As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] The FAQ has arrived

• BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Yeah where’s my Crimson Slaughter, Clan Raukaan, Speed Freaks, Khorne Daemonkin, Inquisition, and Kroot codexes?

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    The leaked timeline, which so far has been pretty accurate, has SW in May. Orks are June. And Dark Eldar are April I think.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Armigers have a 14 inch move and a 30 inch range melta weapon?

Yeah. Yeah

Just gotta hope they are a reasonable point cost.

Inquisitor wrote: »

Yeah. Yeah

D3 shots on the weapon. And 12 wounds on a 3+/5++ is super squishy. Take from me and my maulerfiends.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Yeah. Yeah

D3 shots on the weapon. And 12 wounds on a 3+/5++ is super squishy. Take from me and my maulerfiends.

Yeah, you can rotate ion shields to bring them up to 4++, but I imagine they will die pretty easy. Hopefully run up and blow up something that threatens the knight first though. Which is why I'm hoping they are cheap enough (and will at least draw some anti armor fire away from the knight.)

Yeah. Yeah

Yeah, you can rotate ion shields to bring them up to 4++, but I imagine they will die pretty easy. Hopefully run up and blow up something that threatens the knight first though. Which is why I'm hoping they are cheap enough (and will at least draw some anti armor fire away from the knight.)

From the stats and such I am thinking 200-225 depending the armament. Actually maybe a bit more then a contemptor dread which is the closest to it in stats in my head.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Realistically, I'm probably going to buy and run them regardless. They are mechs. I love mechs. I just finished putting a gloss coat on 12 battletech miniatures today so I can put lore appropriate decals on them before playing with them.

I. Love. Mechs.

Realistically, I'm probably going to buy and run them regardless. They are mechs. I love mechs. I just finished putting a gloss coat on 12 battletech miniatures today so I can put lore appropriate decals on them before playing with them.

I. Love. Mechs.

I mean I want Chaos versions...

u7stthr17eud.png
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    One can only hope the eventual Knight codex has alternate versions of all their units for Imperium and Chaos.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    it is a zoomier Redemptor.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular

Yeah. Yeah

I've avoided the knight bug so far, but with the armigers, I can't resist the thought of doing four armigers, two knights, and my warhound for a scout titan maniple.

Yeah. Yeah

I've avoided the knight bug so far, but with the armigers, I can't resist the thought of doing four armigers, two knights, and my warhound for a scout titan maniple.

... well now I want to do this too

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Looking at splitting that box with a pal... he doesn't care if I run "Dark Mechanicum" with my Deathguard/Chaos and he's down for starting some necrons.

I'm excited

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular

Yeah. Yeah

... well now I want to do this too

When knights were first announced, I recalled briefly one of my Epic forces, which was four war hounds, two reavers, a warlord, and then an imperator, because fuck yeah! And was like, 'that would be RIDICULOUS to recreate in 40K (leaving out the imperator)... but wouldn't it be fun?'

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Mini-knight is ok, it depends on the points cost really. Ideally it needs to be below 200 points. The melta is pretty lacklustre (ideally it needs 3 shots, not d3) and it’s very fragile (T8 being the magic number for vehicles). If it’s below 200 points though it’s a decent option, anything higher and there is better choices for its tank hunter role (predators, havocs/devs, thunder hammer wolven and so on)

Putzing around the GW site, they have the Maelstrom of Gore for sale... Kharne plus 48 berserkers.

Is that at all a reasonable or good unit to field?

Cuz it seems fun to have that many crazed marines with chainaxes running around the field.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Berzerkers are good but they pretty much only work if you put them all in rhinos or are playing alpha legion to infiltrate them. 48 is more than I would put down for sure because the rhinos would start to add up

I play Kharn pretty often. His weapon is in this weird valley where he's way overkill for infantry but doesn't punch vehicles reliably. In an alternate universe where primaris marines are everywhere it's his birthday every day.

TIFunkalicious on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Dang. For a second there, I thought Imotekh the Stormlord could use MWBD 4×turn with the stratagem. Turns out he has a subtly different MWBD than standard as well as a second rule that lets him use it twice, not a radically different MWBD that fires twice. Oh well, 3×turn isn’t bad I suppose…

That aside, I have this hilarious image of Nemesor Zandrekh stomping up to Roboute Guilleman and roundly upbraiding him for being an upstart and a slovenly dressed usurper etc. as he shuts down RG’s soup powers…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The leaked timeline, which so far has been pretty accurate, has SW in May. Orks are June. And Dark Eldar are April I think.

What leaked timeline?

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

What leaked timeline?

This got leaked at the beginning of January;

Haygsti70K3_C_UQWdI362_x210HyYiDUX-nD8Ye9GQ.jpg?w=601&s=62d4dec5a20805a06648a25923dbccf3

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Maybe a list like this-
    No Ahriman? I prefer him off the disc, and pointwise he's crazy cheap for what he does.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    Odd both the harlequin and DE come out next month
    Still I would like to know how they handle the Ynnari since it's basically a pamphlet.

Bizazedo wrote: »
    Maybe a list like this-
    No Ahriman? I prefer him off the disc, and pointwise he's crazy cheap for what he does.

Its due to rules around artifacts. I want both the Dark Matter Crystal and the Helm which means I have to have two characters to carry it that are not Ahriman. I agree. The dude is super cheap for how good he is.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Ynnari either need to be fleshed out into a real faction or ditched entirely. Strength From Death is a huge advantage for combined Eldar lists that's always going to be problematic otherwise.

I was listening to an interview with the winner of the LVO (IIRC) who was talking about that, and how Strength from Death essentially gave him the equivalent of 25 extra command points in additional actions over the course of the last game.

