs and Niter?

• Options
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Thaumcraft 6 for 1.10.2 has entered beta. Looks like it's actually happening after all.

In other news, what's the best way to handle keeping a limited number of a specific type of item in a Refined Storage system? Off the top of my head, I want to keep a small but fixed amount of Obsidian (for lots of stuff, but especially TE ducts), Snowballs (for making Blizz Powder), and Niter (for making cryotheum). I can get Obsidian from Igneous Extruder, Snowballs from Glacial Precipitator, and Niter from Pulverizing Sandstone (but not reliably enough to make it into a Crafter recipe). How do I keep a stock of, say, four stacks of Obsidian and a 64 each of Snowballs and Niter?

Does RS have something analogous to level emitters?

If it does, simply one of those on a igneous extruder, set to send a redstone signal (with the machine set to turn off on a high signal) if there is X amount of obsidian in the network.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Make a villager meltery

god bless this game

I don't know much about RS yet, but when I wanted to do the same with AE2 I had the machines output to some kind of storage, a chest or cache, and then hook that up with a storage bus. Cache fills, machine stops.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Make a villager meltery

god bless this game

I don't know much about RS yet, but when I wanted to do the same with AE2 I had the machines output to some kind of storage, a chest or cache, and then hook that up with a storage bus. Cache fills, machine stops.

I went with the RS Redstone emitter thing for snowballs/obsidian as Buttcleft suggested, and for niter I just made a couple stacks and dumped them in the system for now. I'm running low on discretionary power since I set up my automatic ore processing stuff, so I'm not going to waste a bunch more setting up all the machines for that too.

Material Stonework Factory got a huge nerf too, at some point. Now it needs a Pink Slime Ball. I'm sad, but it's probably for the best; that thing was real good.

• Options
    I'm getting a really weird... well, I think it's got to be a bug... with Refined Storage autocrafting.

I have autocrafting of everything to make Signalum Upgrades. But sometimes, when I request a Reinforced Upgrade and then a Signalum Upgrade shortly thereafter, the Signalum Blend will not deposit into the Induction Smelter and the process will hang indefinitely. Even if I cancel the process and try to restart it, it still hangs up. I'm not exactly sure what's fixing the problem, but it seems to be either requesting just the Signalum instead of the upgrade, or removing all the sub-components of the Upgrade will get it to reset. Other times it works fine, so I definitely have things set up correctly.

Anyone else getting this, and know what I might be doing wrong?

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Question for the group: I'm playing DW20 1.12 on a small server with a few friends. I'm about to put down a rftools builder with a quarry card to start ramping up my resource gathering. So in anticipation of that I decided I should get a starter system to sort out the results of the quarry. Right now I have an ender chest that outputs to a item duct, which sends the ores to a pulverizer/redstone furnace combo and sends everything else toward my bank of storage drawers. The furnace outputs back into the stream of items. So in theory everything ends up in the drawers except for the odds and ends that don't have committed drawers, which go to a crate. The ores and ingots seem to work just fine. My issue is that, seemingly at random, some of my items will skip past the drawer controller and head for the crate even though there is room for them. I tried reducing the stack size coming out of the ender chest, and while that did help a bit, some of the items still skipped their appointed drawer. It will usually send items correctly for a while, but then when it changes items (for example, sending a stack of granite followed by a stack of andesite) it will send the first dozen or so in the wrong direction. Thoughts?

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    I'm getting a really weird... well, I think it's got to be a bug... with Refined Storage autocrafting.

I have autocrafting of everything to make Signalum Upgrades. But sometimes, when I request a Reinforced Upgrade and then a Signalum Upgrade shortly thereafter, the Signalum Blend will not deposit into the Induction Smelter and the process will hang indefinitely. Even if I cancel the process and try to restart it, it still hangs up. I'm not exactly sure what's fixing the problem, but it seems to be either requesting just the Signalum instead of the upgrade, or removing all the sub-components of the Upgrade will get it to reset. Other times it works fine, so I definitely have things set up correctly.

Have you used a crafting monitor to see what step exactly it is hanging on? I would guess that either the result of a processing pattern are being consumed by something else (ie it's waiting on something to smelt not knowing that it has but the ingot didn't go into the storage system) or it is missing a pattern for something or needs something that is rare and you have run out.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    HamHamJ wrote: »

Have you used a crafting monitor to see what step exactly it is hanging on? I would guess that either the result of a processing pattern are being consumed by something else (ie it's waiting on something to smelt not knowing that it has but the ingot didn't go into the storage system) or it is missing a pattern for something or needs something that is rare and you have run out.

