As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What games do you want to see this year?

ogbaogba Registered User regular
What video games would you like to see at PAX east? Any anticipated games you hope make an appearance?

• MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    So this year may be a bit more interesting than usual. The Big Three all have exclusives due out in Q1/Q2 that we can guarantee will be on display.

I can only assume Microsoft will be heavily pushing Sea of Thieves, because this demoed very well at E3 with the press and will only have been on the market for a week before PAX. They also tend to do very well with securing third party demos, but I wouldn't be surprised if the predominant focus will be "Xbox One X enhanced" demos.

Nintendo's booth last year was in-sane, and granted it had the advantage of PAX being only a week into the Switch's release. So the hype was real. I 100% expect they'll bring back the video wall and competitive stage for prizes, plus focuses on Bayonetta, Kirby, and indies. I'd love to see Dark Souls make an appearance, and a live demo of the newly announced Labo kits would be dope.

Sony is the odd duck. They have a plethora of exclusives that everyone wants to be there, but none of them with anything close to a release date and they're not too keen on public demos of early builds (reminder: this is only the 4th year they've attended East). God of War will undoubtedly be there, given its vague "Early 2018" window. Last year was VERY indie focused, so I'm curious if they continue that trend or just say "Screw it, come play a Dreams demo".

I've found over the years I enjoy PAX more if I don't expect anything. I find more welcome surprises I wasn't expecting, so when a AAA does rear it's head I can squeal properly.

Then again, I also ditched the long demo lines a long time ago. I love God of War, but... not enough to sacrifice 3 hours of a once-a-year event to play for 15 minutes.

MephistoN7 on
    erdub14zr3u2.png

• sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular
    Its coming in Fall but it would be great to get a first try at EA's Anthem!

sfford2008 wrote: »
    Its coming in Fall but it would be great to get a first try at EA's Anthem!

EA is one of the few developers that doesn't have a booth of their own, but rather outsources their product to other booths (ie. PAX East 2017 had Andromeda featured at the Microsoft booth). Fall games tend to be a long shot because developers are less inclined to bring previews before E3, BUT if EA does bring a build of Anthem that's playable I'd fully expect it to be at Microsoft since they broke the trailer during their conference.

Worst case, we get one of those closed doors dev demo rooms with a big statue in front for photos. :biggrin:

erdub14zr3u2.png

• imnotalawyerimnotalawyer Registered User regular
    Hearthstone’s next expansion is due out mid/early April. I am hoping Blizzard shows up with something more than overwatch merchandise, like last year.

faPgNTD
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Generally just whatever indie games I can get my hands on. Last year Snake Pass and Has Been Heroes surprised me.

• TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Interested in a lot of the Sony exclusives:

Days Gone
    The Last of Us 2
    Spider-Man

• starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular

Days Gone
    The Last of Us 2
    Spider-Man

Spiderman is the reason why I'm gettting a PS4 again, that's gotta be there

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • DragantDragant BostonRegistered User regular
    Looking forward to seeing the Pantheon booth.

• Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular

Days Gone
    The Last of Us 2
    Spider-Man

I'd love for Naughty Dog to do a panel again. They did one for Uncharted 3 and it was fun.

zmYaVYP.png
  • GeekyPanda404GeekyPanda404 The Geeky Panda ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    Ace Combat 7, I'm a huge Ace Combat fan.

mYPBAfl.jpg
  • RedK232RedK232 Registered User regular
    A Last of us 2 panel would be awesome. Maybe more info on spiderman and the new god of war even though that comes out like 2 weeks later. Im not a big indie fan so dont have too much interest in that kind of genre. So not really sure what to expect this time around. Should be a fun time ill be there all 4 days :).

xhdr64jir3c2.png
  • DarkshowersDarkshowers Registered User regular
    I'm usually playing older games so rarely do new games grab my attention.

However, I am looking forward to Call of Cthulhu, Pathologic 2 and Vampyr.

Ds3hsEH.png
  • bbqsbbbqsb Registered User regular
    With the new rumors about a classic Spyro remaster, I'd definitely love to see that. Other than that, I'm not really sure what's on the way for games at the moment, since I've been sticking to niche JRPGs lately.

wchc2rv9iv1v.png
  • VGguy49VGguy49 Registered User regular
    Dragon Quest XI

...I can dream right?

Wishes he could change his username
  • koolarookoolaroo Registered User regular
    Would be cool if UFO50 or spelunky 2 was there. The former seems more likely. Also I want vlambeer to be there just so I can watch rami play js joust after the hall closes.

