As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• beetfarmerbeetfarmer Registered User regular
    Does Mojo_Jojo get to roll for the GF II destroyed after all his ships were destroyed in the delta wormhole?

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Err ... Probably? The unit card says "when destroyed," and the capacity rules say fighters / infantry in excess of capacity are destroyed, so ... ?

You want to roll it, @Mojo_Jojo ?

ED: Good catch!

Elvenshae on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    beetfarmer wrote: »
    Does Mojo_Jojo get to roll for the GF II destroyed after all his ships were destroyed in the delta wormhole?

Good catch

Geth, roll 1d10t6 for the immortal Jol-Nar warriors

the immortal Jol-Nar warriors:
    1d10t6 1 [1d10t6=10]

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Add another infantry to my play mat on the off chance the game lasts that long

Don’t worry, there’s certainly nothing wrong with those warriors just resurrected after falling through the Creus Gate. Just place them directly on your homeworld. Ignore the whispers.

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Play Action Card "Unexpected Action", removing my command counter in the Wellon system from the board. (AC 6 --> 5)

Unexpected Action
    Action: Remove 1 of your command tokens from the game board and return it to your reinforcements.

Sabotage calls, anyone?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • PredaPreda Registered User regular
    No sab.

Play a sabotage

@MrBlarney for another action

I'm kind of surprised that you did that, Mojo_Jojo. In hindsight, I really should have remembered to tell you not to. The game continues, and rapidly approaches its end.

Play the primary ability of the (3) Politics Strategy Card, claiming the speaker token and drawing two Action Cards.

All other players may choose to play or pass on the secondary.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited March 2018
    Pass
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    I'm kind of surprised that you did that, Mojo_Jojo. In hindsight, I really should have remembered to tell you not to. The game continues, and rapidly approaches its end.

I must have missed something. All I see is preventing you ploughing deeper into my territory

Mojo_Jojo on
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Pass.

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Play a sabotage

@MrBlarney for another action

Why you stopped him from attacking Nestaphar?

Play secondary.

edited March 2018
    Play the Politics secondary.

Elvenshae on
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    No Secondary

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • beetfarmerbeetfarmer Registered User regular
    @Mojo_Jojo On March 3rd when you played on the secondary of Warfare you wrote:
    Hmm. The idea was my homeworld would be empty when that got played.

Spend my last strategy token to take the secondary
    Build two cruisers, two ground forces and two fighters in Jol nar (cost 5R with the saween tools bonus)
    Exhaust Jol, Nar and Lazar for 4R and spend a TG for the rest

In his latest update, I think MrBody mistakenly gave you a CC in your strategy pool. If this affected your decision to play a Sabotage because you intended to play on the secondary of Politics, perhaps that is grounds for a take-back. I suppose that would be up to MrBody if Hedgethorn doesn't protest.

Well spotted, in that case I've edited to pass

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    beetfarmer wrote: »
    @Mojo_Jojo On March 3rd when you played on the secondary of Warfare you wrote:
    Hmm. The idea was my homeworld would be empty when that got played.

Spend my last strategy token to take the secondary
    Build two cruisers, two ground forces and two fighters in Jol nar (cost 5R with the saween tools bonus)
    Exhaust Jol, Nar and Lazar for 4R and spend a TG for the rest

In his latest update, I think MrBody mistakenly gave you a CC in your strategy pool. If this affected your decision to play a Sabotage because you intended to play on the secondary of Politics, perhaps that is grounds for a take-back. I suppose that would be up to MrBody if Hedgethorn doesn't protest.

Huh. Oops. Yeah if it's my bad he can take it back.

Nope no need for any take backs. Thanks though

Pass
    MrBlarney wrote: »

I must have missed something. All I see is preventing you ploughing deeper into my territory

As Preda said, I was looking for an outside chance to make a steal on the Arborec homeworld to increase the chance of one more game round. Maybe I should have played the card on my last turn and announced my plans more openly for better coordination. It's pretty easy to forget to communicate things clearly with the online setup, though.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Well yes that is not obvious as it relies on you having two specific action cards. It seems more likely you would have pushed further into me to collect tech specialities / planet types

Well yes that is not obvious as it relies on you having two specific action cards. It seems more likely you would have pushed further into me to collect tech specialities / planet types
    I'm still way too far out to get the number of tech specialties required to hit up that Stage II objective. Even with Meer under by belt, I'd need to somehow come up with two more tech specialty planets. I can understand your concern regarding planet types, though. If I had the "Mine Rare Metals" secret objective, Abyz-Fria would definitely be a tempting target. But alas, I haven't drawn that objective. And all of this still doesn't clear the fact that I don't have enough to win in the Status Phase, but Hedgethorn does, which is the more pressing concern. You're right that I should have been more forthcoming with my plans, though. Sorry 'bout that.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Have the cards gone out? Is it @preda's action?

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Yes. Blarney chooses what to do with agendas.

Let's stall...
    Exaust Lazax Folding Gate and put a GF on Mecatol.
    @Brody

I've replaced one agenda on top, and placed one on the bottom.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    @Brody to take the next action.

Sorry, missed that.

Pass

@Elvenshae I believe.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

Hey, all!

Forgot to mention I'm on a business trip this week and vacation next, so I might be a bit slow to take my turns. I'll try and get a move in this evening!

Wow. I am really glad I read the FAQ, because it totally changed what I was going to do this turn.

So, with that out of the way, and with Mojo having messed up my other plans ...

Pass.

Next up is @MrBlarney.

I think it's actually @Hedgethorn's turn.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Dammit, people, write “pass on the secondary” and stop confusing me. :P

Pass (for reals).

@MrBlarney up next. If I'm not mistaken, only MrBlarney and Preda are still taking actions.

I don't think I have anything else this round.

Pass turn.

Action is on @Preda.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Activate Winnu. Exaust Winnu and Tibah for 5 resources (including sarween tools). Build a Carrier, 2 fighters, 2 GF.

Then since I'm the only one left.

Reactor Meltdown- Action: Destroy 1 space dock on a non-homeworld.
    Bereg space dock explodes.
    @MrBlarney want to sabotage it?

Anyway, I'll Pass afterwards.

Such meaningless violence. Though I would understand that action if Brody had been able to punch through with the Nestphar invasion. No sabotage play

@MrBody to take us into the Status Phase, I suppose.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Let's just cut to the chase, shall we? First order of business in the status phase is claiming objectives.

Arborec claims Revolutionize Warfare for two more VP, giving me 11.

But, of course, I do that last in turn order. Anyone able to get to 10 before me? Unless I'm mistaken, @Mojo_Jojo is the only one in contention. Also @MrBlarney @Preda @Brody and @Elvenshae to claim objectives.

Thanks for hosting, MrBody. I can't believe it's simple to manage on your end, but you made it look easy.

No, I screwed the pooch and didn't have enough infantry. Good game all.

Claim "Revolutionize Warfare". (VP 6 --> 8)

Congrats on the victory, @Hedgethorn. My tempo was off by one round, I should have been more proactive earlier. Still, I feel pretty good about my plays.

Thanks for hosting, MrBody. It was interesting (and a little confusing) being on both sides of the table through our respective games.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    I'm surprised how many victory points are tied up in technology. We managed to draw almost all the tech-related objectives, but even so, given that there's already a strong incentive to claim techs to buff up your empire, it seems a bit strange for the game to also shower you with victory points for doing so.