• frayfray Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I wonder if "codex arlequin" is a typo or if the leaks are from someone at GW France and that's just what they're called there. I'd like to think the latter.

fray on
    "I told you," said Ford. "Eddies in the space-time continuum."
    "And this is his sofa, is it?" said Arthur.
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    fray wrote: »
    I wonder if "codex arlequin" is a typo or if the leaks are from someone at GW France and that's just what they're called there. I'd like to think the latter.

My guess is that, much like "Tau", "Eldar" and "Imperial Guard", "Harlequin" was hard to copywrite so it got fancied up a bit.

• LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Well, "harlequin" is a French word so it's probably not that, lol ;-)

... Huh. Why have Harlequins been exempted from the name change nonsense?

• OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    Well, "harlequin" is a French word so it's probably not that, lol ;-)

"Arlequin" is how they spell it in French. I think it took an h in Old or Middle French.

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Ynnari either need to be fleshed out into a real faction or ditched entirely. Strength From Death is a huge advantage for combined Eldar lists that's always going to be problematic otherwise.

If we got an Eldar faction that matched the Visarch’s aesthetic, then if not complain.

At the end of the day though, Ynari just includes too many choices; maybe if they cut down the number of units that could count as belonging from that faction, then perhaps they would doninate as a choice.

Also, overall I could do without large swarms of guys being the more efficient option; surely GW aren’t happy with the more Elite armies, like Primaris marines struggling in comparison.

PSN Fleety2009
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

If we got an Eldar faction that matched the Visarch’s aesthetic, then if not complain.

At the end of the day though, Ynari just includes too many choices; maybe if they cut down the number of units that could count as belonging from that faction, then perhaps they would doninate as a choice.

Also, overall I could do without large swarms of guys being the more efficient option; surely GW aren’t happy with the more Elite armies, like Primaris marines struggling in comparison.

Their customers have to field hordes of minis to be competitive in the current meta?
    I'm guessing they're not exactly crying themselves to sleep.

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Welp, I did it, I bought the new rulebook and space marines codex

I think I'm going to repaint my old army as raven guard, they seem cool?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »

Go first, then use the Strike From the Shadows strategem with a six man squad of Aggressors (and then try not to get stabbed by your opponent).

Go first, then use the Strike From the Shadows strategem with a six man squad of Aggressors (and then try not to get stabbed by your opponent).

Yeah basically strike from the shadows is what sealed it for me

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    Reading the Tyranids codex.

I don't understand the power level/point cost/ stat differences of mucolid spores vs spore mines... Mucolids are 1p/20pts, spore mines are 2p/10pts... Mucolids have lower power but better stats...

...why?...

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    You need to take 3 sporemines in a minimum unit, right? 2 power for 3 spore mines, 1 power for 1 mucolid.

website_header.jpg
    edited March 2018

Yeah basically strike from the shadows is what sealed it for me

So here's what I'm kind of shooting for, for a 2000 point army:
    ++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [120 PL, 1999pts] ++

+ Flyer +

Stormraven Gunship [15 PL, 328pts]: Twin assault cannon, Two Stormstrike Missile Launchers, Typhoon missile launcher

+ Heavy Support +

Devastator Squad [8 PL, 146pts]
    . Space Marine Sergeant: Boltgun
    . Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Lascannon
    . Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Missile launcher
    . Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Plasma cannon
    . Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Heavy bolter

Predator [9 PL, 162pts]: Storm bolter, Twin lascannon, Two Heavy Bolters

+ HQ +

Captain [5 PL, 97pts]: Relic blade, Storm bolter, The Armor Indomitus

Librarian in Terminator Armor [9 PL, 132pts]: Force axe, Storm bolter

Lieutenants [4 PL, 60pts]
    . Lieutenant: Bolt pistol, Chainsword

+ Elites +

Apothecary [3 PL, 55pts]

Dreadnought [7 PL, 149pts]: Assault cannon
    . Dreadnought combat weapon w/Heavy Flamer: Heavy flamer

Terminator Squad [12 PL, 192pts]
    . Terminator Sergeant: Power sword, Storm bolter
    . 4x Terminator w/PF: 4x Power fist, 4x Storm bolter

+ Fast Attack +

Assault Squad [11 PL, 165pts]: Jump Pack
    . 9x Space Marine
    . Space Marine Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Chainsword, Melta bombs

Attack Bike Squad [3 PL, 47pts]
    . Attack Bike: Heavy bolter, Twin boltgun

+ Troops +

Scout Squad [6 PL, 87pts]: 4x Camo cloak
    . Scout Sergeant: Boltgun, Sniper rifle
    . 4x Scout w/Sniper Rifle: 4x Sniper rifle

Scout Squad [10 PL, 110pts]
    . Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Chainsword
    . 9x Scout w/Boltgun

Tactical Squad [9 PL, 130pts]
    . 9x Space Marine
    . Space Marine Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Chainsword

Tactical Squad [9 PL, 139pts]
    . 8x Space Marine
    . Space Marine Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Chainsword
    . Space Marine w/Special Weapon: Flamer

++ Total: [120 PL, 1999pts] ++

It has the benefit of me only needing to buy the gunship and the squad of scouts. Does this look semi-reasonable?

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    McGibs wrote: »
    You need to take 3 sporemines in a minimum unit, right? 2 power for 3 spore mines, 1 power for 1 mucolid.

Ahhhhhh... I missed that.

That makes more sense

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    ... Huh. Why have Harlequins been exempted from the name change nonsense?

Well to the aeladri they are called Rillietann

This discussion has been closed.