As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Does anyone know if for the goal of purely farming gear are normal or hard missions more efficient?

And if normal, is it meaningfully enough to lose out on shard drops?
    I feel like gear drop-rates are better on Hard missions, but you're spending double the energy than a Normal missions of the same tier. That being said, I think they kind of equal out. Typically, I avoid Hard missions for gear unless there is other gear or toon shards worth going after. But 9 out of 10 times, I will go after the Normal node. Like almost every other aspect of this game, the scenario really depends on what you need and want to get at the time you are considering this.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    Hrmpf - the next frustrating GW. On my alt account (love my Phoenix squad there btw) I get to node 12. My main team is dead already, but I got it down to 1 toon. Which is a lvl 61 (I am 55) Kylo Ren Unmasked. Who regenerates health whenever he gets damage. I have tried like 3 or 4 times before retreating and trying again. And I cannot kill him, cause I lack the burst damage to power through his regen.
    Do you have a toon that can stun or dish out the heal immunity debuff (e.g. IG-88, Sidious)? That may help.

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I think the only toon I have left that stuns is the Imperial Royal Guard - but he doesn't stun reliably. Might be worth a try tough.

TheBigEasy on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I love Kylo Ren Unmasked. He's my favorite tank in the game so far.

Also got my Vader up to 10K power finally.

• Options
    I think the only toon I have left that stuns is the Imperial Royal Guard - but he doesn't stun reliably. Might be worth a try tough.
    Mod that shit up! If only for this specific instance, it would be worth it. I don't have any potency mods on RG, but the mods I'm using still give 30.22% (raising him to 58.22%). Potency mods would make that even higher, especially if you have a potency multiplexer (cross) with potency as the primary attribute (+24% potency, not including +10% potency set bonus).

• Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    So JRey event in in 3 days. Good thing I didn't bother with her BS farm.
    People who did and are not done are NOT happy though.

• Options
    There is talk (well, speculation really) that they brought it back this quickly because of JTR's importance for the Sith raid. I also heard that there is still a possibility for JTR coming back in May already.

Again - most of this is speculation. I am nowhere near ready to attempt even BB8 right now. Only have 3 FO toons at 5* - next 2 (FOTP & FOST) are at 4* and 3* respectively. My veterans (Han & Chewie) are at 5/30 and 3* - and I haven't even reached their nodes yet to farm them.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I'm done with the farm.

Going to put a little more gear on the Vets and I should be good.

When I saw they were bringing it back, I assumed it was because the new raid is bullshit. JTR squads are they only ones making reasonable dents.

I farmed those fucking vets from the time they came out and just finished a little while ago too. It's a fucking dumb ass farm.

mcp on
  • Options
    Yeah, I just calculated how much it would take me to get those 2 vets to 7*. They are at 5/30 and 3* right now. Means they would need 275 shards each to get to 7*. At 16 energy a node thats 8800 energy - provided EVERY node yields 1 shard (and we know they don't). That is "73 and change" refreshes of cantina energy - or 7300 crystals (not counting the naturally accumulating cantina energy).

If I assume 3 refreshes at 100 crystals a day, thats roughly 25 days - again, if EVERY node yields a shard (and I only spend the refresh energy on them).

So even if I assume Rey's event gets back in May, I won't be anywhere close to having them finished.

That means even if I would be willing to shell out money for that, its a long ass grind.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Yeah, I just calculated how much it would take me to get those 2 vets to 7*. They are at 5/30 and 3* right now. Means they would need 275 shards each to get to 7*. At 16 energy a node thats 8800 energy - provided EVERY node yields 1 shard (and we know they don't). That is "73 and change" refreshes of cantina energy - or 7300 crystals (not counting the naturally accumulating cantina energy).

If I assume 3 refreshes at 100 crystals a day, thats roughly 25 days - again, if EVERY node yields a shard (and I only spend the refresh energy on them).

So even if I assume Rey's event gets back in May, I won't be anywhere close to having them finished.

That means even if I would be willing to shell out money for that, its a long ass grind.

You forgot BB8. You need him for the event and you can only get them with a full First Order Squad. JRay BS has layers.

I'm happy my russian (don't ask) guild is just hardcore enough to get things done but not hardcore enough to do stuff like demand JRey or you're out.

Drunken Bastard on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I decided to focus on the vets, and finished them up a bit ago. Already have BB-8 as well, so hopefully they're sufficiently geared up enough to see me through the event. If not, at least I'll have a little time to address that.

Finn and Rey are at Gear 10, BB-8 and the Vets are at 8, and if I *really* need to, I can take Chewie to 9 without too much trouble. Rey can get to 11 with a single piece, but it'd be kind of pricey, and I'm not sure I play to use her enough to justify putting too much effort into that.

