As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steven Universe [PHALLA] Day 9: IT COULD'VE BEEN GREAT CRYSTAL GEM(MAFIA) VICTORY

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Yeah. At first I just watched a couple of episodes every time I watched something heavy or stressful bc it was short and light with soothing music and silly humor - but the story gets deeper as you keep watching.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    If I can get nine more people we can possibly start tonight!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Hi I am Erin plz make me purple or green thx

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    The episode that got me into the show was the one where they revealed the protagonists could fuse into bigger, stronger protagonists a la Dragon Ball Z.

Also lots of songs.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Need 8 more people!! May end up starting Monday unless we fill up!! :D

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I should probably trim that list of Pings for people who are still active on the forums. Someday.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    @MamaWolf you can move me over to the active roster to fill another spot.

You may also want to edit the thread title with how many open spots are left. Might motivate people to sign up!

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Reserve
    No time till monday. Move up to sign up if we start after Monday.

• Options
    Preda wrote: »
    Reserve
    No time till monday. Move up to sign up if we start after Monday.

It's looking like, if we get enough people, we'll start Tuesday.

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I should probably trim that list of Pings for people who are still active on the forums. Someday.

On that note, and it's a long shot:
    @Burnage come feed my Day 1 longing Burnaaaaage

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    !sign up

cB557 on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Wildcat wrote: »

The next few weeks at work are going to be hellish, otherwise I would!

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

The only honorable way out is to find 5 dupes to replace you.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

I know that feeling :bigfrown:

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Let's get back together

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I've not seen the show, but that's been the case with most phallas

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Almost there!! Looks like we'll start tomorrow!! @Preda did you want me to move you to sign up?

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    I'll be back on a reasonable schedule from tomorrow afternoon, so move me on sign up!

• Options
    AWESOME!! Only two more slots left!

• Options
    edited March 2018
    If I can get the last two slots filled by tonight, it would be awesome!! If not, I can still likely start anyway. If anyone knows anyone we haven't tried @ ing yet please do! Either way, tonight we WILL start!!

MamaWolf on
  • Options
    @lonelyahava Isn't on my list because I have her balance check often.
    @mrpaku Played last game though.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Sure, why not. Not really familiar with the Stephen Universe universe.

Bluecyan on
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3M47LlGAWU

What more do you need to know?

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    @Phoenix-D Did you want to join?

• Options
    Will start at 9!!

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Day 1: WARP TOUR

>INCOMING PRIORITY COMMUNICATION.

If you are receiving this communication, it means you've done your civic duty in service of your glorious Diamonds and have enrolled in the ongoing search for Rose Quartz and her traitorous thugs. If you or any gem you know has not received this communication, report to your nearest Work Allocation Depot for immediate assignment to warp core degreasing duty. As for the rest of you, stay vigilant! We have reason to believe that Rose Quartz has become proficient in disguising herself from our extensive sensor arrays and she may have outfitted her cohorts with the same ability. Trust no one! Except your Diamonds. Trust them implicitly.

Voting will end at 9 PM EST.

MamaWolf on
  • Options
    PMs are being sent out now.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Awesome, we got enough to start.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold Campaign • August St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    All PMs should be sent! If you didn't get one, let me know please!! Let the Games BEGIN!!

• Options
    Day 1 will end at 9PM EST on Wednesday 3/21/18

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    @MamaWolf ps blue is really hard to read on Mobile

• Options
    @MamaWolf ps blue is really hard to read on Mobile

Ok. I will keep this in mind for the future.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Not mine, but here's an old list of font colors that read well on various versions of the site:
    ngff0u3r04q4.png

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Why does being told to trust something implicitly automatically make it seem distrustful.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    So... What are the possible characters one might see here for us who don't know the lore?

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Yeah I was going to ask the same. The very limited exposure I’ve had to this was crystals/stones? Something like that?

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    So... What are the possible characters one might see here for us who don't know the lore?

Sort of depends whether this is set during or before the TV series.
    If I remember what I've read correctly, Rose Quartz is the mother of human/gem hybrid Steven Universe, and although she died giving birth to him, her gem is now a part of Steven and so the homeworld gems seem to regard him as an incarnation of her. Because of that the narration so far doesn't necessarily tell us which time period the game is set in.

Edit: just for clarity, gems are non-organic lifeforms; the gemstone is their true self, the body is just a kind of physically-tangible projection for interacting with their environment. Any damage to the "body" can be regenerated after a rest, but damage to the gem causes various disorders, and shattered gems will manifest as non-sapient creatures. The gems have a class-bound, authoritarian, expansionist interstellar civilization ruled by the Diamond Authority (White, Pink, Yellow, and Blue), against whom Rose Quartz and her allies (the "Crystal Gems") rebelled to save Earth from being colonized. The TV series is set years later, when Steven's father (the singer in the music video Sir Fab linked) asks the remaining Crystal Gems (Pearl, Amethyst, and Garnet, who is a fusion of two gems named Ruby and Sapphire) to take Steven in, while the homeworld gems begin to make the first tentative steps to re-establishing contact with Earth. Oh, gems all go by whatever gemstone they are (they don't really have names) even though there can be many of any given gem. Also, gems can fuse together to become stronger (if it's two of the same, they just get bigger and more powerful, but different gems combine to make new gems). Fusing has a romantic subtext in the series, Ruby and Sapphire choosing to live as a near-permanent fusion instead of a temporary power-up is akin to a marriage.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    The OP seems like Rose Quartz is maybe bad? Refers to them as Rebels, but the mafia is listed as Crystal gems, so not sure if those are the same or not.

• Options
    @AustinP0027 I edited in a brief rundown of the series' concepts to the spoiler in my last post before this one if you're curious.

camo_sig2-400.png