As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Hufflepuff-Puff Pass

2»

• Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    I was bored and this discussion piqued my interest, so I went out to Pottermore and took some quizzes.

House: Ravenclaw
    Patronus: Borzoi
    Wand: 13 1/4" Redwood with Dragon Heartstring and unyielding flexibility

My life is now complete. ;)

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    wallywestwallywest Registered User regular
    Damn, I thought I was a HP fan. I mean I actually read the books in addition to seeing the movies! Go me.

But the information in this thread has shown me what a fraud I am. I shall report to the sorting hat immediately.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    There are no fraudulent fans, just fans who are lucky enough to have more to experience

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    MarcinMN wrote: »
    I was bored and this discussion piqued my interest, so I went out to Pottermore and took some quizzes.

I was going to, but the site wanted me to sign up for it, and I am so damn tired of being asked to sign up for every tiny thing online so screw it

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Eh, I have an old hotmail account I use for stuff I don't really want mail from, and just give them a fake name.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    MarcinMN wrote: »

I was going to, but the site wanted me to sign up for it, and I am so damn tired of being asked to sign up for every tiny thing online so screw it

That's what sites like these are for:

https://maildrop.cc/

You just think up an email like "thisisafakename@maildrop.cc" and then go to corresponding url "https://maildrop.cc/inbox/thisisafakename". You don't have to sign up for anything, as all the mailboxes are created on the fly when anyone sends email there, and they don't require a username/password to view any mail sent there.

dennis on
  • Options
    ShowsniShowsni Registered User regular
    I don't see how anyone got not get Hufflepuff with some of those questions. Do you open a box containing power and temptation, a box that only the chosen one can open, a box with Merlin's secret knowledge... or a box with a small animal trapped in it that will probably suffocate unless you let it out? Would you rather be known to history for your power, your wisdom, your braveness... or your goodness?

• Options
    Showsni wrote: »
    I don't see how anyone got not get Hufflepuff with some of those questions. Do you open a box containing power and temptation, a box that only the chosen one can open, a box with Merlin's secret knowledge... or a box with a small animal trapped in it that will probably suffocate unless you let it out? Would you rather be known to history for your power, your wisdom, your braveness... or your goodness?

To be fair, Gryffindors would PROBABLY also pick the animal over the other stuff, but yeah, Hogwarts isnt really designed to instill a healthy mindset in their students.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    Showsni wrote: »

To be fair, Gryffindors would PROBABLY also pick the animal over the other stuff, but yeah, Hogwarts isnt really designed to instill a healthy mindset in their students.

I love how the Sorting Hat itself is like "this is stupid!" as the series goes on.

Enlong on
  • Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    What if one day the Sorting Hat says "I'm tired of being the near-literal figurehead of segregating students due to arbitrary whatevers that encourage cliques that lead to actual murder" and puts EVERYBODY into Hufflepuff, for years on end?

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    l_g wrote: »
    What if one day the Sorting Hat says "I'm tired of being the near-literal figurehead of segregating students due to arbitrary whatevers that encourage cliques that lead to actual murder" and puts EVERYBODY into Hufflepuff, for years on end?

Well, I havent found a story exactly like that, but there's a really good fanstory where the Hat decides to put kids in the Houses that teaches them the things they NEED rather than what they already have and all the crap their families belive. Shortly, Ron ends up in Slytherin to teach him to actually stand out from his siblings and not be such a goddamn Gryffindor kissass, Harry ends up in Ravenclaw, and Malfoy ends up in Hufflepuff, among other things.