Plus there's an element of 'I'm struggling to gear up Dark Side teams for this stupid Territory Battle, I really don't want to blow a ton of resources on more light side characters if I don't have to'.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Fuck a bunch of this JTR shit. I'm focusing on who I want to play with. Right now, I'm working on two dope ass squads. Saxon-led Empire team and Palp-led Sith team. Those seem like fun to me, and this horrible grind for JTR is nothing more than a cash cow that I am not willing to spend for. I started working on Vet Han for a week and got 7 shards. Fuck that.

• Options
    On a positive note, has anyone else noticed that the game's performance has significantly increased? I'm not getting that horrid delay/lag that we've been dealing with for months.

• Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    I'm only at 30/100 for Chewie, so I'm SOL for this go around. Everyone else is ready to go, but since the second fight in the JTR event need both Vets, I can do absolutely nothing again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Fuck a bunch of this JTR shit. I'm focusing on who I want to play with. Right now, I'm working on two dope ass squads. Saxon-led Empire team and Palp-led Sith team. Those seem like fun to me, and this horrible grind for JTR is nothing more than a cash cow that I am not willing to spend for. I started working on Vet Han for a week and got 7 shards. Fuck that.

I feel the same way. I'm going Sith no matter the fucking meta. I spent my considerable crystal reserves on Sion, and I will hopefully get him to 5* before his cards leave. Also Sith Trooper. Together with Palp, Vader and DN we shall rule the Universe. Plus this leaves me with 3 viable DSTB squads.

EDIT: Yes, performance seems to be a lot better. I esp. notice it when opening bronze packs and when I fight BB8..god he was always having this super annoying 2-3 sec pause after each attack.

Double edit: I also love how the Sith team just EATS Nightsisters.

Drunken Bastard on
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    JMan711 wrote: »
    I'm only at 30/100 for Chewie, so I'm SOL for this go around. Everyone else is ready to go, but since the second fight in the JTR event need both Vets, I can do absolutely nothing again.

If you have the crystals built up from arena and GW to spare, it's theoretically possible if you're willing to spend at least 200 a day on refreshes, with maybe an extra bump on a few of those days.

Not to assume everyone has like 5k saved up for a rainy day, but 70 shards in a week isn't impossible, just tough.

Of course, if you're sitting like 500, yeah, that's not going to happen.

Edit: plus, who knows, maybe we'll get lucky with a double drop weekend or something. I wouldn't bet serious money on it, but if this is indeed intended to help make up for the absurd Raid tuning, giving people who are at least close'ish a fighting chance would be nice.

Forar on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I just got Vet Han to 6-star last night, after I saw the JTR notice in-game. I'm not gonna be done with the Vet grind. Which is stupid. Just like everybody else, I wasn't expecting her until May.

Of course, Capital Games / EA likes to shit all over their players and milk this cash cow with all the impulse purchases and scrambling people do to keep up with these events.

The greed behind this game sickens me. And I hate the whales that make this type of behavior profitable for the developers. And I hate the way the entire gaming industry is moving towards F2P and loot boxes and really screwing their players. Gaming has taken a really bad turn for the worse in the last 3-5 years. And it's only going downhill.

I refuse to give them any money for this. If I miss JTR this time around, then so be it.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    I am enjoying the reduced pricing and greater variance in the Mod store.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    It's a scam. The mod store "improvement."

Get everyone to spend their hoarded cash now so that in another 1-3 months we'll all be poor when they drop level 90 on us.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »

Get everyone to spend their hoarded cash now so that in another 1-3 months we'll all be poor when they drop level 90 on us.
    I'm okay with that. I'd rather beef up my up-and-coming toons with sweet ass mods than freak out about getting every toon up to 90. Plus, I can't imagine how long it will take to get my player level from 85 to 90. It took me a while to get from 80 to 85.

Additionally, now that I'm maxed out in the Arena store, I can just spend all my Arena tokens on 1 million credit sums.

• Options
    Wow... Zam Wesell finally has a use. She fucking kills it in DS TB on the BH missions. I only have her at 6-star G8 and she makes quite the difference.

• Options
    edited March 2018

I'm okay with that. I'd rather beef up my up-and-coming toons with sweet ass mods than freak out about getting every toon up to 90. Plus, I can't imagine how long it will take to get my player level from 85 to 90. It took me a while to get from 80 to 85.

Additionally, now that I'm maxed out in the Arena store, I can just spend all my Arena tokens on 1 million credit sums.

Do not forget your fleet!

Oh I remember that you are SOL on your shard anyways ..BUT it might be the way to get in?