It always hangs on the step of putting the Signalum Blend and Sand into the Induction Smelter. I can see the Signalum Blend in the RS system (and the Sand too) but it's like the system refuses to push the materials into the Smelter. The weird thing is that when I cancel and re-order the same thing, it will make more of the Signalum Blend, even though it already has all it needs. I think pulling all the Blend out is what causes it to reset and start working again. Like I said, it's not an issue if I ask for a Signalum Upgrade on its own. It seems to trigger when I ask for a Reinforced Upgrade and a Signalum Upgrade in rapid succession.

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »

It always hangs on the step of putting the Signalum Blend and Sand into the Induction Smelter. I can see the Signalum Blend in the RS system (and the Sand too) but it's like the system refuses to push the materials into the Smelter. The weird thing is that when I cancel and re-order the same thing, it will make more of the Signalum Blend, even though it already has all it needs. I think pulling all the Blend out is what causes it to reset and start working again. Like I said, it's not an issue if I ask for a Signalum Upgrade on its own. It seems to trigger when I ask for a Reinforced Upgrade and a Signalum Upgrade in rapid succession.

Could it be that there are multiple Signalum Blend ids?

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Ahahaha.
    Playing Realms/Vanilla and I decided to convert an in progress 4-state switch into a redstone block in a piston square.
    Thought it would be simpler.
    For some reason redstone blocks don't transmit through the top, so I have to take the signal back past the pistons.
    Ahahahaha

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    Ahahaha.
    Playing Realms/Vanilla and I decided to convert an in progress 4-state switch into a redstone block in a piston square.
    For some reason redstone blocks don't transmit through the top, so I have to take the signal back past the pistons.
    Ahahahaha

Redstone blocks don't transmit through the top which is a blessing because you can move them more easily with pistons because it won't activate a sticky piston above it.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    LD50 wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Ahahaha.
    Ahahahaha

Redstone blocks don't transmit through the top which is a blessing because you can move them more easily with pistons because it won't activate a sticky piston above it.

?
    It doesn't activate a piston beside it either...
    I'm not sure why transmitting vertically would be linked to vertical piston activation, when the same is not true horizontally...

Like I at least tested that the block wouldn't loop around the piston square before treating down my existing solution, whereas a piston pops a redstone torch in front of it.

discrider on
  • Options
    It used to anyway, I'm pretty sure. Trying to move a redstone block sideways with a sticky piston resulted in the piston being extended forever because the signal from the block was telling it to stay extended. I had a good design for a compact latch for button push piston doors that I ended up having to modify because of that.

• Options
    Well, three binned redstone designs later, I now have my field's water-gate-pistons working.
    Just need to build the field now.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    It's that time of year again where I get the itch to play Minecraft some more. Not vanilla though because i've never been creative enough to stretch what content there is there very long.

Anyone have any ideas for good mod packs that would be fun single player? A quest one would be neat but most of those i'm aware of are of the hardcore masochism variety.

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    It's that time of year again where I get the itch to play Minecraft some more. Not vanilla though because i've never been creative enough to stretch what content there is there very long.

Anyone have any ideas for good mod packs that would be fun single player? A quest one would be neat but most of those i'm aware of are of the hardcore masochism variety.

Regrowth isnt really hardcore masochism, but its a year or two old at this point, but its like the gold standard for quest packs.

New hotness seems to be Forever Stranded: Lost Souls. Which is a sequel to Forever stranded, Unlike the first one where you were crashed on a desert planet, Lost Souls has you trapped in the nether, which is a very different way to start.

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »

Regrowth isnt really hardcore masochism, but its a year or two old at this point, but its like the gold standard for quest packs.

New hotness seems to be Forever Stranded: Lost Souls. Which is a sequel to Forever stranded, Unlike the first one where you were crashed on a desert planet, Lost Souls has you trapped in the nether, which is a very different way to start.

Even though Regrowth is fairly old now, it's actually been updated since we last played it.

Witchery was broken out into two chapters, and new chapters for blood magic and some other stuff (that I haven't unlocked yet) have been added too.

I've been playing a new regrowth world off and on for awhile now and have gotten up to thaumcraft.