• jthom252jthom252 Duarte, CARegistered User regular
    edited July 2019

jthom252 on
    jthom252 wrote: »
    Any odds of Rockstar being there with Red Dead?

Rockstar has a notorious history of just playing by their own rules. Considering they don't even attend E3, odds are extremely slim. The only attendance I can recall from them was Max Payne 3.

erdub14zr3u2.png

starNOstar wrote: »

Days Gone
    The Last of Us 2
    Spider-Man

Spiderman is the reason why I'm gettting a PS4 again, that's gotta be there

The thing that a lot of people forget to keep in mind with Sony is these are E3 conference headliners, not something that just casually strolls into a convention months before the fact.

Of the three, Days Gone is the most likely given it has a playable build. TLOU2 has yet to see gameplay, vs the aforementioned Naughty Dog panel with Uncharted 3 which was mere months away from release. Spider-Man has gone AWOL since a sizzle reel at Gamescom, so a panel could be possible.

I know it sounds negative, and I apologize. Believe me I'd die to see these and more at the show. But being realistic, a con like this in such close proximity to E3 tends to yield fewer big draws for fear of losing your big jaw droppers too early.

Best example: Nintendo's PAX East booth in 2010 had the DSi XL, Photo Dojo, and Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver. That's it. You know why? Because they walked into LA 3 months later and dropped the 3DS, Kirby, Metroid, Kid Icarus, and GoldenEye. And suddenly it all became clear.

Don't stop dreaming, all of you! But keep your expectations in the real. Because I promise you you'll love the show even more. :biggrin:

erdub14zr3u2.png

Btw, I think we just got an answer for the other game besides GoW to expect at Sony's booth. Detroit just got a release date of May 25th, so fully expect demos of that.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    I'm excited to see what Nintendo brings (as always), as well as Square Enix. My ultimate bucket list is for CDProjektRed to show up with anything CyberPunk2077 though

DXLJjjr.png
  • Cobalt BlueCobalt Blue Registered User regular
    MephistoN7 wrote: »
    Btw, I think we just got an answer for the other game besides GoW to expect at Sony's booth. Detroit just got a release date of May 25th, so fully expect demos of that.

Nice. If so, that will be a super busy booth!

PPrdvOH.png
  • Cobalt BlueCobalt Blue Registered User regular
    I want to see Bloodstained!

PPrdvOH.png
  • rpgamer246rpgamer246 Registered User regular
    I imagine Nintendo will have Kirby since that comes out in about 2 weeks and they’ll probably also have donkey Kong tropical freeze since that’s a May release

• wells444wells444 Registered User new member
    Battletech

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    MephistoN7 wrote: »
    jthom252 wrote: »
    Any odds of Rockstar being there with Red Dead?

Rockstar has a notorious history of just playing by their own rules. Considering they don't even attend E3, odds are extremely slim. The only attendance I can recall from them was Max Payne 3.

2010-2012 RDR, LA Noire and Max Payne in that order. Nothing since.

• JailbirdyJailbirdy OhioRegistered User regular
    Defiance 2050 from Trion looks like a nice update to see. Would be nice to see the console ports for Tera & BDO since they have not been released yet too.

Gamechefs LTD
    GT: Jailbirdy
  • BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    Beyond good and evil

Wouldn't mind Okami Switch either

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    With the Nintendo direct happening yesterday, i really hope they can show an early build of Smash Bros. or Mario Tennis or, well, any of the games that were shown, hehe.

• starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    jdixon1972 wrote: »
    With the Nintendo direct happening yesterday, i really hope they can show an early build of Smash Bros. or Mario Tennis or, well, any of the games that were shown, hehe.

I was thinking the same thing, hoping for Smash to be there

5fhxvn385q28.png

Smash I doubt, they haven't shown any gameplay yet, but tennis seems likely.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Nintendo isn't on the floor map that I could find...

• divisiontendivisionten Registered User regular
    A pretty significant Detroit demo was at PSX (the Sony conference) last year, so having it at east wouldn’t surprise in the slightest.

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Yeh, kinda hoped that Nintendo was going to be there, but I guess not. No Labo :(

Yeh, kinda hoped that Nintendo was going to be there, but I guess not. No Labo :(

The app updated. On the map, they are now under the exhibitors list, but not on the actual map or in the app's exhibitor list.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    VGguy49 wrote: »

The app updated. On the map, they are now under the exhibitors list, but not on the actual map or in the app's exhibitor list.
    The map updated again. They have a giant booth on the expo floor.