EDIT: The worst shit they could pull would be new mod levels with the level 90 thing. But I'm not sure they have the balls for that, Folks would leave in droves..I know I prolly would.

Drunken Bastard on
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Do not forget your fleet!

Oh I remember that you are SOL on your shard anyways ..BUT it might be the way to get in?
    I'm SOL on both Arena shards. However, I can creep into the top 100 in fleet if I try really hard. Since I switched to a double-zeta, Palp-led Arena squad, I've been inching closer to top 150 lately. I'm not fretting too much over it, anymore. I have my set of expectations and I'm okay with them. So I just work with what I have. Being in the top 200 in both is pretty damn good considering what I'm seeing in my shards.

A fine reminder for what you get when you're rank 200 in my Arena shard:
    sidl0tdfrl90.png

I can take out some squads are are around 98k, but it's a gamble.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    Clearing all of Galactic Wars for the first time was an interesting feeling. Of the 3 attempts since then I have failed twice because of high level phoenix squads.

• Options
    Clearing GW feels so random some times, even with them nerfing it in recent months. Sometimes I don't even touch my second best squad and breeze through it. Sometimes half my roster is wiped by node 6 and some obnoxious character kills everything.

• Options
    Cleared Tier 6 and 7 of the BB8 level. I was worried there for a bit, because Tier 6 was ridiculous. The speed on the enemy team was scaled way too high, and their team got about 2 full rounds of combat before I even got to go. Took like 10 resets before I got a run where everyone was alive when I finally got to take a turn. Luckily I was able to beat it. Then on Tier 7 it seemed like the enemy team speed was set way lower because I got to take my turns first, and I was able to kill Rey before she ever got a turn. So T7 felt much easier to me.

Still won't get Jedi Rey though, because as of this morning, Vet Han is only like 8/100.

Feels bad, man.

• Options
    Seg wrote: »
    Clearing all of Galactic Wars for the first time was an interesting feeling. Of the 3 attempts since then I have failed twice because of high level phoenix squads.
    Take out Kanan first and the whole tower crumbles, since that gets rid of team counters.

• Options
    7*'d bb8 this morning. G11 TFP, everyone else G9. Super easy.

Got 7* JTR as well. G11 BB8, G10 zFinn, Vets G8.

Walked through it in 1 try.

Pretty fun event actually. Too bad the farm to do it is bullshit.

also too bad that I spent months farming two characters that I probably won't touch again.

• Options
    I was barely able to do the first 3 tiers of the BB8 event. Since I don't have 5 characters at even 4*, let alone above, I can't go any further than that this goround.

• Options
    7*'d Rey, so that's nice, though it'll probably be a week or two before I've got her non-Zeta abilities at full capacity (omegas being the bottleneck there of course), and in the next few days I'll finally unlock the Wampa (though it'll still be like 3 or 4 months to max it out).

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    I've got 2 FO guys that are 7*, two more at 6*, and one at 4*.

I'm don't think i'll be able to get BB8 in the next 6 days. :-/

• Options
    FOST is really the bastard of farming FO.

• Options
    mcp wrote: »
    FOST is really the bastard of farming FO.
    I only needed him to get up to speed for BB8. At this point, KRU would be insanely quicker to farm and still count towards the restrictions.

• Options
    I have been waiting for TIE Advanced to show back up in any of the stores without requiring spending crystals. I only need 1 god damn shard to get it to 7-star and it hasn't shown up in weeks. This game knows I need that one shard and is going to milk it for all it's worth.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Ah, great. Another event I can't do. Boo.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I have been waiting for TIE Advanced to show back up in any of the stores without requiring spending crystals. I only need 1 god damn shard to get it to 7-star and it hasn't shown up in weeks. This game knows I need that one shard and is going to milk it for all it's worth.

Most spitefully RNG

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    I gave my JTR team a spin in phase 2 of the sith raid.

She's only g7, and isn't fully stacked on skills.

The whole squad was G11 and below.

Got to enrage, and gave my G12 titans squad a run for their money in terms of damage.

That's silly.

• Options
    mcp wrote: »
    That's silly.
    That should be the subtitle of the game --- SWGOH: That's Silly

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    urahonky wrote: »
    Ah, great. Another event I can't do. Boo.

I'm still prepping for the next Luke event and I had this horrible thought. They will finally introduce Return of the Jedi Luke and it will require a full Squad of 7 * Ewoks

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I'm at 26/100 for Vet Han. I don't think I'm going to make it in time to get JRey. I simply don't have the shards for enough refreshes and RNG is not on my side. I only got 4 shards today after refreshing up to the 200s. And I'm also not going to drop like $20 for a character I'll probably never use again past this event, but it's still disheartening to be so close. Maybe I'll get really, really, really, really lucky.

Cobell on