• Options
    I've got another month of massive overtime and limited free time coming up, so I'm doing what I've done in the past and cranking up TerraFirmaCraft. As much as some of the stuff bothers me, it's just a really great pack in terms of:

1. I can sit down for an hour to play and feel like I made real progress
    2. I'll get sick of it right around the time my overtime ends
    3. The stuff to do is all way low stress, so it's great for unwinding

I'd like to stick with the DW20 pack (which is what I'd recommend for you, @Aistan ) but it's really easy to sit there and read explanations of how stuff works for an hour and get nothing done.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I gave Lost Souls a quick try and it would be decent if it wasn't for the skill system which requires you to spend xp to raise your skills so you can use certain items or even place down certain blocks. It's grind for the sake of grind.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Anyone play on the console (PS4)? I'd like to play that a bit I guess? I dunno, vanilla seems kinda boring without people around.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I have no idea what I'd actually do in vanilla.

• Options
    I'm not sure either. Was doing the normal get shelter/start mining but not sure what to do. Figure I may want to do trophies? But the mini games are meh.

• Options
    Vanilla?

Whats that?

Is that a mod? Does it add realistic atomic physics? or is it a cooking expansion?

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Vanilla?

Whats that?

Is that a mod? Does it add realistic atomic physics? or is it a cooking expansion?

I think it may be the one that creates a portal to an alternate dimension where everything is made of candy.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Decomposey wrote: »
    Vanilla?

Whats that?

I think it may be the one that creates a portal to an alternate dimension where everything is made of candy.

It's all toil with no reward.

• Options
    Radiation wrote: »
    Decomposey wrote: »
    Vanilla?

Whats that?

It's all toil with no reward.

So its what I suffer when I'm not playing games.

• Options
    KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Hey all former Nations At War peoples, Vic's Underdark peoples, and wang hangers in general: Tybi has created a spiritual successor to Vic's Underdark and it is LIVE NOW.

He hand crafted over ~20 underground themed biomes (and feature some classic stuff from Vic's and NAW and others) for players to explore and build in. It has been an on and off process for him over several years and he has finally released it. If you desire exploring caves and underground ruins you should play.

Let him know if the server has any performance issues.

Run the game on the historical 1.12 snapshot and NOT the latest 1.12.2 or whatever it is now.
    underdark.online:52058

Discord: https://discord.gg/ynjvNAK

Don't be a dick*. Respect other people's stuff. But there are lots of ruins that are meant to be mined so don't feel bad tearing shit apart so that you can create something new. There is a whole first part with a mining town that you have to get past and jump down a long tunnel in a castle before you even really "start" this game. You gotta do some exploring to get there and then more exploring to unlock the next biomes.

Happy digging!

*And please don't cheat. Tybi doesn't want to have to use an obsfucator mod to try and combat xraying. Him and his brother scaramanga made little puzzles and hidden chests to add to exploring and it'd just be pointless if you walked around with xray goggles on.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    Anyone want to join forces for this at all?

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Anyone want to join forces for this at all?

I can log in tonight, probably? I'm considering whether this would make for good streaming.

• Options
    https://blog.avast.com/minecraft-players-exposed-to-malicious-code-in-modified-skins
    Nearly 50,000 Minecraft accounts have been infected with malware designed to reformat hard-drives and delete backup data and system programs, according to Avast data from the last 30 days. The malicious Powershell script identified by researchers from Avast’s Threat Labs uses Minecraft “skins” created in PNG file format as the distribution vehicle. Skins are a popular feature that modify the look of a Minecraft player’s Avatar. They can be uploaded to the Minecraft site from various online resources.

• Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    So what's the best way to get a modded game going with mods that aren't in some pre-curated list in a launcher? I've been wanting to play around a bit with Mystcraft, since the 25th anniversary of the myst series went up on kickstarter, and I just can't seem to get anything going. I'd also like to use a non current version of the game, since i really don't like a lot of the changes they made. If there's a decent tutorial somewhere i'd love to know.

dav3yb on
    PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    Anyone remember much about the Blightfall modpack? I'm getting into it and I really like the hefty reliance on Thaumcraft, but there's an issue. I need lots of the Tutamen aspect... lots. The pack adds a totem that clears out large swaths of taint, but it needs 32 Tutamen each. It seems like my best option is a cow spawner or just a regular cow farm to make leather, but it's slow, and each leather only gives 1 Tutamen. I've been using Wood Armor instead since I already have a Golem-automated tree farm, but those have so much Arbor in them that it clogs up the machine.

It looks like the massively-complicated endgame blight destroyer doesn't need it, but that's too far off right now. I just need a few totems to clear out some islands, but that takes literally hundreds of Tutamen.