As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Cloud is also back, and came for your... wallet.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Reigner wrote: »
    I have every tank, enough DPS to last well into the 7* era. Tilith isnt long for this world, Ayaka or Fina need to show up and get to work.

Unless 7* Rem is some healing machine that Im not aware of

7* Rem becomes a healing machine and complementary magic damage dealer. She gains:

* Curaja as mentioned, and she already has Dualcast.
    * If equipped with her TMR, gains a 50% chance to Counter Phys with Curaga + Esunaga once per turn.
    * On Turn 1 and with a 5 turn Cooldown can cast: AoE 3 Turn 80% HP Auto-Revive & AoE 3 Turn 20% Mitigation & AoE 3 Turn +100% DEF/SPR
    * Can spend 50% of her LB to cast an AOE 180 MP restore.
    * Learns Quake & Tornado to chain with your magic damage dealers, which again can be Dualcast since she already has that.
    * Learns a 640% ST 9 Hit (20Fr) Magic Damage & ST 3 Turn -60% SPR , move because sure, give her a -60% SPR break (can't be dualcast though).

She isn't a full healer (though she's close with dualcasting Curaja and already having the ability to put up Reraises), a full support, or a full magic damage dealer. She basically can cover the functions of all of them, depending on what you need.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Crazy. Ex Aileen is only level 68, not even in BiS gear and she already has over 1k ATK DH. I decided not to level her LB because I had nowhere near enough LB pots.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    No worries there. I hate the idea that I shouldn't level some of these characters until I max out their LB. I get where that comes from, but I play this game to play it. When I end up with a cool character, I'm gonna level them and use them. If that means it takes longer to level BSSakura's LB, whatever.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Plus we get those pots frequently enough.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Hopefully we get the LB update that JP got sooner rather than later. Over there your LB levels are normalized so you don't have to worry about leveling them early. That update also came with compensation of, like, 100 normal LB pots.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I know it's technically more efficient to level LBs at lower rarities, but I don't bother. I've maxed out plenty of LBs at 6* and I don't feel like it's a big deal.

I've got Tidus, I. Nichol, Y'shtola, VotE, VotL all maxed out LBs, with Ang at 24 and Agrias and GLS at 20. All with burst pots that I've compiled through playing.

Zomro on
  • Options
    Woo my Ex Aileen is at 1400 attack! Feels good to break the 1200 barrier with a unit. I might try to see how high I can get Randi up to.

• Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    So... I have Cloud but no Elfreeda, so I was looking for an ExAileen for another chance for TDH.

Used around 20-30 tickets, 5000 lapis and a 10+1 ticket. Finally got a rainbow crystal!

I got Marie! GREAT! Just when I realized I needed to pot Minfilia for her elemental resistances.

Is she any good or should I just take a break from the game? After getting Prompto and now this, I am kind of disapointed on the game.

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Marie is a solid support unit. She can dualcast all of the Ga level Bar spells, so you can get 70% resist for two elements a turn. Or she can use Love You All which gives 50% to all elements and, if awakened, provides a strong HP regen. She also has Lovely Guard which, when awakened, provides immunity to all status effects. Her LB provides AoE Reclect which can be used for Reflect cheese (I killed Elnath by reflecting Thundaja).

And her TM is solid, grest for mages and healers and even some tanks.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Free daily netted me Beatrix, that's neat I guess. I'm pretty much done with the MK event though.

Cruor on
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    What I'm going to do is, I'm going to install the game on a family member's iPad, login, and hope I get the compensation.

[edit] I mean, it would be easy for them to check whether someone logged in that day, but I'm hoping they'll half-ass it.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    Zomro wrote: »
    Marie is a solid support unit. She can dualcast all of the Ga level Bar spells, so you can get 70% resist for two elements a turn. Or she can use Love You All which gives 50% to all elements and, if awakened, provides a strong HP regen. She also has Lovely Guard which, when awakened, provides immunity to all status effects. Her LB provides AoE Reclect which can be used for Reflect cheese (I killed Elnath by reflecting Thundaja).

And her TM is solid, grest for mages and healers and even some tanks.

Once I awakened her, Marie carried me through a ton of content. She is amazing and I think very underrated.

• Options
    Emergency maintenance? Huh.

• Options
    Yup, emergency maintenance for the next hour. Luckily, I saw the notice and managed to burn my raid orbs before the servers went down. It looks like Raid Level 37 is the highest the bots can take us. I think this maintenance will also fix the bots/exploit going on with the raid.

Gumi can look at the logged days and last logged platform and determine who was affected by the IOS lockout. That should not be hard to do. I doubt anyone will be able to cheat the system. There will be a minor compensation for emergency maintenance though. Incoming 50 lapis!

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    They indicated there will be a new version to update to in the store. Part of me is concerned the same thing will happen for us iOS users as the store doesn't have the update yet.

• Options
    The notice indicated there were some bug fixes as well as IOS compensation in this patch. I would not expect it to take more than 1-2 hours. Now that Gil Snappers weekend is over, it's back to the TMR farm once the servers are back up. Raid x2 + Gil Snappers Cave has been very good, but I need to pile up more for enhancements and eventually 7*. Need to finish enhancing Ramza (waiting on next story event - hopefully this Friday) and soon Tidus. Not sure about Noctis yet.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So heres the spread for expected compensation:

3:1 against 1:1 2:1
    <1000 lapis 1000-2500 lapis +2500 lapis

4:1 against 2:1 against 1:1
    3x ex tickets 4* ticket + 5 regular tickets 5* ticket or 10+1

(I don't understand betting btw).

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Nah, that's way too generous.

5 beast meat and a 10 dollar bundle for another 5 beast meat. 500% discount.

• Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    So heres the spread for expected compensation:

3:1 against 1:1 2:1
    <1000 lapis 1000-2500 lapis +2500 lapis

4:1 against 2:1 against 1:1
    3x ex tickets 4* ticket + 5 regular tickets 5* ticket or 10+1

(I don't understand betting btw).
    There will also be raid coin (both raids) and MK currency compensation as well. I'm sure there will be a TM moogle and rare tickets in there as well to make up for lost raid ranks. We'll find out soon-ish...

• Options
    Argh I need some +MAG gear for my Christine. She's at 978 MAG. I thought that BS Sakura's TM would have pushed her over the top but I'm guessing she's essentially at her cap + MAG %.

• Options
    "Compensation for iOS Users Only

NRG Restore 10 x 30
    Lapis x 1500
    Rare Summon Ticket x 5
    MA-X Maniple Raid Coins x 10,000
    FFIX Ticket x 3,000
    Yellow Disks x 3,000
    Advance Token x 20
    To address the loss of login days, we will be moving the daily login rewards Day 28 reward to an earlier date, and replacing the original 28th day with 100 Lapis.
    The Star Quartz for Day 27 will be sent to all players.

Daily Login Rewards Calendar Change

The 10+1 Summon Ticket for Day 28 of the daily login rewards will be moved to Day 27.
    The daily login reward for Day 28 will be changed to Lapis x100.
    The Star Quartz x10 daily login reward will be given to all users as compensation.
    We also apologize for the recent in-game issues that have surged, and would like to compensate all players with the following:

Compensation for all users for recent issues/bugs

Lapis x500
    Star Quartz x 10 (Shift in Daily Login)"

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Boo there's an app update and I'm at work :(

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Huh. i would put money on at least a 10+1. last time we had an outage that lasted half a day they really went overboard with the compensation.

that said, 2k lapis for iOS isnt bad. and they neatly sidestepped the 'dont give android players compensation' thing with the 500 lapis for 'general bugs', so unlikely to be much of an outcry about the iOS only rewards.

Could they be learning from prior mistakes?

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Not a bad compensation honestly.

• Options
    Haha, I got the iOS compensation.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »

NRG Restore 10 x 30
    Lapis x 1500
    Rare Summon Ticket x 5
    FFIX Ticket x 3,000
    Yellow Disks x 3,000
    Advance Token x 20
    To address the loss of login days, we will be moving the daily login rewards Day 28 reward to an earlier date, and replacing the original 28th day with 100 Lapis.

The 10+1 Summon Ticket for Day 28 of the daily login rewards will be moved to Day 27.
    The Star Quartz x10 daily login reward will be given to all users as compensation.
    We also apologize for the recent in-game issues that have surged, and would like to compensate all players with the following:

Lapis x500
    The raid and MK currency compensation seems a little low to me. IOS users lost 24 hours worth of farming/raiding time. I think you all got a little screwed there, sorry. The NRG pots, lapis, and rare tickets are what I expected.

@urahonky Christine has innate 70% MAG. What gear do you have on her?

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    urahonky Christine has innate 70% MAG. What gear do you have on her?

I need to farm another Draco Spike I think:

Draco Spike
    Omnirod
    Creepy Mask
    Dark Robe
    Snowbear
    Snowbear

Dual Wield
    Hat Arts
    Rod Mastery
    Sage of Mysidia

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I'm not sure why they wouldn't just give us 50K in raid currency for the last raid, we can still use them. Add in some MK currency, 30 NRG pots (for the lost day), a 10% trust moogle (for ranking loss), and 500 lapis.

Once you try and do something else, nobody is going to be happy. Give iOS a 5* ticket or 2500 lapis and some android users will flip out. Give iOS users 500 Lapis and 5 Ex tickets and iOS users will feel shafted.

EDIT: man 10 minutes late and you miss the party haha.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Android users can get the compensation by logging in on an iOS device.

So, really, the compensation is for everyone.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »

NRG Restore 10 x 30
    Lapis x 1500
    Rare Summon Ticket x 5
    FFIX Ticket x 3,000
    Yellow Disks x 3,000
    Advance Token x 20

Lapis x500
    The raid and MK currency compensation seems a little low to me. IOS users lost 24 hours worth of farming/raiding time. I think you all got a little screwed there, sorry. The NRG pots, lapis, and rare tickets are what I expected.

@urahonky Christine has innate 70% MAG. What gear do you have on her?

Yeah, I estimated around 45K MA-X raid coins I lost and I just log in randomly through the day. The FF9 tickets are a little more than 1 run on LRD, so for me it's really low, but I could see where they had to balance that.

The only thing missing would a trust moogle to balance out arena/raid ranking loss.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Also another random 100 lapis compensation in the inbox for reasons

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    Maybe they were trying to mitigate abuse by Android users logging into IOS devices? I would think they would be more careful about that. They could easily target specific users affected. Looks like they took the lazy approach. Time to get FFBE installed on the wife's iPad.

@urahonky Christine has baes 151 MAG + 34 potted = 185. With that gear, she is not near the 300% cap. She will gain 6 more MAG using a Magistral Crest accessory. Also, is Hat Arts 30 or 40% MAGt? Sworn Six - Water is 40% MAG. Go do the trial and get her the 120 MAG rod as well (Elnath, I think). It's really not that bad.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    120 Mag rod is from Bloody Moon. Which wouldnt be so bad if Christines Chaos Wave chain wasnt Ice. Would make the one skull very much a pain in the butt

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    Hmm. I'll research the Bloody Moon trial then. I'm hoping to have all of the required units.

• Options
    Oh, right! Elnath trial is the mace. My bad. Bloody Moon was a little tricky. I had to redo it a couple times because I messed up the timing on the skull kills. I used GL Sakura Soul Barrage, but I had to be careful because in phase 2, the big skull was dying faster than the respawned baby skulls. Thankfully, GL Sakura has some single target Grim skills.

@urahonky I can setup up GL Sakura to help with the trial (high HP and SPR with over 1k MAG) if you want to give it a try with her as your friend unit. Just bring Ashe to chain with and off-heal.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    So... anyone know any good/easy to use iOS emulators or something similar? :P

• Options
    I'll let you know if/when I try it out. Some of these trials take a lot of effort and sometimes I need to mentally prepare for something that may end up taking me 30+ minutes haha.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Well now I wish I had this game installed on my ipad

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Well now I wish I had this game installed on my ipad

Install it now. Get the compensation.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Hrm. App says "there's a new version of the app" and boots me out, but it doesn't open up play store and going to the play store myself doesn't let me update.

Steam ID: Right here.